Trash talk

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Who cares. Every fan base has a set of chippy fans and the Broncos are not the exception.

Just because Peyton Manning's a class act doesn't mean all Broncos fan are the same. I've seen Broncos fan say we left the AFC West because we couldn't compete against them. Ummm, the Seahawks were voted to move to the NFC West during the realignment of 4 divisions. They also point to the John Elway era and compared the regular season records when the Hawks were competing in the AFC West.

To me, they're acting like Niners fans and we all know what they're like.

TXHawkFan

Reaction score
Here's what I wrote on a Broncos fan forum in a thread complaining about "classless" Seahawks players and I think it applies here:

The Seahawks' team is filled with a lot of low round picks, undrafted free agents, former practice squad players, and discards from other teams. They are overachievers with large chips on their shoulders who lack the sense of entitlement you sometimes see from high draft picks who have been told all their lives how great they are. Their mentality is that nothing will be handed to them so they have to outwork, outhit, and outthink their opposition every day and Carroll promotes constant competition for playing time regardless of draft position, contract size, or college reputation.

Carroll is also a coach who allows players to express their personalities within the team context rather than forcing them to suppress them under a facade of cliches as most coaches do. They are only saying in public what players on other teams tend to say in private and this sometimes comes off as unusually brash and cocky.

There is actually a lot to like about this team if you can get past the bitterness of the result of the Super Bowl.