Trading Penny would be a huge mistake

Sugarrayjay

Reaction score
I'm fully aware most of the fans here are fatalistic, end of days miserable fans lol. But trading penny would be the biggest mistake ever. With the right plays (a little finnesse) the kid is amazing. Carson is our bell cow back. Penny is the guy who gets you 15 when you need 6...

calinator

Reaction score
He's not great but best to keep him around. If Carson goes down you need a backup and Carson is a physical back

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Sugarrayjay":48g77bxm said:
I'm fully aware most of the fans here are fatalistic, end of days miserable fans lol. But trading penny would be the biggest mistake ever. With the right plays (a little finnesse) the kid is amazing. Carson is our bell cow back. Penny is the guy who gets you 15 when you need 6...

Nice 10th post. Start by trashing other fans on the forum. Then imply the coaching staff is stupid for not calling the right plays for a Penny. So far, Penny has had 2 good plays this year. Both times a couple well meaning but wrong fans come here and cheer that a first round pick finally looked like at least a fringe NFL player for a down or two. It’s actually kind of cute.

He has no trade value so it would be better to inflate that a bit.

OP
OP
S

Sugarrayjay

Reaction score
Been reading and occasionally posting since 2012, been a fan since 1986...I post rarely because this place is predominantly fire x, fire z, fire the best qb we've ever had lol. Apologies if I find it funny that our best coach and qb ever are trashed on here...

OP
OP
S

Sugarrayjay

Reaction score
I'm also in the uk so it's about 9pm (early for me watching the hawks) and I've had a few lol

massari

Reaction score
Penny has likely about 3rd round trade value atm.

If they can trade him to upgrade a poition of need then add another RB like Mike Davis from the Bears (who should cost next to nothing), then it might be a good idea to make a trade.

[youtube]KVEVR_w6vwo[/youtube]

soxhawk

Reaction score
Yeah if Carson goes down with his physical play, we are done with CJ as our guy. Penny isn't going anywhere.

OP
OP
S

Sugarrayjay

Reaction score
Am I the only one who saw him break the line 3 or 4 times in the first half? Oops soz, I'm on the wrong site, what an awful draft pick......

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sugarrayjay":2gqve4g5 said:
Am I the only one who saw him break the line 3 or 4 times in the first half? Oops soz, I'm on the wrong site, what an awful draft pick......
He had a good game today. Needs to be more consistent overall.

OP
OP
S

Sugarrayjay

Reaction score
Both were great in the first half, I'm just trying to counter the trade Penny team on here...

calinator

Reaction score
Sugarrayjay":2smysof9 said:
Both were great in the first half, I'm just trying to counter the trade Penny team on here...

Just simply can't. After him you have glass Procise and nothing else.

RiverDog

Reaction score
calinator":2i4s5uqg said:
Sugarrayjay":2i4s5uqg said:

Just simply can't. After him you have glass Procise and nothing else.

I don't know how you guys can say that "we can't trade Penny" unless you know the other end of the deal. I'm pretty sure that if the Browns offered us Miles Garrett for Penny that you wouldn't say no.

mikeak

Reaction score
Penny is the guy that gets 15 when you need 6

And the guy that gets -2 when you need 1

He does consistently provide positive yardage especially when hard fought yards are needed

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I am not sold on this player and suspect we just saw his last game as a Seahawk.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1gvwdcqw said:
I am not sold on this player and suspect we just saw his last game as a Seahawk.

we've held on to CJ Prosise for all these years and he's shown even less than Penny in his career. Pete loves his RB's. Only thing that will get Penny off our roster is another RB. Not sure someone's got one that I'd take over Penny. He's cheap and under team control for 3 more years.

I'm sure the Rams would trade Gurley for Penny right about now just because of the cap savings.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Don't forget about Homer. Just possible he's shown well in practice.

Elemas

Reaction score
IF he had real trade value, I would. I'd pray Carson stays healthy and look into Homer getting some more snaps. Considering they kept Homer on the roster and Procise hasn't really been used as a receiver, they must see something in him.

Seahawk luck though...you trade Penny and Carson tears an ACL the next game.

As it's panned out thus far, Carson & Penny aren't much of a 1-2 punch. It's Carson and whoever's available to give him a breather. Nothing wrong with that.

Regardless of his performance today as ATL's defense isn't that good, Penny still has a lot to prove.

Blah blah....there's no real trade value there at this point. If JS can fleece someone again though, I'm all for it.

Latest posts