OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Navyhawkfan187":39qnfhbu said:
His actual quote was something along the lines of:

"You know how you get back at a guy like Pete Carroll? You take Wilson out of the game. You don't run for 3 TDs if his leg is broken."

Yea, 'cause that's classier. Any doubt whether he'd have some serious apologies to give, and probably be either suspended from his job or let go if he'd said, "You know how you lessen RGIII's chances for OROY? You take him out of the game. He can't put up good numbers if he's out for the season with a torn ACL."

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Kornheiser's just jealous cause the tide's starting to turn on his beloved RG3's hype machine, as more people are now talking about Wilson.

Between him peeing all over Washington Sports, and Wilbon honking all over Chicago sports.....I have no idea why anyone watches PTI. It's basically like watching your two grandpas argue over why they lowered the mound in 1969.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":239btgkd said:
Had Pete and John done what they are doing in Seattle for the Jets, John would be the most talked about for executive of the year. Pete would definitely be the most talked about for COY and Russell Wilson would be RUNNING AWAY with ROY talk.

I've said this many many times. That is a fact without doubt.
I know kornheiser doesn't call games, but man would i like to see a Russell Wilson/Kornhole incident ala Deion Sanders/Tim McCarver post game locker room bucket shower(s).

Absolutely douche the douche.

Of course Russell would have too much class.

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8756473[/urltargetblank]

If anyone wants to hear what he has to say (can't recommend it, but saw this link and thought I'd share for context here). Seahawk starts about 3:00 in

Jac

Reaction score
kidhawk":2qb460be said:

If anyone wants to hear what he has to say (can't recommend it, but saw this link and thought I'd share for context here). Seahawk starts about 3:00 in

I didn't know they had a similar conversation on PTI. The conversation on Kornheiser's local radio program actually had a much longer segment on the Seahawks. Wilbon LOVES Wilson ever since seeing him beat his Bears, so one dimension of Kornheiser's comment is actually throwing that love affair back at Wilbon.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Jac":2oh618lq said:
kidhawk":2oh618lq said:

I didn't know they had a similar conversation on PTI. The conversation on Kornheiser's local radio program actually had a much longer segment on the Seahawks. Wilbon LOVES Wilson ever since seeing him beat his Bears, so one dimension of Kornheiser's comment is actually throwing that love affair back at Wilbon.

So he actually used the Wilson broken leg example TWICE? I can almost (still not quite, but almost) understand if it were just him saying it off the cuff and not having time to consider the words, but if he actually said it once, then repeated it again, there is no excuse for it at all.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
If Kornheiser gets hit in the mouth by a stray baseball (or some other projectile), and it breaks his jaw, I'll consider it poetic justice.

Jac

Reaction score
kidhawk":19nbzm6l said:
Jac":19nbzm6l said:
kidhawk":19nbzm6l said:

So he actually used the Wilson broken leg example TWICE? I can almost (still not quite, but almost) understand if it were just him saying it off the cuff and not having time to consider the words, but if he actually said it once, then repeated it again, there is no excuse for it at all.

No, that's why I was a little wishy-washy in my first post (i.e., when I said I don't remember it being said quite like that). The Twitter post is clearly referencing that PTI bit, not the radio conversation this morning. On the radio, I don't think Wilson was even specifically called out in the context of that conversation. It was more along the lines that Carroll needs to be careful with that kind of stuff or his players are eventually going to get targeted. The main thrust of the radio program was Wilbon gushing about the Seahawks.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
kidhawk":2xdeaacu said:

Thanks for the proof. Just one more show on ESPN I won't watch again. I'm down to only watching E60, 30 for 30, Outside The Lines, College Football Live, and games. ESPN has really gone down hill.

pehawk

Reaction score
He didn't say someone SHOULD break Wilsons leg. He said running up the score may cause a player to BREAK Wilsons leg.

Wowee Hawks fans are a touchy and insecure bunch.

pehawk

Reaction score
For real - are we as fans THIS delusional? He said some coach MAY order hurt Wilson. Kinda like Forrest Gregg did to Jim McMahon while coaching the Packers (I'm adding real life context for those who OBVIOUSLY haven't watched football long enough to understand his statement).

Reactions like this, to what is a real topic and discussion point, will forever keep Seattle a second-rate, chicken little, insecure, laughable sports town. Wow, pathetic, for real.

kidhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":3ohgmqde said:
Jac":3ohgmqde said:
kidhawk":3ohgmqde said:

Jac":3ohgmqde said:
No, that's why I was a little wishy-washy in my first post (i.e., when I said I don't remember it being said quite like that). The Twitter post is clearly referencing that PTI bit, not the radio conversation this morning. On the radio, I don't think Wilson was even specifically called out in the context of that conversation. It was more along the lines that Carroll needs to be careful with that kind of stuff or his players are eventually going to get targeted. The main thrust of the radio program was Wilbon gushing about the Seahawks.

Thanks for the clarification.

I still say that talking about having any player purposely targeted is pretty classless on his part. He may not be literally calling for someone to break his leg, but he's talking about it as if it's the norm and SHOULD be expected. This sort of thing (intentionally attempting a major injury to a player) should not be either accepted nor should it be talked about as the "norm". Kornheiser really should think before he speaks.

pehawk

Reaction score
This is embarrassing, truly.

So, now we went from making up a statement on Kornheiser's behalf to make us all feel insecure, to understanding the actual statement and chastising a person for his speech. Chastising him for his speech, even though the idea of "retaliation" for such scenarios is as old as sports. And, probably occurred as recent as the World Series.

Maybe all of you should draft a letter and tell the PTI guys what and how to speak about our Seahawks so they dont hurt your feelings. Or, just start watching Dancing With the Stars, because obviously we dont understand sports as a fanbase.

Kriminee - what a whiny bunch of fans we are. "Waaaahhh, waaaahhh"

The Radish

Reaction score
I used to listen to Kornheiser on the road when they were just on the radio. I've always thought he was a complete idiot and couldn't imagine anyone listening to him.

Wilborn who used to be a decent sports reporter and Tony baby have become TV hacks and are only worried about promoting themselves rather than what got them there.

Agree that any sportscaster that suggests someone hurt one of our players should be pulled off the air immediately.

Has no one else heard about what happened in NO this year?

:141847_bnono:

blue 22

Reaction score
you guys need to chill out! lol and stop being so butt hurt about the media. who cares? you cant control what others are going to say... :les:

pehawk

Reaction score
blue 22":2tdmpi0f said:
no kidding... you guys need to chill out and stop being so butt hurt about the media. who cares? you cant control what others are going to say... y'all stop whining! :les:

They're whining over a comment NEVER SAID! That's the part that gets me. It's amazing! It makes me think there's something to this cities and sports teams not being taken seriously.

What a bunch of menopausal women we are as a fanbase.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I think pretty much any fan base would react like this. It's a lousy thing to say and in poor taste. He didn't say "someone should break his leg" but its just a road that no one needs to go down, its bad form.

pehawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1bui6tyz said:
I think pretty much any fan base would react like this. It's a lousy thing to say and in poor taste. He didn't say "someone should break his leg" but its just a road that no one needs to go down, its bad form.

He was insinuating that someone may retaliate. I doubt it would ever occur, and its a reach to assume it could happen in todays NFL, but they're job is to discuss sports, its a legit angle to take. And, it occurs in EVERY other sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.