Tom Cable says Lynch will have to "adapt" when he returns.

Seymour

Reaction score
StoneCold":1dxs8998 said:
Definitely something going on between the lines. He's telling Lynch to grow up. I got the impression from Pete's' presser the other day that he's annoyed with the way Lynch is going about his rehab. He didn't say anything, more how he said it. (welcome to total speculation land). If he really is difficult to manage then they absolutely could be tired of his act. When it's the only way you have to get the 4 to 5 yards a carry you do it, but...We've seen they can do it with retreads from other teams practice squad (Ok it was lonely the Browns).

We are executing better. Bevell is calling better plays. The Oline is blocking better and Russell is staying in the pocket and JAGS at RB are getting it done.

I hate to think that ML is the kind of player that would or even could upset the team chemistry. Everything you hear from other players is what a great team mate he is. We all know he marches to a different beat, but I have never gotten the impression until now that that was ever a problem.

Then I think you ignored or dimissed many of the things that have been brought up over the years. The tight with Percy and rant when they released him, the flipping off of his coach Bevell, not going to the Whitehouse with the team, the no shows or late shows at training camp, the yearly "threats" to retire, taking himself out of games at will, the issue with his mom going after Bevell and our Oline,....ect. There has been plenty of signs he is a disruption and management challenge IMO.

formido

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1cf9gr2c said:
To me this is two things, as close as we will get to a statement that this is it for Lynch in Seattle, and a statement that this is Russell's team now.

Oh, and a third thing, they are really pissed that Lynch is doing his own thing and not with the team.

Still, if the much touted increase in offense is simply due to better execution, what does Lynch need to adapt to? That is my reaction to the actual words, the first three things are my reaction to the writing between the lines.

Yup, utterly clear Cable was talking about more than one thing. Also utterly clear more than just "execution" changed, since the staff has explicitly said so. They've said they looked at what the team did best, adjusted some things, the line is playing better, they've got some new personnel in, and Wilson is getting the ball out faster. And as we see in these discussions, everyone will continue to read in which of these factors carried the most weight, and which way cause and effect points, according to their previously established biases. :)

AZ_fan

Reaction score
joeseahawks":covtabmt said:
I have ABSOLUTELY no doubt, that Lynch will come back in the best shape of his life and be ready to go in January...

Carolina and Arizona don't know yet, what's going to hit them.

I know deep down you are praying for a 100% Lynch... otherwise your SB hopes are pinned on Christine Michael.

We know how that one would end... quicker than the time he spent in Dallas?

StoneCold

Reaction score
Seymour":gc7t6xsv said:
StoneCold":gc7t6xsv said:
Definitely something going on between the lines. He's telling Lynch to grow up. I got the impression from Pete's' presser the other day that he's annoyed with the way Lynch is going about his rehab. He didn't say anything, more how he said it. (welcome to total speculation land). If he really is difficult to manage then they absolutely could be tired of his act. When it's the only way you have to get the 4 to 5 yards a carry you do it, but...We've seen they can do it with retreads from other teams practice squad (Ok it was lonely the Browns).

We are executing better. Bevell is calling better plays. The Oline is blocking better and Russell is staying in the pocket and JAGS at RB are getting it done.

I hate to think that ML is the kind of player that would or even could upset the team chemistry. Everything you hear from other players is what a great team mate he is. We all know he marches to a different beat, but I have never gotten the impression until now that that was ever a problem.

Then I think you ignored or dimissed many of the things that have been brought up over the years. The tight with Percy and rant when they released him, the flipping off of his coach Bevell, not going to the Whitehouse with the team, the no shows or late shows at training camp, the yearly "threats" to retire, taking himself out of games at will, the issue with his mom going after Bevell and our Oline,....ect. There has been plenty of signs he is a disruption and management challenge IMO.

Some of what you say is speculation and some actual events. I'm not ignoring them, I'm saying they were a challenge for the coaches, but not his fellow players. And will also admit I'm speculating. Based on what players have said about him he's a great team mate. Based on what coaches have said, he's a handful who is all about that action boss. That can make it worth putting up with. What I've never heard is that he has hurt the team.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
For someone who is supposedly a smart guy, Cable sure says the dumbest things. Please give the man some ducktape. Why does Marshawn have to adapt? If the OL continues to open holes, I'm sure Marshawn will do just fine.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
AZ_fan":3cd2ua48 said:
joeseahawks":3cd2ua48 said:
I have ABSOLUTELY no doubt, that Lynch will come back in the best shape of his life and be ready to go in January...

Carolina and Arizona don't know yet, what's going to hit them.

I know deep down you are praying for a 100% Lynch... otherwise your SB hopes are pinned on Christine Michael.

It's like almost pinning your Cards hopes on Drew Stanton...we already know how that went.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1lwc4r6h said:
AZ_fan":1lwc4r6h said:

It's like almost pinning your Cards hopes on Drew Stanton...we already know how that went.

Except some of us knew how that would end.. .the season was over in week 10. I didn't live in some fantasy world thinking my team was gonna win a SB with a 3rd string QB...

... nor would I have gone around pounding my chest for beating up on a team in 2 late season games 19-3 and 35-6 if they had been down to a 3rd string QB.

Keep polishing that 2014 divisional trophy though... :th2thumbs:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
AZ_fan":1nti3g66 said:
Keep polishing that 2014 divisional trophy though... :th2thumbs:

We'll get around to that one after we make sure this one is taken care of.

Richard Sherman Twitter Troll

:th2thumbs:

Seymour

Reaction score
StoneCold":2rq3807f said:
Seymour":2rq3807f said:
StoneCold":2rq3807f said:

Some of what you say is speculation and some actual events. I'm not ignoring them, I'm saying they were a challenge for the coaches, but not his fellow players. And will also admit I'm speculating. Based on what players have said about him he's a great team mate. Based on what coaches have said, he's a handful who is all about that action boss. That can make it worth putting up with. What I've never heard is that he has hurt the team.

OK I get what you are saying and agree, it was mostly a management issue and much based on rumor. I don't think it hurt the team directly or in a way that could be measured, more so held them back possibly?

marko358

Reaction score
Lot of smack talk from someone rooting for a team who hasn't won a meaningful game since 1947.

Barthawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":ue59w46u said:
sutz":ue59w46u said:
I think the "adapt" thing might be a bit overblown here. Marsh has been pretty good at getting positive yards almost every play. I have no doubt he'll "adapt" just fine.

Thing is, that's changed quite a bit this season. He's statistically one of the worst in that regard.

Most of Lynch's carries came with Nowak at Center.. I don't think the change to Lewis a C can be overlooked as one of the main reasons for the drastically improved OL play.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1cv5v3j5 said:
We'll get around to that one after we make sure this one is taken care of.

Richard Sherman Twitter Troll

Damn... I forgot all about that one bro...

In2B202Byears2Ba2Bfootball2Blife

... probably because I'm still laughing at this one.

marko358":1cv5v3j5 said:
Lot of smack talk from someone rooting for a team who hasn't won a meaningful game since 1947.

You got me there man... I'm just wondering though... if we win it all this year are you guys gonna run with something like...

"Our 1 title in 39 years is better than your 1 title in the last 90 years"

... or are you gonna come up with new material?

Largent80

Reaction score
AZ_fan":26yqljag said:
your SB hopes are pinned on Christine Michael.

I wouldn't be so fast to write off the rest of our team. You guys won the west this year, but have done nothing significant otherwise. We'll be seeing you with CM, or ML and the REST of the Seattle Seahawks.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Largent80":2fmh7woe said:
AZ_fan":2fmh7woe said:

I wouldn't be so fast to write off the rest of our team. You guys won the west this year, but have done nothing significant otherwise. We'll be seeing you with CM, or ML and the REST of the Seattle Seahawks.

(Assuming no playoff seeding changes)

Beat the Redskins... Beat the Panthers.

Then talk.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Can we get a ban of AZ_fan? All he does is go around taking offense to any post regarding the Cards and now he is derailing threads that have nothing to do with the Cards.

Largent80

Reaction score
AZ_fan":3jxdvu45 said:
Largent80":3jxdvu45 said:
AZ_fan":3jxdvu45 said:

(Assuming no playoff seeding changes)

Beat the Redskins... Beat the Panthers.

Then talk.

Win a Superbowl....../thread.

kearly

Reaction score
A couple months ago I mentioned that the entire team looked to be playing with more hustle when Rawls took over. Rawls is done now, but his 6+ weeks of hustle and spark became contagious on the team. Lynch plays hard, but I don't think of him as a player who hustles.

My interpretation of Cable's words is that he wants to see Lynch 'get after it' the same way Rawls did and Michael is currently doing. The part where Cable talks about 'details' is likely making reference to the shift towards precision plays since the bye week.

But probably the most interesting part of these words by Cable is that he even had to say them at all. Marshawn Lynch is an elite RB with a decent shot at the HoF. Normally a run first team would just be thrilled to have him back ASAP, but instead, Cable seems to indicate that there are conditions to Lynch returning. I'm reading between the lines, but it almost sounds like Cable is not thrilled to have Lynch coming back.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2hqr2hwv said:
Can we get a ban of AZ_fan? All he does is go around taking offense to any post regarding the Cards and now he is derailing threads that have nothing to do with the Cards.

Didn't derail anything pal. I responded to the "Arizona and Carolina don't know what's going to hit them" and I responded again to the trollish meme with one of my own.

Largent80":2hqr2hwv said:
Win a Superbowl....../thread.

We'll try... and if we get there hopefully Carson will be smart enough to check out of the quick slant on the 1.

I'll leave this thread now LOL... too many feelings are obviously hurt.

kearly

Reaction score
AZ_fan":1yp4zy0c said:

I'm not hyping Michael, but he did average 5.25 yards per carry last week and looked good doing it. For his Seahawks career, he's averaged about 5 YPC in real games. Bryce Brown looked solid. And if Marshawn Lynch does come back, he'll be well rested and healthy.

But even if those guys suck, I'm not worried. Seattle scored 35 at Baltimore with the frozen corpse of Dujuan Harris at RB. Pete doesn't want to admit it, but Seattle is a passing team right now. It's hard for them not to be, Wilson has been the hottest QB in NFL history the past 5 weeks.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I wondered since the preseason and the addition of Jackson was in part to stop the team fractures that lynch is involved in
Examples

Flipping off the OC
Rumors of refusing to get on bus due to harvin
Threats to sit out first game due to support for Kam
This " I do it my way attitude"

3 years ago when he was a monster they tolerated it. As he slows and is banged up more I think they look at it and say is he worth it ?

The teams leader on offense is Wilson now. He has earned it too 19 TDs and 1 pick

This is my speculation of what I suspect is going behind the closed doors.

Latest posts