Tom Cable says Lynch will have to "adapt" when he returns.

Seymour

Reaction score
StoneCold":21320pml said:
Pandion Haliaetus":21320pml said:
Laloosh":21320pml said:
When I read Cable's comments, I got the impression that Lynch has either resisted or had a hard time making some changes that they've now made and found success with. All hypothetical / guessing of course but that's the impression that I got.

I dont read that all... Imo Cable is just saying Russell Wilson is in the driver of this offense now. Its Wilson's. The talk about adapting merely could mean Lynch takes a backseat to Wilson and how they are doing things through him first and foremost.

How can this be Russell's team when we still run more than we pass?

Because Russell makes all the passes and he runs also.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3r7v71es said:
But, I thought the only thing that changed was the execution got better? That is what I was told by Cable and Darrell and their tireless supporters.

Why would lynch have to adapt to better execution?

Ding, ding!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
AZ_fan":4texnfpa said:
Seymour":4texnfpa said:
Lions do not concern themselves with the opinion of sheep. If you win will we blah blah blah?? The question that will never need to be answered?! The Tards are the king of choke, yet you have the balls to use that word against us for 1 crappy play and a 43-8 W the year prior? Season after season of choking makes your team a joke, now run away in shame please.

No shame here bud.

I do salute you though for having the balls to call us out for "seasons and seasons of choking" being a fan of a team with 1 Super Bowl in 39 years.

It must have sucked all those years to have the multiple SB winning Steelers/Cowboys/49ers/Patriots/Redskins/Dolphins/Ravens/Packers/Giants/Raiders/Colts/Broncos fans calling out your team for their lack of a SB title.

But hey... Now you can join the club with the Saints/Jets/Bucs/Bears/Chiefs/Rams with that 1 Lombardi...

I just hope you don't have to milk 43-8 for as long as Jets fans have to milk their 16-7 and Chiefs fans that 23-7.

In short... I don't lose sleep over the lack of a SB title. Find some new material while you are milkin' it... Nobody cares about 2013.

(I know I said I would leave the thread but I just had to respond to this... LOL please feel free to continue your discussion I'll take a step back now. :th2thumbs: )

How about 'taking a step' all the way back to whatever AZ forum you hang out in...and stay there. I know you want to play with the big boys, so we'll see if your team can actually get it done this season.

OP
OP
DavidSeven

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Laloosh":1lip0xcl said:
DavidSeven, question: Do you think any of it my be formation / play call (type of run) specific stuff? Rawls ran out of a lot of single back and I formation right? Lynch saw a lot more R/O from the gun and hasn't seemed to do as well from the I.

I bet this depends on whether or not Lynch either doesn't like running out of the "I" or can't be trusted to do the "right thing" out of that formation. It could be that the coaching staff just thinks he's better out of shotgun and doesn't have a problem with him running out of that look more frequently. I think his comments are more about overall "buy in" to what they're doing now and how they're working professionally.

Uffda

Reaction score
Certainly he'll have to adapt, there may possibly be a running lane now.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":16qi7xlu said:
How about 'taking a step' all the way back to whatever AZ forum you hang out in...and stay there. I know you want to play with the big boys, so we'll see if your team can actually get it done this season.

Yes we will... barring a catastrophic knee injury that takes out our QB... I like our chances.

Best of luck in January...

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Nice job Cable...maybe you should coach your line to adapt to teams that have a good d-line. Quit worrying about Lynch and start coaching for a change.

OP
OP
DavidSeven

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Tom's definitely going to have to step back from the high horse after his unit got embarrassed in both phases today.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2xy73419 said:
Tom's definitely going to have to step back from the high horse after his unit got embarrassed in both phases today.

That leaves one scratching their head as to why they "couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag" today.

Rob12

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3nmriclb said:

Yes he does. Pathetic effort.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Rob12":1x3hxgxu said:
DavidSeven":1x3hxgxu said:

Yes he does. Pathetic effort.
It had nothing to do with "Effort" and a whole lot to do with being way overmatched :141847_bnono:

Jville

Reaction score
DavidSeven":kv55fap3 said:

I would only point out that their options and play book shrank a lot going into and during the game. Moving Bailey in at left tackle deprived them of that 6th lineman option. IIRC Bailey had 17 snaps as a 6th lineman verses the Browns. Another factor was that once a headhunter knocked Willson out of the game, Cooper Helfet was their only tightend. So ..... the TE chipping that worked so well during the Brown's game was absent for the balance of the Rams game. Then there was the case of the two recently added running backs settling into protection schemes and finding a running rhythm verses a penetrating defense.

With regards to Cable, I would like to see him get on with it and complete his effort to fill out all of his roster with smart athletes. I've long since tired of athletic and technique mismatches with the Rams front seven.

olyfan63

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3g6hawud said:
AZ_fan":3g6hawud said:
I know deep down you are praying for a 100% Lynch... otherwise your SB hopes are pinned on Christine Michael.

We know how that one would end... quicker than the time he spent in Dallas?

I'm pretty tolerant of opposing fans. Even kind of fond of that Ringless guy. For him, and for Fitzgerald, I could be happy seeing them pick up that trophy.

But this, this makes me really want to see CM racking up big yards in the post-season and hanging a 100+ burger on the cards before the season is over.

-bsd

AZ_fan, you've gone into full-on douche mode in this thread. In other threads, you've had some interesting contributions. Here it seems you're just trying to jab and poke and press people's buttons, with very limited actual football content, and mostly off topic relative to the thread. Is that really what you're about? Then you say you'll bow out, but instead return to troll some more, so we can trust you to be a man of your word?

Please, take the douche mode to "The Shack", where nearly anything goes. You know about "The Shack", right?
Your contributions to this thread have been off topic, irrelevant, and net negative; we're all dumber for having read them.
Do you have any insight on what Cable's quote meant with regard to Lynch's return? Probably not, as you have limited knowledge of the nuances of Seahawks team dynamics and history (same would be true for most of us re: Cards)
Other posters do have this knowledge and have thankfully shared it here.

AZ_mode squawking aside, it really sounds like we are witnessing the final hurrah of Marshawn Lynch in Seattle. Cable, Carroll, and Bevell now know for sure Russell the gunslinger can put this team on his back, and other backs can run behind this line. Lynch has been put on notice that he needs to keep it "all about that action" and not engage in distracting antics.

I remember when Harvin was milking his "hip injury" how frustrated Pete sounded from week to week when he'd get asked about it. I really haven't heard him sound quite that way on ML's rehab, but maybe I didn't hear the right interview. Thank God, ML is no Percy Harvin on the malingering front.

sutz

Reaction score
I love when fans go into psycho-analysis mode.

:snack:

olyfan63

Reaction score
Says he came to this board specifically for intelligent discussion, then proceeds to dumb it down, posts silly off-topic jabs, and tries to turn this into his own personal smack-talking board. There are other discussion boards that are a great place for that if that's what he likes. This board has "The Shack" for that.

Now, can we get back on topic if there's any more to say on this topic.

It seems the coaching staff is overall quite unhappy with Lynch for conducting his rehab away from team doctors and team supervision. Pete has been diplomatic about it in his press conferences. I guess we can only judge by the results. If Lynch gets himself healthy in time for the playoffs, then comes in and performs, he's simply a "free spirit". If Lynch isn't ready to go by the playoffs, and/or is an unproductive shell of his Beastmode self, then he's "selfish", "unprofessional", etc.

Either way, I'm starting to think 90+% chance we are watching the last few Marshawn Lynch games in a Seahawks uniform.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
AZ_fan":16ak2v8a said:
joeseahawks":16ak2v8a said:
I have ABSOLUTELY no doubt, that Lynch will come back in the best shape of his life and be ready to go in January...

Carolina and Arizona don't know yet, what's going to hit them.

I know deep down you are praying for a 100% Lynch... otherwise your SB hopes are pinned on Christine Michael.

Can I ask how it tastes?

It's tasting pretty sweet over here.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
hawknation2015":qf8i9m4u said:
AZ_fan":qf8i9m4u said:
joeseahawks":qf8i9m4u said:
I have ABSOLUTELY no doubt, that Lynch will come back in the best shape of his life and be ready to go in January...

Carolina and Arizona don't know yet, what's going to hit them.

Can I ask how it tastes?

It's tasting pretty sweet over here.

He's probably not going to show on here for awhile. He complained that I pointed out the last two seasons, the Seahawks beat the Cards 34-22 and 35-6 in Arizona respectively. Guess what happened this season - 36-6. Looks like things haven't changed much for Cards against the Seahawks in Arizona.

Latest posts