TNF: I thought Gurley was supposed to be awesome?

RedAlice

Reaction score
I'd like to add....IF the Rams stay in StL: Gurley will only be half what he could, and will probably go to a better team.

London12

Reaction score
Yeah, he was annoyingly good at getting yards against us, particularly after the tackle.

I'd have been impressed with the hurdle if it hadn't caused him to fumble, that's not a good play.

NINEster

Reaction score
Seanhawk":14t7p1n3 said:
Ramfan128":14t7p1n3 said:
If the Seahawks had Gurley in that offense, he'd be threatening the rookie rushing record. You have a great QB, a good run blocking offensive line and a good defense.

Fixed it for you.

No, RamFan had it right before.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3bo6sjfx said:
JPatera76":3bo6sjfx said:
Honestly i didnt see anything flashy or amazing about gurley. So he can hurdle?...ok.. Ok so fisher waits until later in the game for the majority of his snaps because opposing defenses are probably worn out?.. Because at the start je was stone walled alot. Imo Gurley made be just above average but imo not near the hype he's getting

He can hurdle, run through tackles, and outrun most NFL players. Also has shown good vision and uncanny balance.

2nd best RB in the NFL and it's not even close.

I don't know about AP. I get more of a Steven Jackson feel for him. A very talented all around back who's career will get wasted on a team that never figures out how to utilize him properly.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Ramfan128":19uktze5 said:
JPatera76":19uktze5 said:
Honestly i didnt see anything flashy or amazing about gurley. So he can hurdle?...ok.. Ok so fisher waits until later in the game for the majority of his snaps because opposing defenses are probably worn out?.. Because at the start je was stone walled alot. Imo Gurley made be just above average but imo not near the hype he's getting

He can hurdle, run through tackles, and outrun most NFL players. Also has shown good vision and uncanny balance.

Ill just chalk it up to homerism, but just because he's starting out just above average in the NFL doesnt mean anything. I'll reserve FURTHER judgement of him until yr 2 or 3. As I said before as of right now, I'm not impressed.

Gurley does in the 2ND half what lynch does ALL GAME. Fisher uses Gurley in the 2nd half.. WHY? because thats typically when Defenses are tired. After all you can't deny the 1st half that fisher tried playing gurley he looked pedestrian. 2nd half game and he livened up because out defense at that point just checked out further. Rather smart move by Fisher to have his rookie RB get those amazing stats in garbage time when defenses are checked out and tired.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Uncle Si":plaqxwfo said:
To be fair to the OP, Gurley hasn't been all that impressive since those 4 games where he was ripping off 100 yard halves. Hes only topped 100 yards once in his last 7 games (only topping 70 yards 2 times in his last 7, really). Goes a bit past "a bad game"

Still, 3rd in the NFL in total yards, such was the magnitude of that 4 game run.

Rams fans probably know why...

He was also 2nd in the league for that game in yards after contact. Gurley is good, he's only a rookie. There's something to be said about facing a very good run defense in their house. With Keenum as your QB.

RedAlice

Reaction score
JPatera76":17ayzc6z said:
Ramfan128":17ayzc6z said:
JPatera76":17ayzc6z said:

Ill just chalk it up to homerism, but just because he's starting out just above average in the NFL doesnt mean anything. I'll reserve FURTHER judgement of him until yr 2 or 3. As I said before as of right now, I'm not impressed.

Gurley does in the 2ND half what lynch does ALL GAME. Fisher uses Gurley in the 2nd half.. WHY? because thats typically when Defenses are tired. After all you can't deny the 1st half that fisher tried playing gurley he looked pedestrian. 2nd half game and he livened up because out defense at that point just checked out further. Rather smart move by Fisher to have his rookie RB get those amazing stats in garbage time when defenses are checked out and tired.

So, you are saying the Hawk defense was checked out in the second half of our game?

I always thought Gurley was drafted for 2016 in LA. I didn't even think he would play this year. I think Fisher is brilliant for not letting him get hurt, letting him get his 1k yards and ..... bringing a name into LA.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think Fisher is brilliant for not letting him get hurt, letting him get his 1k yards and ..... bringing a name into LA.

This is a Oxy Moron.

I do know after they drafted him they stated they are going to ease him into things and let him heal, now whether that was The Fish, (my new name for him since he is slimy, hard to get a handle on, and when you think you have him on the hook wiggles off) or the franchise making the decision. I know The Fish ran Eddie George and McNair into the ground and had them playing hurt a lot, even Jackson was playing less then 100 percent and with injuries that he should have sat with. Or maybe after Bradford they decided to take it easy with guys coming back from injury after they paid the price for rushing him back before he was really ready.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":szc341pa said:
I think Fisher is brilliant for not letting him get hurt, letting him get his 1k yards and ..... bringing a name into LA.

This is a Oxy Moron.

I do know after they drafted him they stated they are going to ease him into things and let him heal, now whether that was The Fish, (my new name for him since he is slimy, hard to get a handle on, and when you think you have him on the hook wiggles off) or the franchise making the decision. I know The Fish ran Eddie George and McNair into the ground and had them playing hurt a lot, even Jackson was playing less then 100 percent and with injuries that he should have sat with. Or maybe after Bradford they decided to take it easy with guys coming back from injury after they paid the price for rushing him back before he was really ready.

You won't hear a lot of positive comments from me right now re Fisher. And, I am aware of the history.

I do think he handled Gurley perfect for a name into LA. Including letting him rest this week, and yes - playing him at the end of games. Rams did not win this season.

IF Rams are moving, Gurley, Aaron Donald, plus a healthy Quinn are three great names for the marketing team.....

I think I've said over and over that I don't believe Fisher was hired to win.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
JPatera76":2zocacrb said:
Ramfan128":2zocacrb said:
JPatera76":2zocacrb said:

This is a terrible take all around.

:34853_doh:

bigskydoc

Reaction score
RedAlice":2hno8qqv said:
IF Rams are moving, Gurley, Aaron Donald, plus a healthy Quinn are three great names for the marketing team.....

I think I've said over and over that I don't believe Fisher was hired to win.

Exactly. Fisher is doing what he was hired to do. Stack a roster and dishearten a fanbase by losing.

Watch them secure a move before the draft, pick up Vernon Adams, and go on a tear next year. If they are stuck in St Louis for another year, it will be Prukop in the 2017 draft.

-bsd

JPatera76

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1pawiidv said:
JPatera76":1pawiidv said:
Ramfan128":1pawiidv said:
JPatera76":1pawiidv said:

This is a terrible take all around.

:34853_doh:

explain why it was a terrible take all around

SuperMan28

Reaction score
I know Kamon Brown and Rob Havenstein getting hurt on the same play put the OL in major flux. Rams were starting mid-late round round rookies for the first time because of it ,Andrew Donnal and Cody Wichman. Brown went to IR, was having a good year. Rob Havenstein has since returned and is playing great. Plus the Rams passing game went to shambles leading to the benching of Foles and firing of Frank Cignetti. So the amount of adversity the Rams offense has been through as a whole is highly unprecedented. But lately things are looking up. OL is coming together, despite the tremendous youth and injuries, and Keenum is doing some good things. Gurley had about 100 yards of total offense against SEA. Being their defense was geared to stop him, that's pretty good. Every defense is focused on stopping Gurley, though.

I don't believe Gurley plays today. So there's that.

OT: Will Lynch be a Seahawk next year?

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Two words.....Trent Richardson......I'm not saying he will be what Richardson had become after his rookie year, but we have to be weary of that. When teams focus to stop the RB himself that's when it shows how good he really is, you look at Lynch and Peterson, sometimes they get shutdown but most of the times when teams try to stop them they gash them instead.

Gurley looks great right now, but as the whole saying goes wait until defenses have a year of tape on him. If he does great next year then he's a great pickup for the Rams.

Rawls looks great too but we have to see in a few years where he might be as well, but he's been great this season.

Injuries is another thing to look at as well, that's why RBs are hard to predict their productions, their lifespan isn't that long and some can flame out earlier than expected when coming back from injuries.

Alfred Morris had looked great for 3 years, then bam look at his stats this year. I think year 4 is a good indicator of how good the RB will be later on as that is when they will really hit their prime.