TNF: I thought Gurley was supposed to be awesome?

OP
OP
b8rtm8nn

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1iidb8dv said:
ringless":1iidb8dv said:
I would take Gurley over any RB in the division. Lynch is done. He is old, and has been struggling with injuries weekly since last year.

Rawls is an unknown. There have been some huge holes opened for him. He didn't play much in college because they didn't consider him that good. He might be, but there just isn't enough information yet.

Gurley is a proven in college. He is young, and he likely wasn't 100%, but even if he was he did very well behind a very bad o-line.

David Johnson will likely be the 2nd best back in the division moving forward. But the gap between him and Gurley is likely to be significant.
Disagree. We'll see over the next couple of years how it shakes out but I like Rawls every bit as much as Gurley and more than Johnson. I think he has elite vision and very, very good quickness and cutting ability. Reminds me if a tough Shawn Alexander.

I figured most Seahawks would want to take Rawls over Gurley based on how the Seahawks use their running backs - I was surprised FlyHawksFly went the other way. Hopefully all four young RBs will be relatively healthy for the next few years and we can have some comparables - that would be a new experience for me as a Cards fan.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":2d1zr866 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2d1zr866 said:
ringless":2d1zr866 said:
I would take Gurley over any RB in the division. Lynch is done. He is old, and has been struggling with injuries weekly since last year.

Rawls is an unknown. There have been some huge holes opened for him. He didn't play much in college because they didn't consider him that good. He might be, but there just isn't enough information yet.

Gurley is a proven in college. He is young, and he likely wasn't 100%, but even if he was he did very well behind a very bad o-line.

David Johnson will likely be the 2nd best back in the division moving forward. But the gap between him and Gurley is likely to be significant.
Disagree. We'll see over the next couple of years how it shakes out but I like Rawls every bit as much as Gurley and more than Johnson. I think he has elite vision and very, very good quickness and cutting ability. Reminds me if a tough Shawn Alexander.

I figured most Seahawks would want to take Rawls over Gurley based on how the Seahawks use their running backs - I was surprised FlyHawksFly went the other way. Hopefully all four young RBs will be relatively healthy for the next few years and we can have some comparables - that would be a new experience for me as a Cards fan.
Always wish good health for all players. And yes hopefully in a few years we are able to compare.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":uik1gdrz said:
ringless":uik1gdrz said:

Not even close, but maybe the guy that was running the ball before him, Ricky Watters, Alexander avoided contact everywhere but inside the 5 yard line, Rawls initiates a hit like Walter Payton did at the end of a run, better to deliver then receive, Watters ran thru contact as well.

Rex

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":36x0nesd said:
The bet would be with SeAhAwKeR4life, meaning Gurley would break 50 yards rushing. If he doesn't, SeAhAwKeR4life chooses the avatar of choice for me ( and vice versa ). You can take that bet with me if you want though :)

And it isn't my fault you guys ruined Foles, he wasn't nearly this bad when you got him...

Yeah that Rams at Packers game messed up both starting QBs. Go ahead and clown on 4life. :th2thumbs: I've said it before so I'll say it again...the desert dirty birdies are my next favorite team to the Rams. I hope the team does well even though I can't stand 'Ol Wobbly Jowls. I hope Ol Wobbly Jowls gets to hoist the Lombardi trophy over his head soon.....and then drops it on his head. That my friend is must-see TV. :lol:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":1o8krygt said:
hawksfansinceday1":1o8krygt said:
ringless":1o8krygt said:

Not even close, but maybe the guy that was running the ball before him, Ricky Watters, Alexander avoided contact everywhere but inside the 5 yard line, Rawls initiates a hit like Walter Payton did at the end of a run, better to deliver then receive, Watters ran thru contact as well.
That's why I said a "tough" Alexander. He has Shawn's elite vision. I like the Watters comparison though I think Rawls' ability to see the seams is a bit better.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Hard for anyone to run against a seven or eight man front.

Teams don't respect Case Keenum and the STL receivers. And until they do, they'll have a hard time running the ball.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'll accept Gurley is not at 100% this year due to the 2nd serious knee injury he has had to that knee(same one?)However next year that excuse is gone.He does have the risk(s) of reinjuring that knee or the other one(it's happened to others)
He may be just like Trent Richardson.One good year and downhill after.The NFL figures out any weakness a RB has and it can really affect certain ones(just saying).I think he is good but I don't think he will be a an AP or young CJ.I'd rather have our RB's any day.They don't have bad knees which kills RBs off.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
There is just no way Rawls is even close to Gurley.

If the Seahawks had Gurley in that offense, he'd be threatening the rookie rushing record. You have a good QB, a great run blocking offensive line and a great defense.

Gurley has run behind an OL that was suspect to begin with.......and then lost both guards for the year and the RT for a few games. And Case Keenum is his QB.

Seattle should hold him under 50 yards next week. If they don't it's a win for Gurley. We have a poor QB, OL and WR group....you know what we're going to do. If I make it to the championship game next week in my fantasy league, I'm benching Gurley. Fully expect Seattle to shut him down.

There are plenty of stats that show that Gurley is amazing. There's not a RB in the NFL I'd take over him, although I'd currently put him at 3rd best behind AP and Bell.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1xtu9xdj said:
If the Seahawks had Gurley in that offense, he'd be threatening the rookie rushing record. You have a great QB, a good run blocking offensive line and a good defense.

Fixed it for you.

OP
OP
b8rtm8nn

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":2ixqz3d3 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2ixqz3d3 said:
chris98251":2ixqz3d3 said:
Gurley is Steven Jackson 2.0, good back but watch him get bottled up against a good run defense.
I'm calling it now, Hawks hold him under 80 a week from Sunday.

Naw, under 50....

Both wrong, and he only had 19 carries..I guess he is kind of a badass...

JPatera76

Reaction score
Honestly i didnt see anything flashy or amazing about gurley. So he can hurdle?...ok.. Ok so fisher waits until later in the game for the majority of his snaps because opposing defenses are probably worn out?.. Because at the start je was stone walled alot. Imo Gurley made be just above average but imo not near the hype he's getting

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
That hurdle was great, the fumble wasn't.. but Gurley will learn to hold the rock. The kid is special, and it sucks that he's on a division rival.. if the Rams can ever figure itself out offensively (i.e. find a QB and get a reliable WR or two), he's going to be one frightening guy to deal with.

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":8y5zi3fc said:
That hurdle was great, the fumble wasn't.. but Gurley will learn to hold the rock. The kid is special, and it sucks that he's on a division rival.. if the Rams can ever figure itself out offensively (i.e. find a QB and get a reliable WR or two), he's going to be one frightening guy to deal with.

Yeah... saw him at UGA (sister is a graduate) and the guy is the next AP in my opinion.

The knee injury is the only reason he fell to 10th overall... dude has #1 talent.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
JPatera76":2mbun51n said:
Honestly i didnt see anything flashy or amazing about gurley. So he can hurdle?...ok.. Ok so fisher waits until later in the game for the majority of his snaps because opposing defenses are probably worn out?.. Because at the start je was stone walled alot. Imo Gurley made be just above average but imo not near the hype he's getting

He can hurdle, run through tackles, and outrun most NFL players. Also has shown good vision and uncanny balance.

2nd best RB in the NFL and it's not even close.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":sel9ft7d said:

Only his 2nd fumble on the year, and neither lost (which is just lucky I know). Still, pretty impressive for a rookie.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2m7cak6w said:
JPatera76":2m7cak6w said:

He can hurdle, run through tackles, and outrun most NFL players. Also has shown good vision and uncanny balance.

Eh, I fee like you're implying AP is the first here, but I would put a healthy Le'Veon before Gurley.

I honestly would rank it like this:

1. Le'Veon Bell
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Todd Gurley

When all are healthy.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":3bhdam26 said:
Ramfan128":3bhdam26 said:
JPatera76":3bhdam26 said:

Eh, I fee like you're implying AP is the first here, but I would put a healthy Le'Veon before Gurley.

I honestly would rank it like this:

1. Le'Veon Bell
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Todd Gurley

When all are healthy.

Yes I agree with you. Forgot about Bell.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1rf7xmex said:
Hasselbeck":1rf7xmex said:

Only his 2nd fumble on the year, and neither lost (which is just lucky I know). Still, pretty impressive for a rookie.

Yeah he was my draft crush in 2015.. I was hoping his knee would send him to the bottom of R1 but he recovered like a mad man. Thankfully Thomas Rawls looks pretty nasty as well, but Gurley is going to be an elite back if he can stay healthy. What he did in college was jaw dropping sometimes.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Gurley is looking to be just beyond. Especially considering the circumstances he has played in this year. Can't wait to see him next year. Boy has talent and smarts.

Rawls also looks awesome. Hawks are fortunate to have such a good RB looming after Lynch. That is some good RB fortune.