TNF: I thought Gurley was supposed to be awesome?

Rex

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2eyfwxfw said:
SeahawksFanForever":2eyfwxfw said:
I don't think Gurley was ever 100% or close to being 100% healthy this season.
Well that's a convienent and totally unprovable view. And damn stupid if the Rams allowed it. I mean seriously does anyone think they aren't in Los Angeles inside 2 years?

It is absolutely true. Gurley started at about 80-85%. I remember the interviews with him and Fisher. Hopefully someone can pull those up. He was definitely limited in the beginning....and really has remained so. When healthy he should be good for 25-30 carries or more a game. The Board of Aldermen vote is today. :th2thumbs:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3i7bdr5r said:
ClutchDJ":3i7bdr5r said:
Would you say this about Rawls, Johnson, & Hyde(This dude is already having injury problems early in his career, don't know why you would take him over anyone) if they had a bad game?

I would still take Gurley over anyone else in the league not named Adrian Peterson & Le'Veon Bell.
Maybe. But I do believe he is close to top 5 at worst. Maybe a healthy Lynch or Rawls are right on his level if maybe barely above.

I'd agree... difficult to determine where in the top 5 though, really... he was on another level for 4 games but has trailed off significantly the last 7 games.. I don't think that can be ignored or excused away any more than his 4 game run can be celebrated

kearly

Reaction score
If I could guarantee that Thomas Rawls stays healthy rest of career, I would take him over any young RB in the NFL going forward. I think, if healthy, he is the next Warrick Dunn. He has an elite ability to feel blocks and is already one of the best backs in the game at making tacklers look silly. He has home run speed too.

His only issue is that he plays so hard in such a small body that I think injuries could derail what is otherwise a very bright future.

As far as Gurley goes, he's basically the richest rich man's version of Darren McFadden or DeMarco Murray. More athlete than RB. But man, what an athlete. And unfortunately, uber-athletic RB types have given Seattle's run D issues in the past, so I am very interested to see how Gurley does against Seattle next week.

chris98251

Reaction score
Gurley is Steven Jackson 2.0, good back but watch him get bottled up against a good run defense.

NINEster

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":2108r8yr said:
Would you say this about Rawls, Johnson, & Hyde(This dude is already having injury problems early in his career, don't know why you would take him over anyone) if they had a bad game?

I would still take Gurley over anyone else in the league not named Adrian Peterson & Le'Veon Bell.

Any judgment on Hyde would be premature.

He's yet to have an NFL line outside of week 1.

Someone mentioned an interesting stat about that 168 yard game:

There weren't many very long runs to pad that number...26 carries.

A true workhorse of a game.

NINEster

Reaction score
kearly":3b46h2ok said:
If I could guarantee that Thomas Rawls stays healthy rest of career, I would take him over any young RB in the NFL going forward. I think, if healthy, he is the next Warrick Dunn. He has an elite ability to feel blocks and is already one of the best backs in the game at making tacklers look silly. He has home run speed too.

His only issue is that he plays so hard in such a small body that I think injuries could derail what is otherwise a very bright future.

As far as Gurley goes, he's basically the richest rich man's version of Darren McFadden or DeMarco Murray. More athlete than RB. But man, what an athlete. And unfortunately, uber-athletic RB types have given Seattle's run D issues in the past, so I am very interested to see how Gurley does against Seattle next week.

Rawls, an UFA over some 1st and 2nd round studs?

I think that Seattle OL is underrated in their run blocking (and pass blocking). To go from Lynch to Rawls without missing a beat is pretty telling.

chris98251

Reaction score
NINEster":2ocfg1kh said:
kearly":2ocfg1kh said:

Rawls, an UFA over some 1st and 2nd round studs?

I think that Seattle OL is underrated in their run blocking (and pass blocking). To go from Lynch to Rawls without missing a beat is pretty telling.

This is why the 49ers cannot have nice things, talent is where you find it, not a round, were very good at finding it. Walsh was very good at finding it out of projected talent. Baalke welllllllllll.

Using that argument we could say Franchise QB's can't be had unless they are a top pick, we kinda know about Wilson and Montana now, Rodgers almost fell out of the first. Brady yeah he was a 6th rounder, camp fodder.

ringless

Reaction score
I would take Gurley over any RB in the division. Lynch is done. He is old, and has been struggling with injuries weekly since last year.

Rawls is an unknown. There have been some huge holes opened for him. He didn't play much in college because they didn't consider him that good. He might be, but there just isn't enough information yet.

Gurley is a proven in college. He is young, and he likely wasn't 100%, but even if he was he did very well behind a very bad o-line.

David Johnson will likely be the 2nd best back in the division moving forward. But the gap between him and Gurley is likely to be significant.

Rex

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":m3k5dnh2 said:
hawksfansinceday1":m3k5dnh2 said:
chris98251":m3k5dnh2 said:
Gurley is Steven Jackson 2.0, good back but watch him get bottled up against a good run defense.
I'm calling it now, Hawks hold him under 80 a week from Sunday.

Naw, under 50....

I don't know. Rams O line does not open many holes for him....but when he gets past the D line he is difficult to bring down because of strength and elusiveness. He can easily break a long run against most any defense....and with Boras mixing up the plays better and Keenum getting more confident throwing to the middle of the field, Gurley could well break a few big runs. Should be a good Rams win.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Rex":31en8qnz said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":31en8qnz said:
hawksfansinceday1":31en8qnz said:
chris98251":31en8qnz said:
I'm calling it now, Hawks hold him under 80 a week from Sunday.

Naw, under 50....

I don't know. Rams O line does not open many holes for him....but when he gets past the D line he is difficult to bring down because of strength and elusiveness. He can easily break a long run against most any defense....and with Boras mixing up the plays better and Keenum getting more confident throwing to the middle of the field, Gurley could well break a few big runs. Should be a good Rams win.

Get over yourself! We held Adrian Peterson to 18 freakin' yards, when they had essentially no passing game, in MINNESOTA. If you really think that guy is gonna run all over us, you haven't been watching our defense this year. 50ish yards tops, BANK IT! :ramssmall-2:

Though I will not be surprised if it is in a few big runs and stuffed on many others. Russ gonna have you so far behind you will have to rely on passing trying to play catch up.

:ramssmall-2: :ramssmall-2: :ramssmall-2: :ramssmall-2: :ramssmall-2: :ramssmall-2: :ramssmall-2:

Rex

Reaction score
SeAhAwKeR4life":96m6lpf5 said:
Get over yourself! We held Adrian Peterson to 18 freakin' yards, when they had essentially no passing game, in MINNESOTA. If you really think that guy is gonna run all over us, you haven't been watching our defense this year. 50ish yards tops, BANK IT! :ramssmall-2:

Though I will not be surprised if it is in a few big runs and stuffed on many others. Russ gonna have you so far behind you will have to rely on passing trying to play catch up.

:ramssmall-2: :ramssmall-2: :ramssmall-2: :ramssmall-2: :ramssmall-2: :ramssmall-2: :ramssmall-2: :ramssmall :ramssmall-2:-2:

We'll see. ;)

OP
OP
b8rtm8nn

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Rex":3qh4wpp2 said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":3qh4wpp2 said:
Get over yourself! We held Adrian Peterson to 18 freakin' yards, when they had essentially no passing game, in MINNESOTA. If you really think that guy is gonna run all over us, you haven't been watching our defense this year. 50ish yards tops, BANK IT!

We'll see. ;)

I'll take the over. Are we betting avatars?

Threedee

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":1r9tveoj said:

I wouldn't take Bell because he smokes too much pot and can't finish a season. Hyde will be interesting to see if he can have a healthy season starting next year.

Rex

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":21mqkemc said:
Rex":21mqkemc said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":21mqkemc said:
Get over yourself! We held Adrian Peterson to 18 freakin' yards, when they had essentially no passing game, in MINNESOTA. If you really think that guy is gonna run all over us, you haven't been watching our defense this year. 50ish yards tops, BANK IT!

We'll see. ;)

Don't press your luck.....your desert dirty birdies were lucky enough to face the Rams without a functioning QB and Quinn on IR. Only so much luck you can expect in a season! :pukeface:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
ringless":3trgeeeu said:
I would take Gurley over any RB in the division. Lynch is done. He is old, and has been struggling with injuries weekly since last year.

Rawls is an unknown. There have been some huge holes opened for him. He didn't play much in college because they didn't consider him that good. He might be, but there just isn't enough information yet.

Gurley is a proven in college. He is young, and he likely wasn't 100%, but even if he was he did very well behind a very bad o-line.

David Johnson will likely be the 2nd best back in the division moving forward. But the gap between him and Gurley is likely to be significant.
Disagree. We'll see over the next couple of years how it shakes out but I like Rawls every bit as much as Gurley and more than Johnson. I think he has elite vision and very, very good quickness and cutting ability. Reminds me if a tough Shawn Alexander.

OP
OP
b8rtm8nn

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Rex":2vzrc2az said:
b8rtm8nn":2vzrc2az said:
Rex":2vzrc2az said:
SeAhAwKeR4life":2vzrc2az said:

We'll see. ;)

Don't press your luck.....your desert dirty birdies were lucky enough to face the Rams without a functioning QB and Quinn on IR. Only so much luck you can expect in a season! :pukeface:

The bet would be with SeAhAwKeR4life, meaning Gurley would break 50 yards rushing. If he doesn't, SeAhAwKeR4life chooses the avatar of choice for me ( and vice versa ). You can take that bet with me if you want though :)

And it isn't my fault you guys ruined Foles, he wasn't nearly this bad when you got him...