OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1gpgrawf said:
kidhawk":1gpgrawf said:
HawkRiderFan":1gpgrawf said:
Due to the loss to the Saints we need a 3 way tie don’t we. So assuming the Saints win tomorrow we may need the Packers to win Monday night depending on how Sunday goes.

That’s best for the conference but Minnesota wining helps our SOV if we end the season tied for the division.

There are so many scenarios right now it just really depends on what you think we will do. If we win out not much else matters as we get a bye be it a 1 or 2 seed

Thanks. I’m glad that game is Monday night so we will know all the other results.

There are no Monday night games week 17. After next weeks games they will announce the SNF game and I’m currently assuming it’s us. That’s not guaranteed

chris98251

Reaction score
kidhawk":jjuq2ode said:
HawkRiderFan":jjuq2ode said:
kidhawk":jjuq2ode said:
HawkRiderFan":jjuq2ode said:
Due to the loss to the Saints we need a 3 way tie don’t we. So assuming the Saints win tomorrow we may need the Packers to win Monday night depending on how Sunday goes.

That’s best for the conference but Minnesota wining helps our SOV if we end the season tied for the division.

There are so many scenarios right now it just really depends on what you think we will do. If we win out not much else matters as we get a bye be it a 1 or 2 seed

Thanks. I’m glad that game is Monday night so we will know all the other results.

There are no Monday night games week 17. After next weeks games they will announce the SNF game and I’m currently assuming it’s us. That’s not guaranteed

Would make a lot of sense, the NFC is dependent on what our game outcome does for seedings, so national audience where everyone is watching for their teams as well to know what their team is going to have to do and who they will play.

Then you have the match up interest itself.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
The NFL might as well just flex that Week 17 game. No matter what happens that game is important unless the Seahawks get a decent stroke of Luck with tiebreakers

knownone

Reaction score
We pretty much need the Vikings to beat the Packers to have any realistic shot at winning the strength of victory tiebreaker (assuming it comes down to that). If that happens, then a some what likely scenario involving the Redskins losing both games would give Seattle about a 40% chance of winning the tiebreaker. We should know by next week if the tiebreaker is even possible because a Saints win tomorrow gives the Niners a 3 win cushion, so any scenario where the cushion is larger than 3 wins going into week 17 is terminal to our chances.

So yeah, week 17 is mostly likely going to be the division/bye.

sutz

Reaction score
Scorpion05":ia0qbi5q said:
The NFL might as well just flex that Week 17 game. No matter what happens that game is important unless the Seahawks get a decent stroke of Luck with tiebreakers
I think they get a shorter time limit on flexing that game, right? Normally they would have to announce it by Tuesday I think, but they may get until next weekend.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
sutz":fa0o2qdd said:
Scorpion05":fa0o2qdd said:
I think they get a shorter time limit on flexing that game, right? Normally they would have to announce it by Tuesday I think, but they may get until next weekend.

You are correct. They have until 6 days prior so they will know which matchups should be most important. Our game will likely have both division and seeding implications.

Polaris

Reaction score
sutz":228v7epa said:
Scorpion05":228v7epa said:

You're right. The week 17 game can be flexed nearly at the last minute because of the ever shifting playoff picture. That said, I can't imagine our week 17 game won't be flexed to SNF given the importance in the NFC.