Tickets to this weekends game

Faust

Reaction score
I am planning on taking my 13 year-old son to the Falcons game this weekend. The last game we went to was the last 49er game of the Holmgren era. I am hoping to get some advice from you all for this trip!

I am planning to buy tickets from the NFL Ticket Exchange web site. I wanted to check and make sure this is a safe place to buy tickets and see if anyone would recommend a better option. I've noticed prices have dropped since last weekend on NFLTE so I'm going to buy in the next day or so.

We sat in Section 120 for the 9er game. Prices are way way more than they used to be, so I'm probably going to get tickets in section 309 way in the back or in 149, which I think is the hawks nest. Is one better than the other?

I want to bring him by the stadium early and enjoy some of the pregame activities around the stadium? Any recommendations would be great. He's not old enough to go into the bars so is there a family friendly place where I can get a local beer. I'm from Spokane so I want to try some of the local breweries while I'm in Seattle.
Thanks everyone, I look forward to your feedback and go Hawks!

OP
OP
F

Faust

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2204lw9b said:
Do you post on FBG?

Touchdown City in the exhibition center can be fun, obstacles/activity for the kids, beer and morning games for the adults.
I'm not sure what FBG is.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
NFL TE will be your most expensive option. It is absolutely the safest. It is almost certainly more safe than necessary, especially for a non-playoff game like this.

When you buy a ticket from NFL TE, they immediately invalidate the existing ticket and issue you a new ticket bar code. You are the only person with access to the new barcode. You pay dearly for this level of security.

If you go with a site like StubHub or RazorGator, you will save money in commission. The seller will still have the ticket barcode after giving you the number. It is theoretically possible that a seller could sell the same ticket to multiple customers. In reality this never happens as the seller would lose any future ability to sell tickets on that site. StubHub, RazorGator etc guarantee a ticket of equal or better value if you get to the stadium and find you have been defrauded.

I go through NFL TE when I want a specific seat at a highly sought after game (front row at the NFC championship games in a specific section for example). If you aren't this picky, there is no reason to go through NFL TE.

Even if you are that picky, NFL TE is probably overkill.

Prices tend to drop right up to game time. If you are traveling from a long way and want specific seats, it is probably good to get them now. If you just want good seats, but don't need a specific section, you can probably save some money by waiting a few more days.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Good stuff from bigskydoc...

I bought my pair of tickets to last weekend's Jets game on NFL TE. I paid a premium for my seats but like doc says, it's rock solid.

Touchdown City is the family-friendly tailgating experience. Just a few hundred feet south of the stadium and it's free to get in. All kinds of activities for your kid to enjoy. Interactive games, face painting, etc...

I'm sure you will find something palpable...Enjoy the game!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Oddly enough, as of right now, Monday night, Oct 10th at 11:11 PM Eastern, the deals on NFL TE are essentially identical.

There are 2 tickets in Section 335 Row L for $255 each. Fees on TE are $56.10 per ticket for a total of $311.10 per, about $1.10 more than same section and row on Seat Geek.

There are some slightly cheaper tickets, but these are the ones I would chose if I was looking for the best cheap(er) seats in the house. The ones that are cheaper than this are not cheaper enough for the compromise in the view, IMHO.

There is a reasonably good chance that these will drop a bit by game time, but nothing is guaranteed.

OP
OP
F

Faust

Reaction score
Thanks for the info everyone! I didn't appreciate the fees. OMG its highway robbery. Still going but it looks like we will be eating ramen for the rest of the year.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
A word about the NFL TE and why I use them as a seller, ( I am a Season Ticket Holder).

As a season ticket holder, you are responsible for the actions of someone who sits in your seats, regardless if you are there or not.

Why is this a big deal you ask?

Because if the people sitting in your seats become enough of a problem for Stadium Ushers and/or Security, you as a STH risk losing the rights to your seats if there are three issues in a given amount of time, five years I believe.

If you are involved and the issue is bad enough it can be a one and done deal.

I got one of those letters several years ago from the Hawks from a game that I sold some tickets on Stub Hub and the people that bought them were from out of town and were not happy losers and caused multiple problems before being physically ejected from the stadium.

The ONLY way to avoid this issue is to use the NFL TE as the NFL takes responsibility for the seats once the tickets are sold and no one else has the ability to do this.

The last time I checked out the door prices between all of the legit re-seller services they were very close to each other.

The poster prior that said you were paying way more with the NFL TE has not been my experience.

Just my two cents.

GO HAWKS!!!

bigskydoc

Reaction score
As a buyer, none of that matters to me, of course. I just want the best deal from a reputable company.

Typically I find tickets from TE to be $50 to $200 more expensive, although I, admittedly, am usually looking in more expensive sections.

OlyHawkFan

Reaction score
As a season ticket holder, I totally agree. I don't like to risk my tickets. As a seller the commissions each site charges are basically the same, the price is really determined by the seller, not the site. Comb all sites and judge accordingly.

When selling online I only use Ticketmaster. I have sold a few games on this site to a few members. Last year to Doc and his son. This year to theENGLISHseahawk.

12HawkFan":3cl69ss7 said:
A word about the NFL TE and why I use them as a seller, ( I am a Season Ticket Holder).

As a season ticket holder, you are responsible for the actions of someone who sits in your seats, regardless if you are there or not.

Because if the people sitting in your seats become enough of a problem for Stadium Ushers and/or Security, you as a STH risk losing the rights to your seats if there are three issues in a given amount of time, five years I believe.

I got one of those letters several years ago from the Hawks from a game that I sold some tickets on Stub Hub and the people that bought them were from out of town and were not happy losers and caused multiple problems before being physically ejected from the stadium.

The ONLY way to avoid this issue is to use the NFL TE as the NFL takes responsibility for the seats once the tickets are sold and no one else has the ability to do this.

The last time I checked out the door prices between all of the legit re-seller services they were very close to each other.

The poster prior that said you were paying way more with the NFL TE has not been my experience.

Just my two cents.

GO HAWKS!!!

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I have used StubHub for years. If you do, opt for the non "general admission" seat as they sometimes fail to exist.,

If quote="12HawkFan"]A word about the NFL TE and why I use them as a seller, ( I am a Season Ticket Holder).

Just my two cents.

GO HAWKS!!![/quote]

seabowl

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1mpvwwb0 said:
Oddly enough, as of right now, Monday night, Oct 10th at 11:11 PM Eastern, the deals on NFL TE are essentially identical.

There are 2 tickets in Section 335 Row L for $255 each. Fees on TE are $56.10 per ticket for a total of $311.10 per, about $1.10 more than same section and row on Seat Geek.

There are some slightly cheaper tickets, but these are the ones I would chose if I was looking for the best cheap(er) seats in the house. The ones that are cheaper than this are not cheaper enough for the compromise in the view, IMHO.

There is a reasonably good chance that these will drop a bit by game time, but nothing is guaranteed.

Last game in Sea I went to was the 2006 NFCCG and paid $225 for 20 yard line 20th row seats. Holy crap I can't believe how much ticks are now. Really sucks.

OP
OP
F

Faust

Reaction score
I wanted to thank everyone for their feedback and this board in general. I ended up getting tickets from the NFL ticket Exchange. The price dropped last week from 200 to 160 for tickets in section 311 row L. For that price I had to go with those seats.

My son was so excited we went strait to our seats as soon as the stadium opened. We skipped all the pregame hoopla and just soaked up being in the stadium. It was fun to watch the teams go through their pre-game preparation, something we never see on TV.

It's been so long since we went to a game I forgot how the crowd noise adds a significant intensity to the game experience. I was nearly in tears after the introductions.

Everytime the defense was on the field we screamed our heads off! At halftime we were so geeked out and the experience was amazing up to that point. Then the third quarter hit and it felt like the air had been sucked out of the stadium. My son was very disappointed. I started to talk to my son to remind him that even with a loss we had a great time. The fourth quarter was amazing and ended in a very climactic fashion. Almost everyone in our section was screaming those last four plays, wtf is up with people sitting quietly, smh. I have never experienced something that loud. It was amazing and I think it had a huge impact on the Falcons.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, we had a great time! I think you guys that go to games on a regular basis are pretty lucky. Go hawks!