Thurmond: Welker hit uncalled for

drdiags

Reaction score
Kixkahn":3uqsh5mh said:
You guys forgot Tate was fined for his hit on Lee and it didn't look much if any different. Welker's hits from Kam left him blinky blinky.

Browner was the guy who clobbered Welker the worse last year. I think Kam got a glancing hit oh him but not the de-cleater Browner made. (If I remember correctly).

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":36servvz said:
If one of the LOB goes down in similar fashion, we take two of theirs. Manning will not be exempt from that list, watch all the videos you want to remind yourself how hard you can hit Welker. This ain't the Pats with one standout DB. Try that foolishness and watch their coveted WR corps start dropping like flies in a raid factory. Much respect to your high flying offense but remember who your dealing with.

The gloves will come off if they pull that crap on our D. They'll be dragging Broncos out on stretchers. And I'm dead serious about that.

Jville

Reaction score
I find the pick rule and the leagues inability to explain and enforce it consistently thru out the year .... frustrating.

I'm ok with man coverage on the outside. But with all the uncertainty surrounding the pick rule and traffic inside, I prefer zone coverage and as much zone coverage hand offs as possible. It's just safer when rule enforcement is uncertain and questionable.

chawx

Reaction score
There are two things this team needs to do in response to all the illegal pick plays that Denver runs.

1) The same thing everyone else is talking about. HIT EM BACK AND HIT EM HARD! LOB is not going to be blindsided by all this, they'll know it's coming and they'll see it coming. The first time it happens, I legitimately feel like whoever it is getting picked will size up and DESTROY whoever is attempting the pick. Whether it's clean or not, they'll send that message and they'll send it HARD.

2) Bevell needs to put in 2 or 3 pick plays of his own with Kearse / Baldwin to free up Tate / Percy. This will put it on the refs to see how they want to handle it. Do they call it fair both ways, or do they honestly want to run the risk of not looking like they're calling it fair (on the biggest stage in football, in front of 100s of millions of people? Yes, we ALL know that they've done this before.. *cough* XL* ahem *cough*) ?

But I would test it once or twice if I was Bevell and see what the refs do. If they call it on us, so be it, if not, we clear up Percy or Tate to go for MONSTER yards!

Should be fun to see how this plays out...

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
253hawk":2lzopz8b said:
Doesn't look legal to me. The ball isn't even in the process of being caught yet and Welker is already contacting Talib's body. I almost hope the Hawks let him get a quick slot stirke early and sneak Kam up to lay the hammer on his ass.

La sp sn welker hit on talib 20140121

Interesting. So, two questions. Presuming what Welker's doing here is actually illegal but that they're letting "pick" plays go, what's the call? OPI?

And I wonder if the Hawks (or any team) actually do things like you suggest. Would they intentionally allow a completion to set up a punishing hit? Is that a reasonable strategy?

Kixkahn

Reaction score
drdiags":36rzh4xz said:
Kixkahn":36rzh4xz said:
You guys forgot Tate was fined for his hit on Lee and it didn't look much if any different. Welker's hits from Kam left him blinky blinky.

Browner was the guy who clobbered Welker the worse last year. I think Kam got a glancing hit oh him but not the de-cleater Browner made. (If I remember correctly).
I think your right it was Browner I would need to watch game again.

hawksman53

Reaction score
It was a pick though and it shouldn't be allowed period. he hit Talib well before the ball got to Thomas!