This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The San Francisco 49ers

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":269mq8i5 said:
I think you are downplaying a niners loss and overplaying a Seattle loss (ain't going to happen) to protect your and your fan bases ego. Every niner loss is a step closer to the Harbomb going off and causing unfixible damage, and deep down I think SF fans know this though they'll never admit it.

You're just simply off-base here. Completely sincerely, there are two things that will cause big concern among 9ers fans:

1) Losing in a blowout again tomorrow.
2) If the 9ers lose tomorrow, losing again at home against the Hawks later this season.

That's it. The Hawks have really captured the hearts and minds of the city. The fans are trying to win a noise record. The team is supposed to be invincible at home. Blowing out the 9ers at home last year was really the Hawks coming out party in the national media. The pressure is on the Hawks to do what everyone is predicting they'll do. As long as the 9ers don't get blown out, things will have gone as expected. Assuming the 9ers do lose tomorrow, the pressure will of course be on the 9ers later this season when they're at home playing the Hawks.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3fgax9wc said:
KCHawkGirl":3fgax9wc said:
Of course Wilson is elite, the only difference is that the media is on Kaepernick's jock even though objectively Wilson is exactly as good and subjectively better, quite possibly far better by multiple metrics.

FWIW across all starts in the commonly used "objective" metrics (QB Rating and QBR) Kaep has performed better than Wilson, although Wilson sometimes appears ahead of Kaep in some of the subjective evaluations (e.g. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/96582 ... come-great ).

Not trying to argue that Kaep is better than Wilson of course -- I like both of them quite a lot, and am satisfied saying they're both hugely exciting young QBs -- but "blaming" the media for people being positive about Kaep and saying that Wilson is objectively better seems misguided to me on the former point, and just isn't accurate on the later.*

*(Worth saying that I know folks like to ignore Wilson's performance through the first 10 games because the offense hadn't been "opened up" for him, but in this comparison I think this is misguided, given that Kaep is only 11 games in himself; and no, not saying we should compare first 10 games agaisnt first 10 games, again, I think they've both been HUGELY exciting QBs so far, and fans of each team have no shortage of things to be excited about).

As a Niner fan, it would be interesting to see if Harbaugh was "holding Back" Kap last year. We haven't seen the read option used that much since our divisional game last year against GB. I expect that Kap has an even better grasp of the offense now, and obviously better chemistry with his weapons.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1qarrsbx said:
Sports Hernia":1qarrsbx said:
I think you are downplaying a niners loss and overplaying a Seattle loss (ain't going to happen) to protect your and your fan bases ego. Every niner loss is a step closer to the Harbomb going off and causing unfixible damage, and deep down I think SF fans know this though they'll never admit it.

You're just simply off-base here. Completely sincerely, there are two things that will cause big concern among 9ers fans:

2) If the 9ers lose tomorrow, losing again at home against the Hawks later this season.

That's it. The Hawks have really captured the hearts and minds of the city. The fans are trying to win a noise record. The team is supposed to be invincible at home. Blowing out the 9ers at home last year was really the Hawks coming out party in the national media. The pressure is on the Hawks to do what everyone is predicting they'll do. As long as the 9ers don't get blown out, things will have gone as expected. Assuming the 9ers do lose tomorrow, the pressure will of course be on the 9ers later this season when they're at home playing the Hawks.

Exactly

I didn't realize it would have to be spelled out for some of them like this.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
NinerLifer":c5cx5o4e said:
As a Niner fan, it would be interesting to see if Harbaugh was "holding Back" Kap last year. We haven't seen the read option used that much since our divisional game last year against GB. I expect that Kap has an even better grasp of the offense now, and obviously better chemistry with his weapons.

Yeah, I mean, we do have the evidence of actual play calling and the acknowledgement from Roman that the 9ers made a point to stay away from the read/option the last month of the season to save it for the Packers game.

As for the read/option though, I don't think the 9ers are supressing it, as all the teams that were running it last year (Hawks, 9ers, Panthers, Redskins) really seemed to have moved away from it in week 1. The Eagles leaning on it was really the lone exception in the league.

Re: Kaep, I don't think the sample size was big enough to know what will happen. Was he simply "hot" over a shortened season of starting and will regress, or was that really who he was and he will even improve with more starts under his belt? The game against the Packers was promising with regards to the later read, but I think it stil remains to be seen.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3q80nffa said:
Weadoption":3q80nffa said:
Feeling good about this game and the Niners in general, because we have a legit multi threat quarterback behind a money O line.
last time it was like this good golden stuff went down eventually.
History repeats blah blah yada yada.
I bet you said the same thing last December when your team got embarrassed on national TV and lost by 29 points! Neeeeexxtttt!

It is the same thing every year. Regardless of roster or situation. It is no different than all those years of total suckage. They start with about how they are going to win the division, then how they are going to smash the Hawks and after 8 years they finally do it so they claim they were right all along.

Niners are coming in with essentially the same dynamics that they did last year, but THIS time will be a lot different. This much I know, if the Niners would have crushed the Hawks in SF by 29 points and had the same core, I wouldn't be too confident in getting the win going back there. Im not saying it couldn't happen, but I would be very apprehensive about it. Not all Niner fans are making that claim, but no group takes on the image of its exceptions.

I have even read the predictions of a Niner loss that get followed up by another post that states. "But how are they going to stop the Niners from xxxxx?"

Well the Hawks have never been blown out by a Harbafreak coached Niner unit, regardless of venue, the Niner fans certainly can't make that claim. That should be a barometer of some relevance. Until I see CK getting by his pre snap communication problems in his own stadium, I am pretty sure they aren't going to be much better in the Clink.

It is setup to be a great game, the loser can take solace in knowing it is only week 2 of a long season and that there will be another chance, but the Hawks clearly have an advantage on Sunday in any case.

themunn

Reaction score
Popeyejones":ytpc3qyb said:
KCHawkGirl":ytpc3qyb said:
Of course Wilson is elite, the only difference is that the media is on Kaepernick's jock even though objectively Wilson is exactly as good and subjectively better, quite possibly far better by multiple metrics.

FWIW across all starts in the commonly used "objective" metrics (QB Rating and QBR) Kaep has performed better than Wilson, although Wilson sometimes appears ahead of Kaep in some of the subjective evaluations (e.g. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/96582 ... come-great ).

Not trying to argue that Kaep is better than Wilson of course -- I like both of them quite a lot, and am satisfied saying they're both hugely exciting young QBs -- but "blaming" the media for people being positive about Kaep and saying that Wilson is objectively better seems misguided to me on the former point, and just isn't accurate on the later.*

*(Worth saying that I know folks like to ignore Wilson's performance through the first 10 games because the offense hadn't been "opened up" for him, but in this comparison I think this is misguided, given that Kaep is only 11 games in himself; and no, not saying we should compare first 10 games agaisnt first 10 games, again, I think they've both been HUGELY exciting QBs so far, and fans of each team have no shortage of things to be excited about).

The key is "across all starts".
Wilson came in and was serviceable but not great for about 6-8 games (aside from a few standouts), but has improved dramatically over the year. Kaepernick came in and performed from the start, much like RGIII, Andrew Luck and Cam Newton did. Each of them have improved since coming in, but not to the extent that Wilson has:
20 passing TDs and 3 INTs over his last 11 games - which seems like an arbitrary number, but I simply picked the point where he started posting 100+ passer ratings consistently (and coincidently, exactly the number of starts Kaepernick has)
He's posted 100+ 9 times in that span, with 1 of the other 2 the Arizona game where he was benched 45-0 up after 13 attempts, and the other the game against the Redskins where he finished with a "lowly" 92.3 rating).

Kaepernick has flashed brilliance, but comparatively, hasn't yet reached the consistent brilliance that Wilson has put out over the last 11 games.
I'm not saying it's not possible, but he's posted less than 60% completion in 5 of his last 7 games, that's only 1 less than Wilson has in his short NFL career already - and 4 of those were in that 7 game spell where (as I mentioned already), he was "serviceable".

And once again, don't get me wrong - I understand that on average over his career, Kaepernick has been better than Wilson has over his career - but it's not about averages, it's about here and now, and that's why nobody cares about the fact that Peyton Manning threw more interceptions than TDs in his rookie year, because he's throwing 30 TDs a season now

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Not arguing with what you're saying, but the points your making are precisely why I included the brackets at the bottom of my post, and precisely what I'm addressing.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
themunn":shjjekpp said:
20 passing TDs and 3 INTs over his last 11 games - which seems like an arbitrary number, but I simply picked the point where he started posting 100+ passer ratings consistently (and coincidently, exactly the number of starts Kaepernick has)
He's posted 100+ 9 times in that span, with 1 of the other 2 the Arizona game where he was benched 45-0 up after 13 attempts, and the other the game against the Redskins where he finished with a "lowly" 92.3 rating).

Kaepernick has flashed brilliance, but comparatively, hasn't yet reached the consistent brilliance that Wilson has put out over the last 11 games.
I'm not saying it's not possible, but he's posted less than 60% completion in 5 of his last 7 games, that's only 1 less than Wilson has in his short NFL career already - and 4 of those were in that 7 game spell where (as I mentioned already), he was "serviceable".

And once again, don't get me wrong - I understand that on average over his career, Kaepernick has been better than Wilson has over his career - but it's not about averages, it's about here and now, and that's why nobody cares about the fact that Peyton Manning threw more interceptions than TDs in his rookie year, because he's throwing 30 TDs a season now
In Kaep's 11 starts as a starter (including the playoffs) Kap has thrown 17 TDs and 5 Ints (he's also rushed for 5 TDs). He did this while being the defacto #2 QB entering the season and without seeing practice time with the 1st unit. Following the Rams game when Kap took over for the concussed Smith, that was the first time the 49ers gameplanned with Kap as the QB. Nevertheless, he has posted 17 TDs and 5 Ints since that fateful week. He didn't have 6 games to progress and get better. He was thrown into the fire and had to learn this new offense catered to him by Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman-- who had to create it on a whim. Kaepernick has been consistently brilliant.

First of all, when has posting above 60% completion percentage been a "benchmark." Kaepernick throws the ball down the field more than most QBs in the league. Definitely more than Wilson. You can't judge the guy for throwing below 60%, especially since he won 5 of those 7 games. Regardless, you said it yourself, "it's about here an now." Well, if you ignore the 1st 6 starts of Kap's career, and only focused on his last 5 (like you did for RW but refuse to with Kap "because Kap played well right away"-- like that makes any sense), and if you consider the tough competition the 49ers has those 5 games, Kap has completed 63% of his passes, 9 TDs 2 Ints for 1,486 yards (that's 297.2 yards per gam)... Oh yeah, RW is definitely more consistent. Please

Bakergirl

Reaction score
While this thread is entertaining...there is only one thing I'm looking forward to and that's some good old fashioned smash mouth football come tomorrow. I hope the 49ers bring their A game. They are going to need it. The C-Link is going to be fired up! This will not be an easy battle. Here's to a good clean injury free football game, may the best team win. :229031_cheers: :49ersmall:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Bakergirl":3cd6kk41 said:
While this thread is entertaining...there is only one thing I'm looking forward to and that's some good old fashioned smash mouth football come tomorrow. I hope the 49ers bring their A game. They are going to need it. The C-Link is going to be fired up! This will not be an easy battle. Here's to a good clean injury free football game, may the best team win. :229031_cheers: :49ersmall:

Good post. Hope the niners being their a game tomorrow, and definitely think they're going to need it too.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2dpoq2hz said:
Sports Hernia":2dpoq2hz said:

Nope, guess again, a large majority of the ninnies trolls are exactly as I described, like it or not!

AO2

Reaction score
Die hard Hawk fan here... SF is the best team in the NFL imo... Their OL is ELITE... Our DL is below average right now... I think SF wins this game 31-17

... what's up, Popeyejones...

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
AO2":3s3xe37u said:
Die hard Hawk fan here... SF is the best team in the NFL imo... Their OL is ELITE... Our DL is below average right now... I think SF wins this game 31-17

Will you still feel that way if we blow them out tomorrow? I doubt your allegiance to Seattle and thinks me see a 9ers troll in disguise... If not, did you lose your rose-colored glasses? What's wrong with you? ;)

NinerLifer

Reaction score
Bakergirl":1b8igycd said:

This 100%

While I don't expect a Niner win tomorrow, I will be extremely happy with no injuries.

Unfortunately due to the physicality of both our teams, I think that one maybe even both of our teams is gonna be busted up afterwards.

AO2

Reaction score
BlueThunder":25195l5g said:
AO2":25195l5g said:

Will you still feel that way if we blow them out tomorrow? I doubt your allegiance to Seattle and thinks me see a 9ers troll in disguise... If not, did you lose your rose-colored glasses? What's wrong with you? ;)

Well you obviously have those rose colored glasses on... I'm realistic, the Hawks are overrated right now... They're DL and defense isn't as good as it can be 'YET'... Too many injuries on that DL that doesn't allow our strength in the secondary to take advantage with a solid DL.... The Niners are that damn good... Best team in the league... Doesn't mean that I don't like my Hawks... lmao... I just don't think they're as good as the 9er's right now... Plus, the Niners have a chip on their shoulder imo - they won't allow the Hawks to beat them to a pulp like they did last season... Stop being a homer...

... and Red Bryant sux...

Johnny

Reaction score
AO2":a4hw57ec said:
BlueThunder":a4hw57ec said:
AO2":a4hw57ec said:

Well you obviously have those rose colored glasses on... I'm realistic, the Hawks are overrated right now... They're DL and defense isn't as good as it can be 'YET'... Too many injuries on that DL that doesn't allow our strength in the secondary to take advantage with a solid DL.... The Niners are that damn good... Best team in the league... Doesn't mean that I don't like my Hawks... lmao... I just don't think they're as good as the 9er's right now... Plus, the Niners have a chip on their shoulder imo - they won't allow the Hawks to beat them to a pulp like they did last season... Stop being a homer...

I just found a Pic of 'AO2' online....

douchebags_5.jpg

Now, I know you're a 49ers fan.... :D

Giedi

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2n8v7bh1 said:
Sports Hernia":2n8v7bh1 said:
Weadoption":2n8v7bh1 said:
Feeling good about this game and the Niners in general, because we have a legit multi threat quarterback behind a money O line.
last time it was like this good golden stuff went down eventually.
History repeats blah blah yada yada.
I bet you said the same thing last December when your team got embarrassed on national TV and lost by 29 points! Neeeeexxtttt!

It is the same thing every year. Regardless of roster or situation. It is no different than all those years of total suckage. They start with about how they are going to win the division, then how they are going to smash the Hawks and after 8 years they finally do it so they claim they were right all along.

Niners are coming in with essentially the same dynamics that they did last year, but THIS time will be a lot different. This much I know, if the Niners would have crushed the Hawks in SF by 29 points and had the same core, I wouldn't be too confident in getting the win going back there. Im not saying it couldn't happen, but I would be very apprehensive about it. Not all Niner fans are making that claim, but no group takes on the image of its exceptions.

I have even read the predictions of a Niner loss that get followed up by another post that states. "But how are they going to stop the Niners from xxxxx?"

Well the Hawks have never been blown out by a Harbafreak coached Niner unit, regardless of venue, the Niner fans certainly can't make that claim. That should be a barometer of some relevance. Until I see CK getting by his pre snap communication problems in his own stadium, I am pretty sure they aren't going to be much better in the Clink.

It is setup to be a great game, the loser can take solace in knowing it is only week 2 of a long season and that there will be another chance, but the Hawks clearly have an advantage on Sunday in any case.

I don't think the dynamics have changed. Pete is still Pete and Harbaugh is still Harbaugh. No matter which way you cut it - the past says 3-1. The 49er dark years are two years behind the franchise. That's practically half the average of a typical NFL football player's career. Yes Seattle took it to the 49ers and won in a game at the the *home* of Seattle and the 49ers also held serve - in the beginning of the year - the 49ers won the game at Candleswamp park. Keep in mind an unranked Harbaugh college team beat a nationally ranked Pete team at the lower NCAA level. I bring up the point, not to belabor the bad blood between the two, but rather the fact that Pete is beatable when it looks like the odds are all in his favor. I feel the atmosphere here almost similar to a playoff atmosphere and we all know Pete's playoff record is below .500 in the playoffs. So overall, I haven't seen much overall dynamic changes in the Seattle vs. the 49er situation.

AO2

Reaction score
Johnny":3tfjgz2w said:
AO2":3tfjgz2w said:
BlueThunder":3tfjgz2w said:
AO2":3tfjgz2w said:

I just found a Pic of 'AO2' online....

douchebags_5.jpg

Now, I know you're a 49ers fan.... :D

Just proves that you're fools gold... I can talk Hawk football with the best of them... You wouldn't stand a chance... Too many Hawk fans these days think w/ their heart...

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
If you guys are going to just insult each other, then you'll be given a break.

AO2

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1um5t5l6 said:
If you guys are going to just insult each other, then you'll be given a break.

Already? A Hawk fan can't disagree with a Hawk fan? Wish KFFL was up and running... If i'm given a break it will be the first and last time I ever come here... Thin skinned crowd here...

Latest posts