This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The San Francisco 49ers

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
AO2":3b1a1b3m said:
AbsolutNET":3b1a1b3m said:
If you guys are going to just insult each other, then you'll be given a break.

Already? A Hawk fan can't disagree with a Hawk fan? Wish KFFL was up and running... If i'm given a break it will be the first and last time I ever come here... Thin skinned crowd here...

Yes, that's exactly what I said - you're not allowed to disagree here...

I gave a blanket warning to everyone involved to stop going at each other and just talk football.

AO2

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2ubtx8o1 said:
AO2":2ubtx8o1 said:
AbsolutNET":2ubtx8o1 said:

Already? A Hawk fan can't disagree with a Hawk fan? Wish KFFL was up and running... If i'm given a break it will be the first and last time I ever come here... Thin skinned crowd here...

I gave a blanket warning to everyone involved to stop going at each other and just talk football.

Bye... Gotta love liberals...

themunn

Reaction score
Popeyejones":fw0s51br said:
Not arguing with what you're saying, but the points your making are precisely why I included the brackets at the bottom of my post, and precisely what I'm addressing.

I think I completely missed that when I was reading the post :oops:

SoHo9erFan":fw0s51br said:
themunn":fw0s51br said:
20 passing TDs and 3 INTs over his last 11 games - which seems like an arbitrary number, but I simply picked the point where he started posting 100+ passer ratings consistently (and coincidently, exactly the number of starts Kaepernick has)
He's posted 100+ 9 times in that span, with 1 of the other 2 the Arizona game where he was benched 45-0 up after 13 attempts, and the other the game against the Redskins where he finished with a "lowly" 92.3 rating).

Kaepernick has flashed brilliance, but comparatively, hasn't yet reached the consistent brilliance that Wilson has put out over the last 11 games.
I'm not saying it's not possible, but he's posted less than 60% completion in 5 of his last 7 games, that's only 1 less than Wilson has in his short NFL career already - and 4 of those were in that 7 game spell where (as I mentioned already), he was "serviceable".

And once again, don't get me wrong - I understand that on average over his career, Kaepernick has been better than Wilson has over his career - but it's not about averages, it's about here and now, and that's why nobody cares about the fact that Peyton Manning threw more interceptions than TDs in his rookie year, because he's throwing 30 TDs a season now
In Kaep's 11 starts as a starter (including the playoffs) Kap has thrown 17 TDs and 5 Ints (he's also rushed for 5 TDs). He did this while being the defacto #2 QB entering the season and without seeing practice time with the 1st unit. Following the Rams game when Kap took over for the concussed Smith, that was the first time the 49ers gameplanned with Kap as the QB. Nevertheless, he has posted 17 TDs and 5 Ints since that fateful week. He didn't have 6 games to progress and get better. He was thrown into the fire and had to learn this new offense catered to him by Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman-- who had to create it on a whim. Kaepernick has been consistently brilliant.

First of all, when has posting above 60% completion percentage been a "benchmark." Kaepernick throws the ball down the field more than most QBs in the league. Definitely more than Wilson. You can't judge the guy for throwing below 60%, especially since he won 5 of those 7 games. Regardless, you said it yourself, "it's about here an now." Well, if you ignore the 1st 6 starts of Kap's career, and only focused on his last 5 (like you did for RW but refuse to with Kap "because Kap played well right away"-- like that makes any sense), and if you consider the tough competition the 49ers has those 5 games, Kap has completed 63% of his passes, 9 TDs 2 Ints for 1,486 yards (that's 297.2 yards per gam)... Oh yeah, RW is definitely more consistent. Please

I didn't refuse to do so, those pretty much mirror Kaepernicks stats from the start with slight improvements in all areas, (in the 6 games before he had 8 TDs, 3 INTs, 1332 yards, 63.4% completion ratio), yes his stats are better in the most recent 5 games, and as I said, he HAS improved, but the increase isn't quite as obvious as with Wilson:

First 8 games: 10 TDs, 8 INTs, 183.25 yards per game, 6.98 YPA, 61.4% completion rate
11 games since: 231 yards per game 20 TDs, 3 INTs, 9.15 YPA, 67.2% completion.

That's a vast improvement in numbers, and similar to what Kaepernick is asked to put up (although Wilson passes less - and has faced stronger opposition, like it or not, those 11 games include stronger opponents than the 5 you've picked for Kaepernick (4 defenses that finished in the top 10 last season, Kaepernick's 5 game stretch includes ZERO).

As for "learning a new offense blah blah blah", Kaepernick had been with the team 1.5 years by that point, it wasn't as if the offense was suddenly changed, he'd been coming in for the odd play here or there before then. Russell Wilson was our THIRD string QB through the preseason, wasn't named the starter until a week before the season, that's why it took him several weeks to adjust to the NFL - his entire NFL experience up until then had been practicing against the Seahawks 2nd team defense in preseason, no luxury of coming in for the odd play in the opener in Green Bay, against New York or Buffalo, no FULL SEASON AND A HALF to digest the playbook.

And 60% has always been the benchmark.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
AO2":1aan50tm said:
AbsolutNET":1aan50tm said:
AO2":1aan50tm said:
AbsolutNET":1aan50tm said:

Bye... Gotta love liberals...

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya...troll.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BlueThunder":eymvezcv said:
AO2":eymvezcv said:
Die hard Hawk fan here... SF is the best team in the NFL imo... Their OL is ELITE... Our DL is below average right now... I think SF wins this game 31-17

... what's up, Popeyejones...

Will you still feel that way if we blow them out tomorrow? I doubt your allegiance to Seattle and thinks me see a 9ers troll in disguise... If not, did you lose your rose-colored glasses? What's wrong with you? ;)
Check his IP address, my trollDAR is going off big time with this post, and its usually right!

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1es1cipl said:
BlueThunder":1es1cipl said:
AO2":1es1cipl said:
Die hard Hawk fan here... SF is the best team in the NFL imo... Their OL is ELITE... Our DL is below average right now... I think SF wins this game 31-17

... what's up, Popeyejones...

Will you still feel that way if we blow them out tomorrow? I doubt your allegiance to Seattle and thinks me see a 9ers troll in disguise... If not, did you lose your rose-colored glasses? What's wrong with you? ;)
Check his IP address, my trollDAR is going off big time with this post, and its usually right!

I think you're on the money about this one

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
NinerLifer":14mncrht said:
Bakergirl":14mncrht said:
While this thread is entertaining...there is only one thing I'm looking forward to and that's some good old fashioned smash mouth football come tomorrow. I hope the 49ers bring their A game. They are going to need it. The C-Link is going to be fired up! This will not be an easy battle. Here's to a good clean injury free football game, may the best team win. :229031_cheers: :49ersmall:

This 100%

While I don't expect a Niner win tomorrow, I will be extremely happy with no injuries.

Unfortunately due to the physicality of both our teams, I think that one maybe even both of our teams is gonna be busted up afterwards.

Lifer and a few others doing their best to offset the influx of new "Seahawk" fans. Why is it these new fans have so much respect for the Niners awesomeness that they feel the need to sign up in order to get their point across?

Some of these guys have a strange pattern about them. They all feel that the Hawks are no match for multiple aspects of the Niners awesomeness. They tend to use phrases like "our Hawks" or "we" as if they have been contributing for months. This new breed of Hawk fans appear to have a strong respect for the Niners. In fact they have enough respect for the Niners that most of their limited posts are referring to the Niners and carry some level of concern that the Hawks are going to lose on Sunday.

I guess the mentality of the new Hawks fan is that of a new generation. A younger, more open minded generation that simply sees the Niners for the incredible team that they are. I don't know about the rest of you, but these guys are convincing. Some of the points these guys make are hard facts that create a sense of fear that comes from the imminent arrival of the Niners to the Clink. Maybe we should just face reality. The Niners are going to destroy the Hawks and Seattle will be lucky to finish the game down 3 scores and with half of the starters on IR.

I hope they show mercy on us. As a gesture of good intentions, I think we should give Kaeperstank a quiet environment to work. Maybe he will only hang 42 on the Hawks tomorrow night.

My prayers begin...

The Radish

Reaction score
I hear from a couple of people that KFFL whatever that is a Seahawks site I've never heard of is one of those hacked by Syria and isn't available.

for those of you from there, you can argue among yourselves/ourselves all you want but do it plesantly. We attack posts and not posters here.

:les:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The Radish":2ogcuujs said:
I hear from a couple of people that KFFL whatever that is a Seahawks site I've never heard of is one of those hacked by Syria and isn't available.

for those of you from there, you can argue among yourselves/ourselves all you want but do it plesantly. We attack posts and not posters here.

It's a general NFL site that happens to have a fair number of active Hawks fans (the majority of whom are great posters too).

I post there, which is why A02 said what's up, but I'm not sure who he is (using a different handle, and off the top of my head, can't think of any Hawks fans there who are predicting a 9ers win outright).

HawkGANG

Reaction score
Giedi":2o44iq56 said:
loafoftatupu":2o44iq56 said:
Sports Hernia":2o44iq56 said:
Weadoption":2o44iq56 said:
Feeling good about this game and the Niners in general, because we have a legit multi threat quarterback behind a money O line.
last time it was like this good golden stuff went down eventually.
History repeats blah blah yada yada.
I bet you said the same thing last December when your team got embarrassed on national TV and lost by 29 points! Neeeeexxtttt!

It is the same thing every year. Regardless of roster or situation. It is no different than all those years of total suckage. They start with about how they are going to win the division, then how they are going to smash the Hawks and after 8 years they finally do it so they claim they were right all along.

Niners are coming in with essentially the same dynamics that they did last year, but THIS time will be a lot different. This much I know, if the Niners would have crushed the Hawks in SF by 29 points and had the same core, I wouldn't be too confident in getting the win going back there. Im not saying it couldn't happen, but I would be very apprehensive about it. Not all Niner fans are making that claim, but no group takes on the image of its exceptions.

I have even read the predictions of a Niner loss that get followed up by another post that states. "But how are they going to stop the Niners from xxxxx?"

Well the Hawks have never been blown out by a Harbafreak coached Niner unit, regardless of venue, the Niner fans certainly can't make that claim. That should be a barometer of some relevance. Until I see CK getting by his pre snap communication problems in his own stadium, I am pretty sure they aren't going to be much better in the Clink.

It is setup to be a great game, the loser can take solace in knowing it is only week 2 of a long season and that there will be another chance, but the Hawks clearly have an advantage on Sunday in any case.

I don't think the dynamics have changed. Pete is still Pete and Harbaugh is still Harbaugh. No matter which way you cut it - the past says 3-1. The 49er dark years are two years behind the franchise. That's practically half the average of a typical NFL football player's career. Yes Seattle took it to the 49ers and won in a game at the the *home* of Seattle and the 49ers also held serve - in the beginning of the year - the 49ers won the game at Candleswamp park. Keep in mind an unranked Harbaugh college team beat a nationally ranked Pete team at the lower NCAA level. I bring up the point, not to belabor the bad blood between the two, but rather the fact that Pete is beatable when it looks like the odds are all in his favor. I feel the atmosphere here almost similar to a playoff atmosphere and we all know Pete's playoff record is below .500 in the playoffs. So overall, I haven't seen much overall dynamic changes in the Seattle vs. the 49er situation.

I think your putting way too much emphasis on the coaches and the past. This is a new season with (some) new players with varying degrees of experience. Believe it or not the players will have the majority of the responsibility for the outcome of this game. Getting into Pete and Jim's past record against each other is nonsense in my opinion.

Giedi

Reaction score
HawkGANG":5p1stqpf said:
Giedi":5p1stqpf said:
loafoftatupu":5p1stqpf said:
Sports Hernia":5p1stqpf said:
I bet you said the same thing last December when your team got embarrassed on national TV and lost by 29 points! Neeeeexxtttt!

It is the same thing every year. Regardless of roster or situation. It is no different than all those years of total suckage. They start with about how they are going to win the division, then how they are going to smash the Hawks and after 8 years they finally do it so they claim they were right all along.

Niners are coming in with essentially the same dynamics that they did last year, but THIS time will be a lot different. This much I know, if the Niners would have crushed the Hawks in SF by 29 points and had the same core, I wouldn't be too confident in getting the win going back there. Im not saying it couldn't happen, but I would be very apprehensive about it. Not all Niner fans are making that claim, but no group takes on the image of its exceptions.

I have even read the predictions of a Niner loss that get followed up by another post that states. "But how are they going to stop the Niners from xxxxx?"

Well the Hawks have never been blown out by a Harbafreak coached Niner unit, regardless of venue, the Niner fans certainly can't make that claim. That should be a barometer of some relevance. Until I see CK getting by his pre snap communication problems in his own stadium, I am pretty sure they aren't going to be much better in the Clink.

It is setup to be a great game, the loser can take solace in knowing it is only week 2 of a long season and that there will be another chance, but the Hawks clearly have an advantage on Sunday in any case.

I don't think the dynamics have changed. Pete is still Pete and Harbaugh is still Harbaugh. No matter which way you cut it - the past says 3-1. The 49er dark years are two years behind the franchise. That's practically half the average of a typical NFL football player's career. Yes Seattle took it to the 49ers and won in a game at the the *home* of Seattle and the 49ers also held serve - in the beginning of the year - the 49ers won the game at Candleswamp park. Keep in mind an unranked Harbaugh college team beat a nationally ranked Pete team at the lower NCAA level. I bring up the point, not to belabor the bad blood between the two, but rather the fact that Pete is beatable when it looks like the odds are all in his favor. I feel the atmosphere here almost similar to a playoff atmosphere and we all know Pete's playoff record is below .500 in the playoffs. So overall, I haven't seen much overall dynamic changes in the Seattle vs. the 49er situation.

I think your putting way too much emphasis on the coaches and the past. This is a new season with (some) new players with varying degrees of experience. Believe it or not the players will have the majority of the responsibility for the outcome of this game. Getting into Pete and Jim's past record against each other is nonsense in my opinion.

If you buy into the assumption that the QB's are equal, that the RB's are equal, that the 49ers have a stronger front 7 but a weak secondary, Seattle has a strong secondary, and a lesser front 7 than the 49ers, the Seattle WR's are better, but the 49er O Line is better, and so pretty much everything then is close to even. The only real differences would be on the coaching side. That's all I'm saying.

JMR

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2ncyc5xy said:
The Radish":2ncyc5xy said:

It's a general NFL site that happens to have a fair number of active Hawks fans (the majority of whom are great posters too).

I post there, which is why A02 said what's up, but I'm not sure who he is (using a different handle, and off the top of my head, can't think of any Hawks fans there who are predicting a 9ers win outright).

AO2 is Anointed One on KFFL.

JMR

Reaction score
Just to get it out of the way, AO2 is not a troll but a long-time devoted Hawks fan who i've "known" for about 15 years now I guess (wow) on CNNSI and then KFFL.

To the Game:

The Hawks have been unbeatable at home for a while, and we have some signature wins there -- NFCC, BeastQuake, Romo, Fail Mary -- that help create this mystique that no matter what, we just can't lose at home. And right now I think the burden of proof is on the rest of the league to come in and win just one time before anyone should be picking against us in front of the 12th Man. I was at the week 1 game in Charlotte, and Panthers fans were very nice but just don't get it like the 12th Man does. Hawks play at a level at home that is just not reachable by the visiting teams....at least not for the last year and a half or so. 49ers are an outstanding team, but I like the Hawks at home. BeastMode has 3 straight 100 yd games against Niners....RW is incredible at home and now has 2 consecutive 300+ yd games after having none before that...getting Avril back (if not Clemons or Browner) will help the D. Can't wait for this one.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
JMR":2xvorpbs said:
Popeyejones":2xvorpbs said:
The Radish":2xvorpbs said:

AO2 is Anointed One on KFFL.

Ahh. Whatup Anointed. Yep, real life true as true Hawks fan.

dan2314

Reaction score
over/under 2.5 burnt timeouts by kaepernick because of the noise?