This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The San Francisco 49ers

Washington49er

Reaction score
Maulbert":96csnq6f said:
Washington49er":96csnq6f said:
johnnyfever":96csnq6f said:
If we beat the niners on monday, which I would say we have about a 30% chance of doing, they will melt the hell down over there for a couple days. I will thoroughly enjoy marinating in 9er tears.

At least we won't have to deal with the niner trolls here postgame if we win. It was kind of nice when they sucked for the last few years. Didnt have to deal with the mindless drivel that these cretins like washington9er (perfect bandwagonner name) spew. I notice he had no answer for the fact that their championships came pre cap. Total yankees of the nfl.

When they sucked, the posters that were here seemed much more knowledgeable and actually had a few good discussions here and there. Cap will hit them soon enough and they will be back to mediocrity.

Precap every team had the same advantages and disadvantages as every other team including the Seahawks.

So you're going to sit here and tell with the kind of money your owner had he didn't do everything he could to put together a SB winning team? You can't possibly be that naive.

The only reason you Hawk fans are trying to hang your hat on comments like these is because your team doesn't have 5 rings, because if you did I know damn well that's all we'd hear about. You've got one now and you act like the Seahawks are a dynasty.

You're not convincing anyone, you wish you had 5 rings or at least the 3 had a chance to win.

No matter how you spin it or what excuse you put on it, 5-1 is and will always be better than 1-2.

And since you like to bring up the past. How well do you think the SB winning Hawks team would fair if you brought back the rules that the Steelers, 49ers and Cowboys had to play with? No defenseless receiver, no roughing the passer, etc. Pretty sure your QB would have been on IR not playing in a SB.

Poor little Al Bundy.

Oooooh, how long did you spend coming up with one? Pretty much the response I thought I'd get. All we need now is the 3rd amigo, Sportshernia to come in with one of his stupid replies.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Washington49er":1jxtznb9 said:
Maulbert":1jxtznb9 said:
Washington49er":1jxtznb9 said:
johnnyfever":1jxtznb9 said:
If we beat the niners on monday, which I would say we have about a 30% chance of doing, they will melt the hell down over there for a couple days. I will thoroughly enjoy marinating in 9er tears.

At least we won't have to deal with the niner trolls here postgame if we win. It was kind of nice when they sucked for the last few years. Didnt have to deal with the mindless drivel that these cretins like washington9er (perfect bandwagonner name) spew. I notice he had no answer for the fact that their championships came pre cap. Total yankees of the nfl.

When they sucked, the posters that were here seemed much more knowledgeable and actually had a few good discussions here and there. Cap will hit them soon enough and they will be back to mediocrity.

Precap every team had the same advantages and disadvantages as every other team including the Seahawks.

So you're going to sit here and tell with the kind of money your owner had he didn't do everything he could to put together a SB winning team? You can't possibly be that naive.

The only reason you Hawk fans are trying to hang your hat on comments like these is because your team doesn't have 5 rings, because if you did I know damn well that's all we'd hear about. You've got one now and you act like the Seahawks are a dynasty.

You're not convincing anyone, you wish you had 5 rings or at least the 3 had a chance to win.

No matter how you spin it or what excuse you put on it, 5-1 is and will always be better than 1-2.

And since you like to bring up the past. How well do you think the SB winning Hawks team would fair if you brought back the rules that the Steelers, 49ers and Cowboys had to play with? No defenseless receiver, no roughing the passer, etc. Pretty sure your QB would have been on IR not playing in a SB.

Poor little Al Bundy.

Oooooh, how long did you spend coming up with one? Pretty much the response I thought I'd get. All we need now is the 3rd amigo, Sportshernia to come in with one of his stupid replies.

Just referencing my last response to you in this thread, but based on your comment one would assume you haven't read it. Far more likely, though, you're feigning ignorance of it because you had no legitimate response to it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Washington49er":20qmllij said:
chris98251":20qmllij said:
Washington49er":20qmllij said:
johnnyfever":20qmllij said:

You mean you think we were soft or something?

2553cdc3ea24e2bbe224476a51cc41ff

No, Chancellor was a badass, RW not so much.

For a QB that has taken more hits then any other since he came into the league, is a running QB as well and has played through Knee and Ankle injuries I would disagree.

Maulbert

Reaction score
chris98251":23yir42g said:
Washington49er":23yir42g said:
chris98251":23yir42g said:
Washington49er":23yir42g said:

For a QB that has taken more hits then any other since he came into the league, is a running QB as well and has played through Knee and Ankle injuries I would disagree.

Second longest active start streak amongst QBs, now. Only Rivers' has been longer.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Maulbert":1j6b3jhw said:
chris98251":1j6b3jhw said:
Washington49er":1j6b3jhw said:
chris98251":1j6b3jhw said:

Second longest active start streak amongst QBs, now. Only Rivers' has been longer.

Because RW plays in a time where QBs are protected. That's why I asked, how do you think the SB winning hawk team would do in the same rule situation as the Terry Bradshaw lead Steelers, or 49ers and Cowboys in there SB winning years. You can talk all you want about post cap era being a hindrance, but by that logic it also makes things easier.

Imagine Chancellor vs Davis type hits on RW, because that was allowed back then.

Bottom line rings are rings, stop making excuses for why your teams lack of them is different.

How many rings post cap era do the Patriots have?

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Washington49er":2ytng0fs said:
Maulbert":2ytng0fs said:
chris98251":2ytng0fs said:
Washington49er":2ytng0fs said:

Because RW plays in a time where QBs are protected. That's why I asked, how do you think the SB winning hawk team would do in the same rule situation as the Terry Bradshaw lead Steelers, or 49ers and Cowboys in there SB winning years. You can talk all you want about post cap era being a hindrance, but by that logic it also makes things easier.

Imagine Chancellor vs Davis type hits on RW, because that was allowed back then.

Bottom line rings are rings, stop making excuses for why your teams lack of them is different.

Sure, rings are rings, and your team hasn't had any in a looooooooooooooooooong time, nearly 25 years. Judging by your posts, way longer ago then you have been alive. I could be wrong, maybe you just type and rationalize like a 16 year old.

Washington49er

Reaction score
johnnyfever":4dwf1z5n said:
Washington49er":4dwf1z5n said:
Maulbert":4dwf1z5n said:
chris98251":4dwf1z5n said:

Sure, rings are rings, and your team hasn't had any in a looooooooooooooooooong time, nearly 25 years. Judging by your posts, way longer ago then you have been alive. I could be wrong, maybe you just type and rationalize like a 16 year old.

Yep another typical Hawk fan.

No answer to post cap debate. Your rings are old argument. No awnswer how your only SB winning team would fare back in the day. No explanation as to how come the Patriots manage to get as many rings as they have post cap era and your team hasn't.

Nice post, stupid much?

Maulbert

Reaction score
Washington49er":bbyaiqaa said:
johnnyfever":bbyaiqaa said:
Washington49er":bbyaiqaa said:
Maulbert":bbyaiqaa said:

Yep another typical Hawk fan.

No answer to post cap debate. Your rings are old argument. No awnswer how your only SB winning team would fare back in the day. No explanation as to how come the Patriots manage to get as many rings as they have post cap era and your team hasn't.

Nice post, stupid much?

You say that like everyone is making pacts with the devil like Belichick does. You won in an era that it was easier to consistently win in. The Steelers, Redskins, and Cowboys bear that out. No one, not even your vaunted Whiners, have won like the Patriots. Measuring anyone to them is an inevitable failure.

God, I wasted too much thought on your newest strawman argument. Buzz off, Al Bundy.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Washington49er":1k4kn6oh said:
johnnyfever":1k4kn6oh said:
Washington49er":1k4kn6oh said:
johnnyfever":1k4kn6oh said:
49ers are an old franchise that were very good a looooong time ago. We have been relevant every year but 1 since 2012. Dont get me wrong, 49ers look good right now, and will probably win the division. I just think it's funny over at webzone because I HAVE read many pages of just absolute chest pounding drivel with zero substance. No talk of matchups, strengths and weaknesses. It's all "willow" this and cawksucker that. Just a bunch of straight brim hat wearing dudes I'm guessing with some fake gold thrown in here and there. It's your forum, and you know I'm right.

B.S.! What did you read, like one post?

How about the entire pregame thread, as well as most of the seahawks thread in the nfl area.

Take off your neon green and blue glasses. To say there's no match up talk, or strengths and weaknesses debates is laughable. If you'd like I can copy and pastea few for you.

It's okay to not like what you see, just don't exaggerate to make self look better to your brethren.

Well, aren’t you just like a shiny little hypocrite polished in bullshi*t!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawkfan68":n4xbjl7n said:
Washington49er":n4xbjl7n said:
johnnyfever":n4xbjl7n said:
Washington49er":n4xbjl7n said:
B.S.! What did you read, like one post?

How about the entire pregame thread, as well as most of the seahawks thread in the nfl area.

Take off your neon green and blue glasses. To say there's no match up talk, or strengths and weaknesses debates is laughable. If you'd like I can copy and pastea few for you.

It's okay to not like what you see, just don't exaggerate to make self look better to your brethren.

Well, aren’t you just a shiny little hypocrite polished in $h!t!
^ Truth bomb right there. ^ :2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
You had to be Rich and pay back then as a franchise, Cowboys with Schram, 49ers with Guido, Steelers didn't over pay really but they had a draft a couple years much like us for the ages and kept them together and a great staff of coaches.

The explosion of Salaries and the Cap came into play as Billionaires came into ownership and played Yankee Football, they legacy owners had to put the cap in place to stay competitive. Paul Brown notoriously has been a cheap owner and drove a lot of that as well as the Bidwell's etc.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1g7xu0tm said:
hawkfan68":1g7xu0tm said:
Washington49er":1g7xu0tm said:
johnnyfever":1g7xu0tm said:

Well, aren’t you just a shiny little hypocrite polished in $h!t!
^ Truth bomb right there. ^ :2thumbs:

One comes on a Seahawk forum and tells Seahawk fans to stop wearing blue and green.....then puffs his/her chest so all their webzone brethren can view how they have stood up to Seahawk fans on their Seahawk forum. Tells a Seahawk fan not to do what he/she is exactly doing on here. Sounds like a hypocrite to me.

Giedi

Reaction score
chris98251":2067xpka said:
You had to be Rich and pay back then as a franchise, Cowboys with Schram, 49ers with Guido, Steelers didn't over pay really but they had a draft a couple years much like us for the ages and kept them together and a great staff of coaches.

The explosion of Salaries and the Cap came into play as Billionaires came into ownership and played Yankee Football, they legacy owners had to put the cap in place to stay competitive. Paul Brown notoriously has been a cheap owner and drove a lot of that as well as the Bidwell's etc.
Agree, I'll just add that NFL franchise team value just kept going up and up during the '80's and '90's When the free agency money exploded - teams with small markets and poorer ownership were disadvantaged by richer market teams with richer owner who could pay more bonuses to a desired elite free agent. It got really bad when the NFL - sometime around the '90's allowed corporate ownership of individual teams. Now in addition to big vs small markets, and poor vs rich owners, there was an added disparity between a big rich corporation like Ray Crock (McDonalds) or a Disney, and poorer markets and ownership like the Greenbay packers and their Public ownership model (for example). So around 1994 the salary cap was put in place to eliminate all those disparities in money.

It's interesting that the 49ers *won* their 5th Lombardi *after* the salary cap was put in place in 1994. So technically, one of the 5 was during the salary cap era. :mrgreen:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Giedi":2jxeos3v said:
chris98251":2jxeos3v said:

Agree, I'll just add that NFL franchise team value just kept going up and up during the '80's and '90's When the free agency money exploded - teams with small markets and poorer ownership were disadvantaged by richer market teams with richer owner who could pay more bonuses to a desired elite free agent. It got really bad when the NFL - sometime around the '90's allowed corporate ownership of individual teams. Now in addition to big vs small markets, and poor vs rich owners, there was an added disparity between a big rich corporation like Ray Crock (McDonalds) or a Disney, and poorer markets and ownership like the Greenbay packers and their Public ownership model (for example). So around 1994 the salary cap was put in place to eliminate all those disparities in money.

It's interesting that the 49ers *won* their 5th Lombardi *after* the salary cap was put in place in 1994. So technically, one of the 5 was during the salary cap era. :mrgreen:

But the majority of that team was built before it, so they were still greatly benefiting from the pre-cap era.

FlayvaMeister

Reaction score
Well deserved win Hawks Fans. That game had everything … and I couldn't relax all game.
Once our temporary FG Kicker missed, I knew it was over. Russell should probably win MVP,
unless a major change of events happens.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
As I said, the tears of the 49ers taste absolutely delicious. They have no excuses either as the refs did their best to give it to them.

Let's see what washington 49er has to say. Most likely something about if they had kittle they would have won hands down. That's what most are saying over there.

We dominated them this game.

camdawg

Reaction score
chris98251":oon2ini5 said:
Washington49er":oon2ini5 said:
Maulbert":oon2ini5 said:
Washington49er":oon2ini5 said:
Pretty sure 49er fans could care less about your opinions.

Not an opinion.

His head bowed and speaking in a subdued voice, San Francisco 49ers owner Eddie DeBartolo Jr. pleaded guilty in federal court yesterday to a felony charge of failing to report that Louisiana's former governor allegedly extorted $400,000 from him to win a casino license.

With the plea, DeBartolo avoided prison. But he agreed to pay $1 million in penalties, serve two years of probation and testify in future trials against ex-Governor Edwin Edwards and his son, Stephen, key targets in a federal probe into the state's gambling industry.

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/DeBartolo-Guilty-of-Felony-1-million-fine-2-2986872.php

It's what led to him losing control of the Whiners.

Eddie DeBartolo gave up his stake in the San Francisco 49ers on Friday, leaving the club in his sister’s control and resolving a feud over the family’s billion-dollar financial empire.

The tentative agreement divides the assets of the Youngstown, Ohio-based Edward J. DeBartolo Corp. and allows DeBartolo and his sister, Denise DeBartolo York, to go their separate financial ways.

Once the deal is signed, lawsuits filed by the siblings against each other will be dismissed, according to a source close to the negotiations. The suits, filed in federal court in Ohio, are on hold.

Sam Singer, a spokesman for the corporation, confirmed Friday a tentative deal had been reached. It still must be approved in court.

Rick Rice, a spokesman for Eddie DeBartolo, said some details still needed to be worked out.

``They may be close to an agreement but any announcements are premature at this moment,″ Rice said.

The tentative deal ends a messy battle between the DeBartolos that arose from Eddie DeBartolo’s entanglement in a Louisiana gambling fraud scandal, which led to a guilty plea for failing to report a felony. He was also serving a year-long suspension imposed by NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue last March.

https://apnews.com/27304a7eca15d4e8812d6f5b21e173fa

So make up your minds, you can't have it both ways. Either the past is relevant or not?

Typical Hawk fan mentality. You guys give Marv crap about spinning $h!t but you're even worse.

Not a spin if it's the truth first off, creative financing to keep that 49er roster intact has been documented as well. Just accept it, the 49ers went through a down time after but are now back in the mix and have been for a while.

We have our own Crook in Behring who tried to play in the game but failed badly, throw in Dennis Erickson and his Miami stuff and was involved in both of our teams.

Yep. Niner fans never want to admit that one reason that championship # 5 happened was Carmen Policy auditioning to become the CFO at WorldCom or Enron.

"You can trust us, Mr. Tagliabue. We're following the rules here!"

Is Steve Young's mid-90's contract still taking up a portion of the Niners' salary cap, a la Bobby Bonilla's deal with the Mets?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
According to the Denial Zone Seattle was just lucky tonight, and have been the luckiest team going back to 2012.
They lost because of bad luck, and injuries, and dropped passes.

They seem to conveniently forget how lucky Jimmy Crappallo was tonight. 1 pick wiped out because of a BS phantom dpi penalty, 3 easy picks dropped by the defense. The “golden boy” should have had 5 picks tonight. Crappallo might be Kraepper 2.0. He’s horrible when pressured. He got exposed tonight.

253hawk

Reaction score
Yeah, gotta love those guys. I guess when they get outplayed, it's just luck. Always so classy, too.

- Damn refs ruined our perfect season.

- I need a career ending injury for that freaking midget.

- Seahawks didn't prove s**t. We gave them that game

- Hope he gets hurt soon

- Luckiest team yet again. So lucky we had no kittle no sanders no wr that could catch the ball.

- Luckier team won today #BookIt