This is the beginning of a Dynasty...

Giblien

Reaction score
Between all of the things hearing, that Pete is the most liked coach in the NFL, the Hawks facilities are outstanding, our front office is awesome, that this is a fun place to be...I think we are going to start seeing Seattle be THE destination for players in the NFL willing to take pay cuts to come/stay here. And again, with the awesomness that is our front office, I think via the draft, this could be sustained for 5-10 years (maybe more?), much like the recent and consistent success we have seen with the Patriots.

Thoughts?

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Let's get that first one. I want one before I can think about that.

Penman96

Reaction score
To be the best we have to beat the best! I agree that between our outstanding ownership and management we have the potential to be strong for a long time, it's a great time to be a 12. However the word "dynasty" can only be invoked after the conquest of a Lombardi. Here's hoping that by this time next week we can speak of the beginnings of a dynasty

bubbrubb

Reaction score
I agree...dynasty in the making for sure. I can see us being the favorite out of the NFC for a long time to come. A Lombardi helps, but year in- year out Seattle will be at the top for many years to come! :)

Wartooth

Reaction score
I'll be pretty good with the one they win Sunday!
If they can keep it up, all the better!
The best it's ever been!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
In my opinion you are correct, WIN or LOSE, our WINDOW is OPEN for a Good 8 Years or So.

We are becoming the new Patriots, where free agents will take pay-cuts to come here and be part of a fun but winning equation. But I believe what will set our franchise apart is that you will see players do take the discount and you might also see some veterans give it back to keep from getting cut. Not a lot of players do that in today's NFL. I think the Seahawks Way is going to be contagious.

You know for a fact, when the Denver Broncos saw their send-off support, they probably appreciated it at the time. 200+ cheering on Peyton f***ing Manning. But you know when those Broncos players or even any player in the NFL saw the support the 12th Man gave the Seahawks in comparison.

They probably all thought the same thing, "I WANT THAT"

cboom

Reaction score
Giblien":2z8u96oh said:
Between all of the things hearing, that Pete is the most liked coach in the NFL, the Hawks facilities are outstanding, our front office is awesome, that this is a fun place to be...I think we are going to start seeing Seattle be THE destination for players in the NFL willing to take pay cuts to come/stay here. And again, with the awesomness that is our front office, I think via the draft, this could be sustained for 5-10 years (maybe more?), much like the recent and consistent success we have seen with the Patriots.

Thoughts?

Hope so! But many of us thought that 05 season was just a trial run after we lost the SB. Officials were a big part of that loss, but it didn't help we had to bring guys into that game due to injuries that hadn't played a down in a long time. And we still should have won! Fill a couple holes though the draft and FA and we should own the league for the next several years was the thought......There was a lot of stuff like "In Ruskell we trust" going on back then.

Have to win this one first, then that talk can start. History has not been all that good for the first runners up in the big game.

Rob12

Reaction score
Giblien":14tt8def said:

Thoughts?

I think it's going to be tough simply because of the division that we play in.

With that said, I am fully expecting more than one SB win over the next five years. A dynasty is a real possibility here, for many of the reasons that you listed.

I'll throw another one out there - and I might get laughed at - but the uniforms. I know, I know. But I really believe players love the uniforms. I feel dumb typing that out, but look at the success Oregon has had. It matters. That is why Kam had his hand in designing them. While I would never say that would be a deciding factor for a free agent, I think it might be another plus that they add to the list.

Hawksalot4277

Reaction score
Salary cap salary cap salary cap. It will be an absolute miracle if you have the same secondary in 3 years. Wilson's second contract, Sherman's second contract, E. Thomas, Chancelor, half the D line and linebackers. Then there's Lynch and your receivers. Good luck.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
I want that first one for Seattle. A Dynasty would be nice, however, so all the "what have you ever won?" crap will stop.

Well, maybe it won't stop--49ers fans are stupid like that--but at least you will have an answer.

Latest posts