This is Baldwin's team

scutterhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":iuhst4z8 said:
I think players like RW but many don't respect him quite as much.
:177692: ^^^^^^^^^^^ , And you know this....HOW????

sutz

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3kvwl6i0 said:
semiahmoo":3kvwl6i0 said:
Because six months ago, nobody on the team liked him because he was a prima donna and made more money than anybody else.

:laugh:

:snack:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":2t9fhsh1 said:
scutterhawk":2t9fhsh1 said:
Wilson was in the semi-side Coaching mode with Cable & the O-Line, when a pissed off Baldwin INTERUPTED with a shoving of Tom Cable and some yelling his dismay at some inept play.....There's more than one way to skin a cat, or to get your point across.
Wilson is methodical, he's a guy that doesn't lose his composure and start blowing his stack...I don't see that as the detriment that some of Y'all seem to, and has NOTHING to do with whether or not someone is, or isn't a TEAM LEADER.
Wilson IS an integral part of the Seahawks Offensive successes.
He's had to produce while playing behind one of the WORST O-Lines in the League, for SEVERAL years now, and has STILL managed to keep everything from going to hell in a hand basket.
It is WILSON that is the Franchise Quarterback that the Offense has been BUILT AROUND....He is the Spark, the Heart & Soul of the Seahawks Offense, AND, he's the LEADER.
Doug Baldwin is his go to Receiver, and his undisputable right hand man.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but the part I highlighted in green is just not true. Everyone associated with this who has come out and talked about it has said that Doug was keeping Cable from interrupting Wilson, not Baldwin interrupting Wilson.
Him shoving Cable like he did, showed that he was irritated with him, and it resulted in an interruption to what Russell Wilson was trying to convey to his Offensive Linemen, because Wilson DID stop talking for a moment when it happened.
The point I was making, is that Wilson was taking the LEAD (leadership role) and trying to be constructive/instructive.
Cable really does need RW's input, because there are some things that Russ' pas pro O-Line needs to be working on DURING the heat of the battle.
Some folks think that one has to be a screamer to be an effective leader, that's simply not always the case.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
sutz":3usqov8z said:
scutterhawk":3usqov8z said:
semiahmoo":3usqov8z said:
Because six months ago, nobody on the team liked him because he was a prima donna and made more money than anybody else.

:laugh:

:snack:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

kidhawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2ir31ub8 said:
kidhawk":2ir31ub8 said:
scutterhawk":2ir31ub8 said:
Wilson was in the semi-side Coaching mode with Cable & the O-Line, when a pissed off Baldwin INTERUPTED with a shoving of Tom Cable and some yelling his dismay at some inept play.....There's more than one way to skin a cat, or to get your point across.
Wilson is methodical, he's a guy that doesn't lose his composure and start blowing his stack...I don't see that as the detriment that some of Y'all seem to, and has NOTHING to do with whether or not someone is, or isn't a TEAM LEADER.
He's had to produce while playing behind one of the WORST O-Lines in the League, for SEVERAL years now, and has STILL managed to keep everything from going to hell in a hand basket.
It is WILSON that is the Franchise Quarterback that the Offense has been BUILT AROUND....He is the Spark, the Heart & Soul of the Seahawks Offense, AND, he's the LEADER.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but the part I highlighted in green is just not true. Everyone associated with this who has come out and talked about it has said that Doug was keeping Cable from interrupting Wilson, not Baldwin interrupting Wilson.
Him shoving Cable like he did, showed that he was irritated with him, and it resulted in an interruption to what Russell Wilson was trying to convey to his Offensive Linemen, because Wilson DID stop talking for a moment when it happened.
The point I was making, is that Wilson was taking the LEAD (leadership role) and trying to be constructive/instructive.
Cable really does need RW's input, because there are some things that Russ' pas pro O-Line needs to be working on DURING the heat of the battle.
Some folks think that one has to be a screamer to be an effective leader, that's simply not always the case.

Like I said, I agree with your overall point, but not the portion I highlighted. The way you have written twists it to make it seem like Baldwin was doing the interrupting when in fact it was he who was stopping Cable from interrupting. Obviously Wilson was going to stop talking at this point, because Cable was interrupting then was pushed, but that doesn't equal Baldwin being the interrupter. It may seem like semantics but there's quite a difference there.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
redhawk253":255f49vl said:
Djack and galloway come to mind.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Hahah, I knew someone would mention these two, and no, DJack and Galloway we're never the player that Baldwin is today.

redhawk253

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":s7m72lp5 said:
redhawk253":s7m72lp5 said:
Djack and galloway come to mind.

Hahah, I knew someone would mention these two, and no, DJack and Galloway we're never the player that Baldwin is today.
Male cow manure. This is a case of latest greatest.. go back and review the numbers. Djack was an integral part of our football team during the holmgren era when the seahawks came back to relevance. His career stats are also better than baldwins.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I find this notion of one player owing x,y or z a bit silly in all honesty. Why does it have to be one player, why cant we just recognise a player clearly stepping up and being a leader and that other players will do the same?

Arguing over which player is more of a leader is like arguing over which part of an engine is doing the most work. It doesnt really matter as long as the sum of the parts are up to the required task.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Holy hell, it's Pete's team, they have a bunch of leaders. But, everyone wants to stab Wilson, we get it already :lol:

MarylandHawk

Reaction score
I don't care if our defense respects him or not, opposing defenses respect him. You think Doug B. is the top name on the opposing D's chalkboard??? Get real, first it was Marshawn, now it's Russ.

Seymour

Reaction score
scutterhawk":35rk1t11 said:
semiahmoo":35rk1t11 said:

Because he doesn't so everyone shouldn't.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I like how a fan thinks he KNOWS what the team thinks of Russ. As opposed to, oh I don't know.......the people who are ACTUALLY ON THE TEAM??? Reality is that many just either don't like Russ, or they want him to fail. :roll:

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
My take?
Don't kid yourself. This is and has been Wilson's team. Every leader has a strong arm enforcer. Someone that will be the muscle that intimidates and puts fear in those that are led. That someone is the first one to stand ready to fight for that leader. Wilson's enforcer is Baldwin.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And he's very vocal on the field and on the sidelines, not just with his offense, with everyone. If someone can't see how much of a leader this guy is, they never will.

Seymour

Reaction score
I get the no respect card.

How can you respect someone who buttons the top button of a flannel shirt?

This is where he was on Tuesday... pretty pathetic. :sarcasm_off:

ciara-hospital-3.jpg

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
kidhawk":n6dkpo4k said:
scutterhawk":n6dkpo4k said:

BINGO. It was Baldwin once again playing the role of leader. Russ is too passive. He does not have that franchise QB vibe. Don't know why. Is he tough? Heck yeah. Does he have a remarkable set of skills? Yup. Has he squeezed every bit of talent out of that small frame of his? Absolutely.

But as of now, this is Baldwin's team more than WIlson's.

That could change and if it does I bet Baldwin would be among the first to applaud Wilson for stepping up.

Seymour

Reaction score
semiahmoo":1ggm6y9o said:
kidhawk":1ggm6y9o said:
scutterhawk":1ggm6y9o said:

BINGO. It was Baldwin once again playing the role of leader. Russ is too passive. He does not have that franchise QB vibe. Don't know why. Is he tough? Heck yeah. Does he have a remarkable set of skills? Yup. Has he squeezed every bit of talent out of that small frame of his? Absolutely.

But as of now, this is Baldwin's team more than WIlson's.

That could change and if it does I bet Baldwin would be among the first to applaud Wilson for stepping up.

Took you long enough to expose your true motive to the "unknowing".

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Seymour":1gii1vq6 said:
I get the no respect card.

How can you respect someone who buttons the top button of a flannel shirt?

This is where he was on Tuesday... pretty pathetic. :sarcasm_off:

ciara-hospital-3.jpg

RW is a great guy no doubt. He does that kind of stuff all the time. Means so much to the fans.

Latest posts