This is Baldwin's team

scutterhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2p6a5ldg said:
kidhawk":2p6a5ldg said:
scutterhawk":2p6a5ldg said:
Wilson was in the semi-side Coaching mode with Cable & the O-Line, when a pissed off Baldwin INTERUPTED with a shoving of Tom Cable and some yelling his dismay at some inept play.....There's more than one way to skin a cat, or to get your point across.
Wilson is methodical, he's a guy that doesn't lose his composure and start blowing his stack...I don't see that as the detriment that some of Y'all seem to, and has NOTHING to do with whether or not someone is, or isn't a TEAM LEADER.
Wilson IS an integral part of the Seahawks Offensive successes.
He's had to produce while playing behind one of the WORST O-Lines in the League, for SEVERAL years now, and has STILL managed to keep everything from going to hell in a hand basket.
It is WILSON that is the Franchise Quarterback that the Offense has been BUILT AROUND....He is the Spark, the Heart & Soul of the Seahawks Offense, AND, he's the LEADER.
Doug Baldwin is his go to Receiver, and his undisputable right hand man.

I agree with a lot of what you say, but the part I highlighted in green is just not true. Everyone associated with this who has come out and talked about it has said that Doug was keeping Cable from interrupting Wilson, not Baldwin interrupting Wilson.

BINGO. It was Baldwin once again playing the role of leader. Russ is too passive. He does not have that franchise QB vibe. Don't know why. Is he tough? Heck yeah. Does he have a remarkable set of skills? Yup. Has he squeezed every bit of talent out of that small frame of his? Absolutely.

But as of now, this is Baldwin's team more than WIlson's.

That could change and if it does I bet Baldwin would be among the first to applaud Wilson for stepping up.
Interrupting is NOT leading....... VENTING is NOT leading.
They ( Pete Carroll & Tom Cable) played it off as Baldwin trying to quiet down everyone by shoving Cable to keep him from talking OVER what the >>>>TEAM LEADER<<<<>>>> RUSSELL WILSON <<<< WAS SAYING.
Nice try though Shamoo.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":3d44mfdg said:
Love how Baldwin has matured over the years. He seems to really get how to lead alongside others.

To those that claim Russell isn't a leader on the team, I have to believe they just don't know enough about leadership themselves to understand there is a vast array of leadership styles that can be effective.

Agree. Not saying RW isn't a leader, just that right now he's not the leader.

That hat is being worn by Baldwin right now though my sense is Baldwin would happily give it up should Wilson decide to take on that role.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":355a53zf said:
Milehighhawk":355a53zf said:
Love how Baldwin has matured over the years. He seems to really get how to lead alongside others.

To those that claim Russell isn't a leader on the team, I have to believe they just don't know enough about leadership themselves to understand there is a vast array of leadership styles that can be effective.

That hat is being worn by Baldwin right now though my sense is Baldwin would happily give it up should Wilson decide to take on that role.
It boils down to YOUR not understanding that Russell Wilson IS THE leader of the Seahawks Offense, and that Doug Baldwin is riding on the Russell Wilson train.
Proof is, IF Doug Baldwin were to be injured, the season wouldn't come to an abrupt end, the same cannot be said about Russell Wilson, eh?

IrishNW

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1rjvmhnh said:
semiahmoo":1rjvmhnh said:
Milehighhawk":1rjvmhnh said:

It boils down to YOUR not understanding that Russell Wilson IS THE leader of the Seahawks Offense, and that Doug Baldwin is riding on the Russell Wilson train.
Proof is, IF Doug Baldwin were to be injured, the season wouldn't come to an abrupt end, the same cannot be said about Russell Wilson, eh?

That does not make someone a leader

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
IrishNW":2f14mg9s said:
scutterhawk":2f14mg9s said:
semiahmoo":2f14mg9s said:
Milehighhawk":2f14mg9s said:

True.

And that is why Baldwin is the primary leader of this team right now. It's not a knock against RW so much as an acknowledgement of how far Baldwin has come as a talent and the heartbeat of the Seahawks.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Uh, hello. If you guys don't know by now that the real heart and soul of the Hawks is provided by Mascot Coordinator Shawn Christopherson, you're never going to get it.

sutz

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":4b1nwbh7 said:
Uh, hello. If you guys don't know by now that the real heart and soul of the Hawks is provided by Mascot Coordinator Shawn Christopherson, you're never going to get it.
You know you were not supposed to let that out of the bag, Souix. Now everybody is going to know. :twisted:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
semiahmoo":38xs5pog said:
IrishNW":38xs5pog said:
scutterhawk":38xs5pog said:
semiahmoo":38xs5pog said:

True.

And that is why Baldwin is the primary leader of this team right now. It's not a knock against RW so much as an acknowledgement of how far Baldwin has come as a talent and the heartbeat of the Seahawks.
Nope, IF DB was the "THE Leader", he'd have been the one doing the talking with the O-Line instead of being one of the listeners when "THE LEADER" Russell Wilson was doing the talking.
Baldwin interrupted Tom Cable so's HIS LEADER would have everyone's UNDEVIDED attention.....INCLUDING HIMSELF.

Seymour

Reaction score
Does Jimmy Graham get to vote who's team this is?
"It's crazy, because at those moments, [Russell] has the most confidence you've ever seen him with," Graham said of his quarterback after the game. "It's just unbelievable his mindset, his focus at those times, how upbeat he is. You believe every time, if there's 20 seconds left on the clock that we're going to score, that we're going to hit that Hail Mary. It's just unbelievable, his actions. His demeanor in the huddle is just unbelievable."