This game really worries me.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Arians doesn't respect Seattle, in my opinion. Hence his comments about how the World Champion Seahawks will also get up for the game because they haven't been doing this 100 years.

He also is very likely the NFC West coach who anonymously dismissed Wilson.

I bet the Seahawks know how this guy feels, and they will take the overrated trash to the garbage to prove it.

evergreen

Reaction score
You can't use those games earlier in the season to reason why we can lose. We have 10/11 on D now and RW and Lynch, and Ryan and Houscha. Last week was the time to worry. No one can beat us now.

OP
OP
Chawks1

Chawks1

Reaction score
Looks like no Okung, no Unger, and possibly no Sweezy (or at best Sweezy with a bad ankle). But no chance we lose? If RW stays alive it would be a victory. But to win the game I still stand by what I have said. The D and ST need to score. Not just shutdown AZ offense but put points on the board.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Chawks1":glqwfujr said:
Looks like no Okung, no Unger, and possibly no Sweezy (or at best Sweezy with a bad ankle). But no chance we lose? If RW stays alive it would be a victory. But to win the game I still stand by what I have said. The D and ST need to score. Not just shutdown AZ offense but put points on the board.

Your implication here is that Arizona will certainly have more success against our defense than we will have against theirs.

What is it that makes you think that Arizona will have any success at all against our defense?

OP
OP
Chawks1

Chawks1

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2qi93hkl said:
Chawks1":2qi93hkl said:

Your implication here is that Arizona will certainly have more success against our defense than we will have against theirs.

What is it that makes you think that Arizona will have any success at all against our defense?[/

None. I think The D will have no trouble slowing them down. My posts have all said we will stop AZ offense. Their only hope of success against our D are trick plays, a fluke deep ball, or PI calls downfield (which I am sure is part of their gameplan). But we need to score on D and ST to win.......our offense will have very little success on the road vs their D, IMO. The cards shutdown Lynch a few weeks ago. And RW got sacked 7 times. On the road, with this OL, with whatever adjustments Arians has made, and with all our pre snap penalties I think we will struggle on offense. That's why our D and ST need to get us at least 10-14 points.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Chawks1":22idxhsc said:
None. I think The D will have no trouble slowing them down. My posts have all said we will stop AZ offense. Their only hope of success against our D are trick plays, a fluke deep ball, or PI calls downfield (which I am sure is part of their gameplan).

Okay, fair. So shouldn't it be the case for them as well that THEIR defense/special teams needs to score for them to beat us?

marko358

Reaction score
What a schizophrenic fan base. You see posts all over the board about going into the playoffs and being able to beat anyone, including Aaron Rodgers at Lambeau to posts about not feeling good about our chances to beat Ryan Lindley.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
marko358":2zh04k1j said:
What a schizophrenic fan base. You see posts all over the board about going into the playoffs and being able to beat anyone, including Aaron Rodgers at Lambeau to posts about not feeling good about our chances to beat Ryan Lindley.
Because you don't beat QBs, you beat teams. It's very likely we will win on Sunday, but Arizona's defense is far more capable of shutting down a team than GB's. I think we will win on Sunday by 2 scores but Arizona's defense is capable of keeping the game close.

olyfan63

Reaction score
marko358":1ymg67p3 said:

Do you have anything football-wise to contribute, or just the trite social philosophy observation above, a basically meaningless diss of the "range" of emotion the posters on the board feel? Memo: Football is an emotional game. That's a huge part of its appeal.

Oh, and yes, I'm sure you must represent "normal" and "correct" and "acceptable" (even politically correct?) in the midst of all this schizophrenic-ness.

Can you be a model, or is your "game" only and always about being a critic?

What do YOU think and feel about this game and why?

Myself, I am all over the map, but logic tells me I should feel confident the 'Hawks will win decisively, that AZ has no real way to score on us with Lindley at QB, and Arians is playing little psychological games that won't matter when it comes to making plays on the field. As far as Arians plans and schemes go, to quote that *other* renowned social philosopher, Mike Tyson, "Evrybody comes in wid a plan. And den dey get punched in da mouf."

A lot of us still have house-of-horrors memories of Seahawks seasons past. Of 2005 and SB XL. Of AFC West days of our undersized defense being run over by the KC Chiefs beefy O-Line. Of pretty much the whole 90s of Kelly Stouffer, Stan Gelbaugh, Dan McGwire, John Friesz. (Warren Moon being the bright spot) House of horrors memories of "We want the ball and we're going to score!" Except for the other team with a pick-6. And then there's the city history like the 116 win record-setting Mariners being taken out AGAIN by the Yankees. This year, the Sounders, with the league's best record, lose to the LA Galaxy on MLS's new-this-year tiebreaker rule, despite games being 1-1 with same number of overall goals. We've just been hurt and emotionally abused and let down by our teams, the refs, the leagues, too many times, to ever really feel safe.

With all that as a backdrop, it's hard for a lot of us not to feel that Arizona will find some weird, sick, fluky way to beat us, despite us outplaying them and being overall clearly the better team. For an in-season example this year, see St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26. Basically St. Louis was +14 in special teams, plus a balls-the-size-of-the-moon 4th down fake punt from their own 30, a pass for a first down by the punter, to then run out the clock. If Arizona can pull a Jeff Fisher on us, there is truly a weird, sick way they could win this game. 1 out of every 100 times.

OP
OP
Chawks1

Chawks1

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2jqt92wx said:
Chawks1":2jqt92wx said:
None. I think The D will have no trouble slowing them down. My posts have all said we will stop AZ offense. Their only hope of success against our D are trick plays, a fluke deep ball, or PI calls downfield (which I am sure is part of their gameplan).

Okay, fair. So shouldn't it be the case for them as well that THEIR defense/special teams needs to score for them to beat us?

Yes. Could be a draw if no one makes a big play on D. Comes down to field position.

OP
OP
Chawks1

Chawks1

Reaction score
Largent80":1hkjdzym said:
If Sweezy can't go who mans the RG spot?....Yeesh, this could be ugly.

Then it's a cluster....jean pierre slides to RG, Lewis starts at C, bailey at LT. All is well though cuz we still have Carp at LG and Britt at RT???? RW will be lucky to leave the game in one piece with this scenario.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Chawks1":3ougqr3y said:
MidwestHawker":3ougqr3y said:
Chawks1":3ougqr3y said:

Yes. Could be a draw if no one makes a big play on D. Comes down to field position.

While anything is possible, a tie is the least likely outcome by miles. I agree with you about this being a low-scoring and ugly affair...I don't agree that the two teams are mostly just going to go 3-and-out and punt the ball back and forth for 60-75 minutes. Moving the ball was a struggle last time around, but it wasn't THAT much of a struggle that we can't expect to score a bit.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Chawks1":3gc0up70 said:
MidwestHawker":3gc0up70 said:
Chawks1":3gc0up70 said:

No way AZ can win without pulling a Jeff Fisher on us. Can their punter pass as well as Johnny Hekker? He was a HS QB I gather. Does Arians have a new fake FG TD Pass play like Fisher punked us with in 2012? (I think that was Hekker 's golden arm too) Does AZ have a "Homerun Throwback" punt return play, to match Fisher's Rams misdirection punt return TD earlier this season?

To beat us, AZ has to be +14 on special teams scores and defensive scores, and +3 on a 4th down trick play conversion to run out the clock. (+3 for the game-winning FG we didn't get because of it)
In that case, they win by 2 like the Lambs.

OP
OP
Chawks1

Chawks1

Reaction score
Hmmmmmmm, I must of been crazy to be worried.....we got this.

vonstout

Reaction score
I think we have more penalty yards than they have total offense. We better get our heads out of our a$$ with the pre-snap penalties. The stripes are going to let Arizona spear RW and not throw a flag but if breath on them it's a flag.

OP
OP
Chawks1

Chawks1

Reaction score
Never mind I forgot Lynch can carry the team on a single run. Pay the man!