The Red Herring theory

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
two dog":g4o4a805 said:
Your theory sounds reasonable. I think Spriggs will be gone when the 26th pick happens.
There is scant chance they will take my guy, Ryan Kelly, so defensive line it is.

Unless they trade down, because I don't think Schneider's comments about draft depth
and having 200 players on their draft board are designed to mislead.
Given that perceived depth, trading down may have been the intent all the time if they
did not deem anyone likely to be available at 26 to be a first round talent.

Of course you have to find a trade partner and that's not always easy.
Also, funny things happen in the draft and a guy they really like but did not expect to be
available suddenly is there at 26.

I don't think Schneider is trying to mislead when he says they have 200 players on their draft board either. I think they really honestly do ... which is why I believe that their primary objective will be to TRADE DOWN. If they can swing a deal with say Denver for the #31 or more likely Cleveland at the very top of the 2nd Round and pick up an extra 4th Rounder -- why the heck not?

two dog":g4o4a805 said:
The quickening man, can you feel it?

Highlander reference!! Nicely done. :th2thumbs:
[youtube]4AoOa-Fz2kw[/youtube]

titan3131

Reaction score
for the next 2 nights I will be sacrificing goats to the draft God's so that rankins falls to us.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
The Seahawks are more straight forward than other teams. They are not going to make their intentions obvious, but they also tend not to waste their time exploring a draft prospect unless they have genuine interest. They explore many different options at positions of need, which is why they draft at those position groups where they have interviewed a lot of players. Carroll said nice things when asked about Bradford and Manziel because he tends to say positive things about all players.