The real reason the Seahawks got killed on Sunday

projectorfreak

Reaction score
I had a bad feeling about it and we got invited to a family watch party which i almost never do and said well , if were gonna get smoked by a team i think could really embarras us id rather do it with family around and it worked as i didn't feel that bad afterwards so yay , the wife saved me from all the hell i would've not enjoyed at home lol
Go Hawks

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I’m all for more Bobo. In fact if you reverse the last two letters you get boob. Who doesn’t like a good boob?
:cool:

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
My take on it is....
We have a really talented roster, but with almost all 32 teams trying to play the exact same offense, and the exact same defense, it appears the available talent pool is really shallow for those types of players right now. Seahawk's simply dived into these schemes a bit later than everybody else did.

Things I would like to see on offense....
As in, more old style smash-mouth-style football utilizing the I formation. I've thought for four years that back up center, 299 lb Joey Hunt, could transition into a really dominant blocking full back. He already knows the plays, and more importantly, he knows the offensive line calls. Also, we have four different half backs on the roster that can catch the ball and expose the opposing teams linebacker flat areas, so why not utilize the T formation as well, and throw to those half backs out in space? That could really open up the screen game and take some of that pass rush/blitz pressure off of our team's quarterback.

Things I would like to see on defense....
A return to the 4-3 scheme, using four down lineman, and really put pressure on the opposing quarterbacks. It's my belief that the 4-3 fits our current talent much better than the 3-4 does (see first paragraph), and I don't see the Hawk's acquiring a top notch 345 lb nose tackle anytime soon. Another thing I would like to see on defense is fewer Jamal Adams blitzes, because our competition seems to have adjusted to that, and it just ends up being long running gains for those opposing teams that can call an audible. If the Hawk's indeed have 2 or 3 of the best safeties in the league, plus 2 of the fastest corner backs in the league, then why not run more corner blitzes. By the way, I also find run blitzes to be much more effective out of the 4-3 scheme too, which also seems to be kind of a lost art these days.

In closing....
USA General Douglas MacArthur once said, "Hit 'em where they ain't." That works too, but....
My football take on that would be, hit 'em where ever you find them, just make sure to hit them with bigger, faster, and more poundage! Big Woof to all those Devil Dogs out there - USMC 248th birthday this Friday!

Last edited:

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
What we SHOULD have done is give Myers some shots at 70+ yarders.

That could have been the difference maker. And it would have energized the hell out of this team!

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Want to improve Time of Possession for this offense 5 fold?
Take a knee three straight times, and punt!