The play of the game against Rams was...

Msfann

Reaction score
I think ET's was the one that put the game away, we were up by 14 and the rams had a great drive going and looked like they were going to only be down by 7. Then POW it was our ball at the 20.

That play cost them 7 probably and gave us the ball.

Lets just call them both plays of game!

evergreen

Reaction score
Hill's pick was a 10-14 point play. But Earl's was an all time facial for the rams. No penetration! Denied! The D is amazing. It's weird, but we seem stronger on the road as of late. On offense at least....

byau

Reaction score
tom sawyer":118814c5 said:
Earl Thomas knocked the ball from Benny Cunningham at the 1-yard line

Oh, I can't wait to see the gif of that beautiful play!!

ET!!!

Gets my vote too. Most indicative of the never say die attitude. Literally just inches away from the endzone and the TD is negated AND change of possession. That's just like an interception in the endzone.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Earl Thomas denying Cunningham for sure. Epitomizes what the D is about, never giving up on any play to the very end.

Cunningham is one tough SOB though. I think a normal human would have had his arm shattered by that Earl karate chop.

Largent80

Reaction score
We started singing the Seminoles chop song while chopping after that ET play. It was amazing.

All of the plays mentioned were special.

What a great team we have...... :179417:

lsheldon

Reaction score
While Earl's goal line move to prevent a touchdown was one of his best plays of the year for him, and likely took what was left in their sails away I think the pivotal play was Hill's interception. Marshawn scored our first TD because of that play and changed momentum. Up until that play it was a hard fought game and could have gone either way just as easily if they had scored on that drive and we couldn't stop them.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Thomas, Irvin, Hill and Richardsons catch were all huge plays. Without one of them and we may not have won the game. 3 wins left and we are partying!

byau

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2khdfz7s said:
I'm partial to the P-Rich deep catch while draped over Jenkins.

This for me is a close 2nd. In fact I'm wimping out and doing a defensive play of the game (Earl Thomas) and offensive play of the game (P-Rich)

Why?

Because of what they signify. ET3 signifying that on D every play can be a big play or big stop

On offense, that's the first 50-50 ball in memory that Russell has thrown to this receiving corps. That is HUGE. You watch last year and the year before, he threw those up to Tate and Rice. This year, he hasn't given our receivers those 50/50 passes - whether he is being more protective, he doesn't trust them, etc.etc. He is throwing higher percentage catchable passes to the current receiving corp which does manifest in longer scrambles and more sacks.

I've started watching 2012 again (hey, it's bye week) and Russell definitely gets passes out quicker and downfield to Tate and Rice a lot more and in what I'd call the 50/50 range.

So in short, the 50/50 to P-Rich signifies that Russell has found that new playmaking receiver to be in sync with.

trharder

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1itodxxj said:
All of those plays are contenders. What makes ET's "chop" at the 2 inch line even more remarkable is that he somehow had the presence of mind to scoop the ball after the fumble and boost it through the endzone. Watch closely; he does. Who does that? ET does that!
I saw that too. I guess it doesn't matter "how" , or by "who" the ball gets knocked through the end zone? I don't mind admitting I was having a little trouble wrapping my mind around the rule and what went down there. I noticed Warren Moon did too. He initially called it a safety.

Giblien

Reaction score
That play by Earl was absolutely unreal and it is a perfect example of his smarts and tenacity as a player. That will be on his highlight reel when he gets inducted to the HOF one day.

trharder

Reaction score
Giblien":2nnh4gzu said:
That play by Earl was absolutely unreal and it is a perfect example of his smarts and tenacity as a player. That will be on his highlight reel when he gets inducted to the HOF one day.
Like Earl said about Marshawn's crotch grab... "That's what he do". Paul Allen pays ET a lot of money. We should expect no less, as I'm sure ET doesn't expect any less from himself.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
The turning point of the game isn't the same thing as the play of the game. Beastquake 2.0 was the play of the game vs AZ, it wasn't the turning point. Hill was the turning point vs the Rams.

ET was the play of the game.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":k1o4l8ym said:
The turning point of the game isn't the same thing as the play of the game. Beastquake 2.0 was the play of the game vs AZ, it wasn't the turning point. Hill was the turning point vs the Rams.

ET was the play of the game.

Exactly my thoughts! Hill's play came at the most critical time, so it had the most impact. A very heads-up, athletic play for a big man; however, from a difficulty standpoint, Earls required equal athleticism, more speed and more headwork, as he not only chopped the ball free with inches to spare, but still had the presence of mind to scoop it for the touchback.