The obsession with how many titles we have

shawnsim

Reaction score
Its our fan base. We are the most admired/hated fans in the league. They just wish they could be like us.

One play? Yes.

Entire game? Not a chance.

It eats them up. It is simple jealousy.

"How can a fan base with no titles inspire this much love?"

Simple jealousy.

Giedi

Reaction score
BreesIsOverrated":1v8232gy said:
I just find it funny that fans from the 49ers and other fanbases obsess that we haven't won a Super Bowl yet.... and that our city supposedly sucks as a sports town. I know we only have one major modern Pro title (1979 NBA)... but I never see the same thing being said about well... pretty much any other city. What makes us so much more hated than San Diego, Phoenix, Buffalo, Minneapolis, Cleveland, Nashville, Charlotte, Jacksonville, Atlanta, New Orleans, Cincinnati...etc and many more that have accomplished in most cases the same or LESS than our city has? It's like they have some personal vendetta against Seattle winning another title.

The 'Hawk 12th man is definitely not overrated. They are a formidable team advantage for Seattle. I think that may have something to do with the 49er fans pointing constantly to their history. The Seattle fans are dedicated and vociferous and give you guys probably a good +2 wins a year alone on that excellent support you give to your team. The Bay Area doesn't have a 12th man that comes even within a mile of the Seattle 12th man.

The other reason, and probably more important reason, is that Seattle is a good team this year. Nobody cares about the Rams this year. Why? They suck. Tampa Bay, same thing. Atlanta Falcons. Seattle is the class of the NFC and probably the NFL, and so the only way to counter that is past history that proves the opposing team used to be the class of the NFL the way Seattle is now. It should not be surprising, and Seattle fans should expect it, and simply move on to more relevant issues like match ups and strategy.

Tical21

Reaction score
The other cities get it all the time too from teams like Pitt, Dallas, SF, etc.

And it is well deserved IMO. The history of pro sports in this city is beyond sad. I'll wear it. Gotta win some rings.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Hey, the ladies with the Seattle Storm are consistently in the conference semifinals and have brought the bacon home twice.

They're Seattle's true champions in my eyes, that is until the Seahawks finish their campaign.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Old trophies has ZERO relevance to present performance! I won bowling trophies as a kid that doesn't mean I'm going to shoot 300 every game from that point on.

If you're crowing about old trophies then it means you are insecure with your team's present and near future performance.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2xpt2h8c said:
Old trophies has ZERO relevance to present performance! I won bowling trophies as a kid that doesn't mean I'm going to shoot 300 every game from that point on.
Yeah, but you still have fond memories when you think back on it, don't you?

chawx

Reaction score
1459282_10202885346955430_674845198_n.jpg

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":36g49hua said:
Sports Hernia":36g49hua said:
Yeah, but you still have fond memories when you think back on it, don't you?
Meh, it was always cool as a kid to get one, but the tarnish wore off quick.
I wouldn't gloat about them 25+ years later, I've had better accomplishments on the lanes as an adult since then, but most of your better bowlers have done what I've done and more so it's not even a point of discussion and a I would never throw those accomplishments in someone's face that hasn't reached that level yet. That's a dickish move and as stated shows insecurity via a perceived threat.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
As countless people have said, "It's not the ending, but the journey to it." Getting that final trophy makes the path you took to get there much sweeter. Come on, man; just admit it. Of course the 49ers fans are dickheads for how much they bring it up and under what circumstances, but just laughing it off as irrelevant to even think about or mention is you kind of doing the same thing on the opposite side of the spectrum.

OP
OP
B

BreesIsOverrated

Reaction score
Tical21":b1bdh2bb said:

And it is well deserved IMO. The history of pro sports in this city is beyond sad. I'll wear it. Gotta win some rings.
Beyond sad? I disagree. Maybe compared to Boston... but those cities I listed are no better. Phoenix has ALL 4 major sports teams with a grand total of 1 title... And how long have the Mariners and Seahawks been here? 35 years... LOL. Yeah our teams are ancient.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Giedi":sjo4vxvn said:
BreesIsOverrated":sjo4vxvn said:
I just find it funny that fans from the 49ers and other fanbases obsess that we haven't won a Super Bowl yet.... and that our city supposedly sucks as a sports town. I know we only have one major modern Pro title (1979 NBA)... but I never see the same thing being said about well... pretty much any other city. What makes us so much more hated than San Diego, Phoenix, Buffalo, Minneapolis, Cleveland, Nashville, Charlotte, Jacksonville, Atlanta, New Orleans, Cincinnati...etc and many more that have accomplished in most cases the same or LESS than our city has? It's like they have some personal vendetta against Seattle winning another title.

The 'Hawk 12th man is definitely not overrated. They are a formidable team advantage for Seattle. I think that may have something to do with the 49er fans pointing constantly to their history. The Seattle fans are dedicated and vociferous and give you guys probably a good +2 wins a year alone on that excellent support you give to your team. The Bay Area doesn't have a 12th man that comes even within a mile of the Seattle 12th man.

The other reason, and probably more important reason, is that Seattle is a good team this year. Nobody cares about the Rams this year. Why? They suck. Tampa Bay, same thing. Atlanta Falcons. Seattle is the class of the NFC and probably the NFL, and so the only way to counter that is past history that proves the opposing team used to be the class of the NFL the way Seattle is now. It should not be surprising, and Seattle fans should expect it, and simply move on to more relevant issues like match ups and strategy.

This was cogently written. I agree, especially with your last sentence. Hawk and 9r fans can have profitable discussions about more important aspects of the game than just history, with players that are no longer playing, or even alive now.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":2n8olb0i said:
Hey, the ladies with the Seattle Storm are consistently in the conference semifinals and have brought the bacon home twice.

They're Seattle's true champions in my eyes, that is until the Seahawks finish their campaign.
Zing!!! Women for the win.:)

Tical21

Reaction score
BreesIsOverrated":uouplhfm said:
Tical21":uouplhfm said:

Beyond sad? I disagree. Maybe compared to Boston... but those cities I listed are no better. Phoenix has ALL 4 major sports teams with a grand total of 1 title... And how long have the Mariners and Seahawks been here? 35 years... LOL. Yeah our teams are ancient.
Dude, you just compared us to Phoenix like it was something to be proud of.

I get it, we all want respect and think we deserve it. But we haven't won a darn thing. Until we do, we'll continue to be a laughing stock with a nice novelty of a loud fanbase.

dunceface

Reaction score
Tical21":w0bc55eq said:
BreesIsOverrated":w0bc55eq said:
Tical21":w0bc55eq said:

Dude, you just compared us to Phoenix like it was something to be proud of.

I get it, we all want respect and think we deserve it. But we haven't won a darn thing. Until we do, we'll continue to be a laughing stock with a nice novelty of a loud fanbase.

novelty? please..

TheHawkster

Reaction score
We could have claimed another Stanley Cup in 1918 and/or 1919 but a huge flu epidemic broke out across the country.
People were getting sick everywhere.

dunceface

Reaction score
TheHawkster":3petfonm said:
We could have claimed another Stanley Cup in 1918 and/or 1919 but a huge flu epidemic broke out across the country.
People were getting sick everywhere.

EAST COAST BIAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!