The Niner hype thread

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
This entire week is bound to be filled with media coverage of the game that is certain of a Niners win in Seattle. Every argument imaginable, from Kaeperstank greatness, Crabtree's return, Boldin's physicality and most of all, stats that were made everywhere but the Clink will be talked about in blogs, columns, NFLN, radio and network TV.

Rather than make a thread for every comment an "expert" makes, maybe we can keep it here and have a solid collection to remind ourselves of how the Hawks have no chance Sunday. It is already in full force with Eric Davis and Jeff Garcia and there are certainly going to be far more.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
I am also reading how SF is the "hottest team in the league right now" and are "best suited to beat Seattle in Seattle". Getting sick of hearing how SF is like Hansel in Zoolander. However, to be fair, most articles I've read today are picking us to win, but barely.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Funny, how can they be the hottest team in football right now when their weighted dvoa (which emphasizes recent games more than earlier ones) is 21.4% and Seattle's is 43.7%?

We're by far the hottest team in football.

OP
OP
loafoftatupu

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I won't listen to KJR this week, I cannot handle another week of Millen, well except that the Hawks prove him wrong all the time.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
No doubt many board members are going to struggle with the attention the 9ers get this week. It will seem as though the hawks are the underdog...

its all part of the story line. Saying the Hawks are unbeatable at home and should romp doesnt add to the build.

that said... what an epic Sunday for the NFL.

Pstark3

Reaction score
I feel like people are too busy focusing on our offensive woes and forgetting just how incredibly our defense is. After what I saw from Kaep yesterday, and his recent history with the 12's along with how lights out our Defense has really been, Idk man I just can't see it happening

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I will be avoiding most of the media shows this week. It's going to be a tough game but I don't buy the hype as many do. They have won a lot of games, some very impressively. They are on a hot streak right now but I still love our chances this Sunday.

djb28

Reaction score
I watched NFL am and they just talked about how Wilson will need to step up his game . They gave equal time and analysis on both teams.

Penman96

Reaction score
The media disrespect is welcome. the Seahawks have a history of feeding off it. Prime example was week two vs. the 9er's, Sherm called called out the "idoits" after the game. This week just let them talk, the more the better.

OP
OP
loafoftatupu

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
They aren't all doing it. Kevin Burkhardt, who called the game for Fox Saturday, said that he can't see anyone beating the Hawks anywhere. He was straight on it because he watched the game. His exact response to the comment about the passing numbers was "They don't need a lot of passing numbers" and "The Saints had a lot of phantom yards that are going to be deceiving". There was another radio host claiming SF is an automatic loss, which I found odd, but most every one I have heard has SF coming in and winning here. Based on the same reasons those guys that picked the Saints used.

Hey, I don't care if these guys pick the Niners, that is fine, the Niners might win! it COULD happen, but don't try to back it with stats. The last two times the Niners came in here, in the previous game they had huge numbers, won big games and were the darling pick of the league, only to get killed here.

Seeker

Reaction score
phrases you will hear add nauseum this week.

- San Francisco has won 8 straight leading up to this game.

- They have three number one receivers, Seattle's receiving core is pedestrian at best (look for that pedestrian word verbatim)

- You guys no one has enough db's to handle crabtree,davis, and boldin

- Colin Kaepernick has his target back in crabtree

- Russell Wilson has been on a slump as of late, hampered further by extremely conservative playcalling.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
ED on NFLAM the voice of reason.

Hawks D is for real and nothing to worry about. D shut down a Hall of Fame QB for 3 qtrs and defenses play much different w/ a good lead late in a game. This allows O's to put up a lot of yards/pts easier because you have the cusion(garbage time).

Brees is a HoF qb that is going to get his yards and make some things happen. D dropped a couple picks that would have totally changed the final numbers which they don't normally drop.

A defense does not play a whole year and come out number 1 with "smoke and mirrors".

So, in fairness, not all bad out there.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I hope they hype the shit out of the Niners all week.

I hope no one gives us a chance.

I hope our players feel disrespected, and the chip is firmly back on their collective shoulders.

OP
OP
loafoftatupu

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
oregonhawkfan":fd2wnn8p said:
ED on NFLAM the voice of reason.

Hawks D is for real and nothing to worry about. D shut down a Hall of Fame QB for 3 qtrs and defenses play much different w/ a good lead late in a game. This allows O's to put up a lot of yards/pts easier because you have the cusion(garbage time).

Brees is a HoF qb that is going to get his yards and make some things happen. D dropped a couple picks that would have totally changed the final numbers which they don't normally drop.

A defense does not play a whole year and come out number 1 with "smoke and mirrors".

So, in fairness, not all bad out there.

I have to give ED some credit, he does ride his Niner's jock, but for a guy that was a Niner and currently on the staff in their communications, he does give the Hawks their props at times. After the 29-3 beatdown, he was seriously dejected and like "Oh man, this is a terrible day"

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Hawks46":24xbi70x said:

I hope our players feel disrespected, and the chip is firmly back on their collective shoulders.

Exactly. I wouldn't want it any other way. Our team is team underdog. It's made up of the guys with gigantic chips on their shoulders. Even when they are favored, they find reasons to feel disrespected. I want everyone and their mother outside of Seattle picking SF.

So far I'm seeing a lot of hedging going on with the pundits saying, "It's tough to win in Seattle. But if there's a team that can do it, it's SF." That's not exactly going out on a limb. In typical mediot fashion, they're protecting themselves for either outcome. But I have a feeling that as the week goes on, we're going to see them get a bit more emboldened with taking SF for the upset. SF looks amazing right now, Seattle looks like crap on offense. BRING IT.

GO HAWKS.

The Radish

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":698w0l98 said:
Funny, how can they be the hottest team in football right now when their weighted dvoa (which emphasizes recent games more than earlier ones) is 21.4% and Seattle's is 43.7%?

We're by far the hottest team in football.

Stats, stats, stats, stats. Merely a blur of number way in the background that mean nothing. :roll:

It seems you forget they have won 8 in a row and certainly are the hottest team in football right now.

To many people talk down about them because of something that sounds like their phone numbers. On the field they are getting it done better than us recently.

Am I saying they are going to beat us, hell no. But I'm not foolish enough to think Russell Wilson is going to take your dvoa and have it run through the ninnir line, or throw it to Golden Tate for a TD.

That crap is fine for fantasy but trust me no numbers you have dreamed up/applied now is worth a damn this coming Sunday.

:141847_bnono:

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
SeaTown81":rbmo99ht said:
Hawks46":rbmo99ht said:

Exactly. I wouldn't want it any other way. Our team is team underdog. It's made up of the guys with gigantic chips on their shoulders. Even when they are favored, they find reasons to feel disrespected. I want everyone and their mother outside of Seattle picking SF.

So far I'm seeing a lot of hedging going on with the pundits saying, "It's tough to win in Seattle. But if there's a team that can do it, it's SF." That's not exactly going out on a limb. In typical mediot fashion, they're protecting themselves for either outcome. But I have a feeling that as the week goes on, we're going to see them get a bit more emboldened with taking SF for the upset. SF looks amazing right now, Seattle looks like crap on offense. BRING IT.

GO HAWKS.

I agree with both these posts. I want the Seahawks to feel disrespected this week and then come out on fire Sunday afternoon.

I'm pretty surprised the game opened in Vegas with Seattle only a 3.5 point favorite. I figured it would be a couple points higher than that, given these teams history in the Clink. I think after the mediots talk and talk and talk this week the Vegas line is going to get down below 3.

Seahawks know how to stay focused and if they feel slighted, we have seen what happens when they put it all together.

amill87

Reaction score
Seeker":163gnvwj said:
phrases you will hear add nauseum this week.

- You guys no one has enough db's to handle crabtree,davis, and boldin

Wait has anyone actually said this? No one is that stupid....

Bluesbro

Reaction score
It's tied in the bottom of the 9th, time for the big one - Goose in Top Gun

Congrats on the win against NO. This game should be the biggest game of the year in the NFL. The two best teams in the NFL, and each others biggest threat. This is just how it had to be. It is going to be one long off season for one of these fans bases. Good luck, and I hope it is a clean game and no one gets hurt.

The NFC West rules!

Latest posts