The honest truth is...

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Injuries came after most of our losses. Can't really count them when we do better after they happened.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
I also disagree with the sentiment that this team is just not that good. They didn't play well, they underperformed. That is what happened but to say they aren't that good strikes me as a statement you make when a team plays to the best of its ability but that ability is not able to win. That is not the Seahawks.

I felt this year's team was all within our control, both victories and losses. Looking at yesterday's game, I still feel that way. Hopefully I feel that way again next year because it is a far sight better than the decades of Seahawks teams I've watched in the past.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
The honest truth is that our losses from close games at the start of the year meant winning the Super Bowl with 3 straight road games would be a monumental feat.

The team and players need to realize how important each game is to getting to the Super Bowl because a bye and home field has a very significant advantage. When you are playing other great teams, you need every advantage you can get.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Biggest issue was coaching, their in ability or lack of wanting to change the spread sooner, and then going away from it at times during the season.

12thbrah

Reaction score
This team lost about 4 games this season it should have won which would have given us home field at least in the divisional round.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":2zcbvzq4 said:
The team and players need to realize how important each game is to getting to the Super Bowl because a bye and home field has a very significant advantage. When you are playing other great teams, you need every advantage you can get.

I think our players did learn this during the last two playoff games. That they just can't flip a switch halfway through the season and expect to get to the SB. Just relying on their superior talent isn't good enough, stuff like HFA and winning your division matters.

As much as it hurt yesterday, I truly believe this season was a learning experience for our coaches and players. I expect a renewed commitment and fire come next season.

razor150

Reaction score
We are where we are at because we have such a bad offensive line. We were 10-6 because he have a terrible o-line, and we lost our identity on offense due to it along with an injured aging Lynch. We only started to win after finding a new offensive identity, one that was basically to cover up our biggest weakness on offense. It is hard to cover up that weakness against good defenses.

Until we get a decent o-line this is what we'll look like. Good defenses will blow up our offensive line, destroying our original game plan causing our offense to sputter till adjustments can be made. We've seen this time and time again. We had the same offensive problems last year, it is why we should have lost to Green Bay, and one of the reasons we lost the Super Bowl. When we look back at our defensive collapses over the last 2 years and really say the offense was doing it's part?

Get an average o-line for Russell Wilson, with a healthy Rawls and Graham and the playoffs would have been a cake walk. Wilson proved this year if given adequate time he can carve up a defense from the pocket. I hope at some point Carroll and Schneider realize that and put a priority on building up our o-line so that it can do more then run block. There isn't a single o-lineman that we have that we shouldn't replace. The only one that would be worth keeping for the right money would be Okung, but he is never healthy, and he doesn't play well when injured. When healthy he is fairly good, but he is almost never healthy so he really isn't worth the investment.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
WilliamCooper":2s9xlkco said:
This team was just not that good. If it weren't for elite QB play of Russ, this would be a 7-9/8-8 team at best. We started 2-4, it is a statistical anomaly that we got this far.

This year we want 2-4 then 5-5 and ended up at 10-6 with the 6 seed.
Last year we went 3-3 then 6-4 to finish 12-4 with the 1 seed.

An early to mid season difference of one game, and we were just a single play, in several games, away from matching last year's record. Only a couple of plays away from bettering it.

It's not that we were so much worse, the competition has just gotten better and had a luckier year. 12-4 wouldn't have even won our division this year unless one of those extra wins was against Az.

-bsd

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
razor150":2cepr2x5 said:
Get an average o-line for Russell Wilson, with a healthy Rawls and Graham and the playoffs would have been a cake walk. Wilson proved this year if given adequate time he can carve up a defense from the pocket. I hope at some point Carroll and Schneider realize that and put a priority on building up our o-line so that it can do more then run block. There isn't a single o-lineman that we have that we shouldn't replace. The only one that would be worth keeping for the right money would be Okung, but he is never healthy, and he doesn't play well when injured. When healthy he is fairly good, but he is almost never healthy so he really isn't worth the investment.

I agree here except for the caveat that not many olines can hold off a pass rush for more than a couple of seconds. I saw yesterday when Wilson gets the ball out he is doing better in the 5 to 6 yard territory than in the 20 yard attacks.

We aren't equipped on the oline for such plays every play or every other play. It just seemed that we just are above the short pass game and have to throw big. Maybe that's cause of Russ' height and dink passes are tough.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
1st The Cary Williams pickup and Pete being stubborn waiting for what he thought CW was going to be.2nd Kams holdout
that cost us a couple too plus Kam losing a step hurts a lot where that TE defense is concerned.3rd DB can't call a game worth the crap with Beast in backfield.Without Beast the spread comes in and playcalling is great.4thThe OL does great in spread offense but one or the other pass/run in non spread.I disagree with the OP btw, there are many reasons why we didn't have a better record as you see in responding posts.

rcaido

Reaction score
If Lane or Shead was in it in the beginning, this is a 16-0 or maybe 15-1 damn those Rams. Too many close games we should have won.

We have more talent then any other team. We just needed to gel & get rid of Cary Kriptonite Williams. Now we know what this team can do on offense, its time to protect the QB.

Undefeated next year! Go Hawks

hoxrox

Reaction score
Fake fan troll alert.

Fake fan trolls = posters who pretend they are fans of the forum's team, using words like “we” and “our” to try and infiltrate but actually are not a fan of that team. Their method typically includes posting only when the team loses, and pretending to offer unbiased opinion, but their intent is really to rub salt, cast doubt and dissension among the fan base.

Especially telling is the way they try to cherry pick their logic. Started 2-4, therefore bad team... But ended 8-2, so therefore, great team?

He is right about Russell Wilson being elite though.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
JSeahawks":13x2lz25 said:
Honest truth is we under performed for much of the season.

No. The biggest problem was with the OL, and that motley crew certainly didn't 'under perform.' "they were who we thought they were!" Couldn't expect much else.

Vetamur

Reaction score
What an illogical OP. If you took away the quarterback play from ANY playoff team, yes, they would be worse. But Wilson didnt make the defense have the #1 scoring defense. Common sense just says.. nope.

ctrcat

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":3kszdh41 said:
The honest truth is that our losses from close games at the start of the year meant winning the Super Bowl with 3 straight road games would be a monumental feat.

Everyone remembers the 2005 NFCCG. For 10 years it's been difficult for Panther fans to balance both well deserved kudos to that Hawks team with the reality of being exhausted. Absolutely no one remembers the fix of all fixes with the Saints being gifted a win in the season opener after Katrina in a game they HAD to win, of course vs the Panthers, eventually costing the Panthers a bye and home game, instead of playing @Atlanta (week 17), @NYG, and @Chicago, before the NFCCG.

It matters.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
907Hawk":2wazil16 said:
This is another BS thread by the OP, William only seems to show up after a loss.

OP has been pulling his "this is an 8-8 team" game out during the season, and had to stop once it was clear that wasn't the case. Now he's leveraging the same idea with "if this had happened, they'd be 8-8". Example of previous activity:

WilliamCooper":2wazil16 said:
The Ravens signed Flacco to a giant contract after winning a Super Bowl. We are in the same spot. We gave up a large portion of our salary cap to lock up a 5"10 game manager. Unless we have an 85 Bears type of D, we are destined for 8-8 for the foreseeable future.

http://web.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 98&start=0

What's interesting is in the last two months he's changed his "philosophy" from it being Wilson's fault that the team would be perpetually 8-8 to Wilson being the only saving piece preventing them from being so.

There are plenty of legitimate things to pick on about the team, but these people who want to predict mediocrity or worse so they can come back later and "tell" us is the weirdest behavior. Who actually wants their team to suck?

Even if this thread was taken at face value without the history, it's inane. Having a quarterback of Wilson's quality of play (or better, depending on what kind of subjective argument you're having about "elite" or similar nonsense) is the difference in any team's record.

bighawk

Reaction score
I honestly believe this team will return to form like they did after losing to Atlanta in 2012, I believe this team made to many mistakes and gave to many games away because they were not on the same page because if injuries and partly greed. Not playing in the superbowl will re-light the fire to show the league we aren't going anywhere.