The Galloway/Harvin factor

OldWiseHawk

Reaction score
In '99 @ 6-2 we stood to make waves in the NFL. We finally got Galloway back from his 8 week holdout. We were rolling and we were getting a proven weapon of the freak athletic variety. We were going to do even better yet we forced the issue to Galloway. It was obvious that the missed time hurt him. Injuries played part in our backing into the playoffs, but I can't help but fear the same forcing issue could crop up w/ Harvin.

Then again we have Russell and Pete.

Never mind, fear erased.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/footba ... ?mobile=no

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
OldWiseHawk":dgxr68ld said:
In '99 @ 6-2 we stood to make waves in the NFL. We finally got Galloway back from his 8 week holdout. We were rolling and we were getting a proven weapon of the freak athletic variety. We were going to do even better yet we forced the issue to Galloway. It was obvious that the missed time hurt him. Injuries played part in our backing into the playoffs, but I can't help but fear the same forcing issue could crop up w/ Harvin.

Ii
Never mind, fear erased.

I like your mindset. As much as I think he will be ready physically by week 7, I am guessing he will be our special surprise for New Orleans......maybe St. Louis if they are pushing us for the division title?

Ok, whenever we play Minnesota is when the new era begins..you got an elite Guard but we got an elite WR. Seems fair to me.:)

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
LoL force the ball too Harvin in the first half, couldn't make things any worst than they already are:)

legend38

Reaction score
OldWiseHawk":2ta6zzlo said:

Never mind, fear erased.

This has crossed my mind many a time.Althogh,I thought we were 8-2 and ended up 9-7.(but i drank a lot then as well)Damn I wish we still had Fabien Bownes on special teams.

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
Not worried about it at all.

The offense needs all the explosiveness it can get and as long as he's healthy...bring it on!!

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Joey was a holdout who hadn't been near the team and had no clue about the playbook. It's a far different position since I have to think that Harvin has been learning all along even when he hasn't been able to put in the reps physically.

Remember that in 2005 we lost Darrell Jackson for a significant number of weeks and were humming along just fine without him...it was still better when he returned.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
OldWiseHawk":2ekq1pfv said:

Never mind, fear erased.

I also had the same thought...though as pointed out - an entirely different situation. I would also have to add that THIS coaching staff will handle this the right way.

tdigitee

Reaction score
I think Harvin will only help whenever he gets back, a huge weapon on O who hopefully can get some major separation on routes.

Re the Galloway return, I seem to recall he made a couple of big catches in his first game back against the Broncos in the Kingdome, but the 1-5 skid was more due to teams putting more pressure on Kitna and forcing mistakes (a formula the Bucs provided the blueprint for in that horrible game where Seattle had like 5 turnovers). And the pattern continued with Grant Williams (maybe?) getting abused by Trace Armstrong. That's what I think happened, anyway.

Bownes was a beast on ST, and he scored the TD to win the Bears game I thought? (from Glenn Foley no less) Watching him track down punts inside the 5 was just awesome.