We have the pieces.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
We are fine
Every year I feel like saying , Hey pete fix this before we get clobbered and then he does as if he can hear me and we go on a huge winning streak , make the playoffs and give the nfl hell
Yes , I'm a bandwagon fan, as I tell people , Someone has to drive , the driver gets on before the ride gets going, people get on, people get off , but the driver stays on until the ride is over and has ended
It has been that way for almost 40 years for me so to see us have this great success these last several years reminds me to tell folks that this ride is just still in its early part of its route and though it may get bumpy we will always have fun enjoying the ride
Remember the Mora years when we didn't have 1 playmaker
The year we won the superb owl it was almost boring watching us dominate nearly everyone and here we are having to battle for a place in our division
I couldn't be happier to be a seahawks fan
Thx PC/JS
Bill
Driver of the bandwagon since '76

Cartire

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2pvgisyj said:
Injuries use to be Okung's rationale to poor play ( at least on this site) so what's his issue now? Far as I'm concerned Okung is a near bust if not already. Really sucks too because he should be the leader of this Oline and he can't even take care of himself.

Dude. He is hardly a bust. He's a serviceable LT in a world with such few. Hes not #71. But hes better then what waits out in the brushes. He just makes bone headed mistakes.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Good point on Miller, fantastic run blocker........just something we don't even have the potential for on the roster currently. We have three skinny ass soft passing TE's that contribute zero to the run game, in fact you could say they're actually a detriment.

I think that's where the offense is having their identity crisis. Pete and Bevell still want to run 50% of the time, but we don't have the line or TE's to run right now.

If and when Marshawn's healthy I still want to see us run, but IMO there has to be a dynamic shift towards passing.

hawk45

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3clym4bw said:
I think that's where the offense is having their identity crisis. Pete and Bevell still want to run 50% of the time, but we don't have the line or TE's to run right now.

If and when Marshawn's healthy I still want to see us run, but IMO there has to be a dynamic shift towards passing.

Not just a shift towards passing, but a shift when we do pass towards quicker passes.

It won't end will I think, arranging everything around the huge blocking deficit. And if we can't run, and there's no play action passing, and we can't go deep, it'll be just like Detroit. They won't have to stack the box, they can spy/contain Russ and eliminate the R/O, the backers can sit on pass because the run doesn't scare them, and opposing corners will just jam our guys at the line so that nobody is open in the 2 seconds Russ has.

mrt144

Reaction score
hawk45":2m36pfon said:
Sgt. Largent":2m36pfon said:

Not just a shift towards passing, but a shift when we do pass towards quicker passes.

It won't end will I think, arranging everything around the huge blocking deficit. And if we can't run, and there's no play action passing, and we can't go deep, it'll be just like Detroit. They won't have to stack the box, they can spy/contain Russ and eliminate the R/O, the backers can sit on pass because the run doesn't scare them, and opposing corners will just jam our guys at the line so that nobody is open in the 2 seconds Russ has.

Exactly. If you can't punish the defense for clamping down by providing enough time to punish them even moderately beyond the 1st down marker, they'll take away a lot from the LOS to 10 yards out. Right now it seems like the routes and playcalls havent adjusted to the problems at hand and RW is winging it out there calling protection adjustments.

hawk45

Reaction score
mrt144":2tivrnfa said:
Exactly. If you can't punish the defense for clamping down by providing enough time to punish them even moderately beyond the 1st down marker, they'll take away a lot from the LOS to 10 yards out. Right now it seems like the routes and playcalls havent adjusted to the problems at hand and RW is winging it out there calling protection adjustments.

Honestly I don't think there is an adjustment. At a minimum, we have to be able to run the ball a little and regain play action. Without that, there is literally only one area of the field where we can operate, and it happens to be the area where our offense struggles the most to operate, the shorter stuff.

It'll be just like when we had Harvin. As dynamic as he was, once teams caught on that all we were going to do was operate in the shorter zones, and that we weren't running much or going deep, they locked that part of the field down.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I think our line was constructed with the intent of developing into the best run-blocking o-line in the NFL. So far they are extremely far away from that goal, I could almost handle the sacks if we were consistently running all over teams with huge gaping run lanes.

Latest posts