The fix was in

Spohawks

Reaction score
The big question is "Would you stop watching if you knew it was scripted"? Some NFL big wig addressed this and said that you would still watch. Millions of WWE fans and Billions of sitcom watchers prove that people will still turn on the TV and pay for tickets even though everyone knows its fake.

So the bigwig was right.

cymatica

Reaction score
Spohawks":1e5tu0ky said:
Look it up on youtube. Skilled kickers can hit the field goal post on cue at any point. I can't, but they can all day.

"The team that pays him". This is the biggest misunderstanding in sports. The team that pays him is the NFL. The money is shared between the teams, its all the NFL, the teams are just departments within the company.

Do you really think an extreamly large corporation is going to lose billions of dollars just so we can watch a fair game? Come on man...no chance.

With a smile on thier face, people knowingly watch fake sitcoms all day. Its the exact same but this has a hint of "It might be real".

It's all a show with well paid actors. But like any high action movie, its fun to watch.

My favorite scripted sitcom is on every 4 years nationally. Although the last episode was so horribly scripted that it made me remember I was watching a show

stack55

Reaction score
I don’t know about this game being fixed, but I do agree that once we had a
15 point lead this team went into prevent mode. I still don’t understand that
Zone defense where we just sit in our zones and allow all those underneath
Passes.
Metcalf was to busy jawing with their db’s to make any plays and our defense
Didn’t want to tackle Henry in the second half. He literally won the game for the
titans. There was no pressure on Tanahill in the second half.
Their 42-22 minutes of possession says it all. You can’t win a game if your
Offense is on the sidelines. Way to many stupid penalties.

jeremiah

Reaction score
kf3339":2l6ii3dq said:
xray":2l6ii3dq said:
No fix . One team was better conditioned and coached for the outcome of this game in OT.

Agreed. Our poor conditioning showed in the second half. That's on PC for not getting starters into game condition in preseason. A team like the Titans is really physical all game long. We didn't look prepared for an entire game of this type of play.

But the second half coaching was just brutal. They didn't play to win. Just not to lose. It's a PC constant that never changes.

If you want to see a team that does it correctly, watch TB.

PC just doesn't care very much for team discipline. That costs them dearly and has for years.

Spohawks

Reaction score
In a fair game, the hawks would have killed the titans. At the start Henry was getting completly shut down and the QB was mildly moving the ball up the field. Something had to change. Remember that 1st huge run by Henry to the left side? ABSOULTY nobody was over there to stop him. Are you telling me an all pro LB and pro bowl players just forgot to go after the RB? Please stop!

The only person to touch him on a 60+ yard TD run was a half hearted DB who just fell over.

Waldon's play calling was 5th grade flag football level at best and Wilson who is extreamly accurate just kind of floated balls all day.
Its like I get you have to throw the game, but that was craxy obvious.

What the NFL doesn't get is that there are Seahawk fans who LIVE for and diagnoss every seahawk's play, players and schemes. We know what the Hawks are capable of and their faults. A random hard core NFL fan would have watched that game and said "Great game, that was close". A true blue type smells something fishy!

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Spohawks":1n0nwlxw said:
In a fair game, the hawks would have killed the titans. At the start Henry was getting completly shut down and the QB was mildly moving the ball up the field. Something had to change. Remember that 1st huge run by Henry to the left side? ABSOULTY nobody was over there to stop him. Are you telling me an all pro LB and pro bowl players just forgot to go after the RB? Please stop!

The only person to touch him on a 60+ yard TD run was a half hearted DB who just fell over.

Waldon's play calling was 5th grade flag football level at best and Wilson who is extreamly accurate just kind of floated balls all day.
Its like I get you have to throw the game, but that was craxy obvious.

What the NFL doesn't get is that there are Seahawk fans who LIVE for and diagnoss every seahawk's play, players and schemes. We know what the Hawks are capable of and their faults. A random hard core NFL fan would have watched that game and said "Great game, that was close". A true blue type smells something fishy!

I'm glad I'm not alone here.
Open your eyes people! The fix was in!

The scripts will be revealed

hoxrox

Reaction score
I don't think there is a predetermined outcome in any game, BUT the NFL likes to keep games close. They don't like blowouts. They like the drama of last minute scores, overtime, etc. They need to make sure people stay for all the commercials.

From a Vegas betting standpoint, a lot of public money was on the Hawks yesterday after the results of week one. Hawks didn't cover the spread, and they didn't win. Vegas made a lot of money yesterday.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
hoxrox":2cwwlhjm said:
I don't think there is a predetermined outcome in any game, BUT the NFL likes to keep games close. They don't like blowouts. They like the drama of last minute scores, overtime, etc. They need to make sure people stay for all the commercials.

From a Vegas betting standpoint, a lot of public money was on the Hawks yesterday after the results of week one. Hawks didn't cover the spread, and they didn't win. Vegas made a lot of money yesterday.

This. Honestly I'm surprised more people don't check the betting lines anymore. I've learned to loosen up my expectations by checking this first. I know it sounds stupid, but the house always wins. Always.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1o7lce2i said:
They intentionally made this game close and gave Tennessee the win because that's how it was scripted..

Can I ask why the league wants Tennessee to win over Seattle?

BASF

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2nnk7txu said:
Jerhawk":2nnk7txu said:
They intentionally made this game close and gave Tennessee the win because that's how it was scripted..

Storylines. The NFL is all about selling storylines and the Wilson/Carroll tension because of Wilson failing in the second half and Carroll allowing the Titans to dink and dunk their way to win is a much easier sell and far better storyline than anything about the Titans failing to beat a very good future playoff team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
BASF":1d9u4e1z said:
Sgt. Largent":1d9u4e1z said:
Jerhawk":1d9u4e1z said:

Storylines. The NFL is all about selling storylines and the Wilson/Carroll tension because of Wilson failing in the second half and Carroll allowing the Titans to dink and dunk their way to win is a much easier sell and far better storyline than anything about the Titans failing to beat a very good future playoff team.

You guys sure have some wild imaginations to excuse one of the sloppiest penalty filled and poorly coached and played games by the Hawk's in recent memory.

- blew a 24-9 halftime lead
- gave up over 500 yards of offense
- 20 minutes less of possession time
- 10 penalties
- 3-4 chances to win at the end, but Russell and the offense choked
- terrible tackling and coverage
- missed extra point

But yeah...............IT'S THE LEAGUE JUST LOVES THEM SOME WILSON CARROL DRAMA!! THAT'S IT!!!

These are the kind of threads that make me embarrassed to be a part of this forum. Seriously.

flv

Reaction score
If the game was fixed or steered then who was fixing or steering it and for what purpose?

seabowl

Reaction score
Anyone claiming a fix on yesterdays game is literally out of there mind. If anything the refs blew a number of big calls that went against the Titans like the Julio TD reversal and giving Hawks a big 1st down when it looked clearly like they were short.

For a fix to take place (as fixing games is mentioned every year on this board) there must likely be numerous people involved for it ti affect a games outcome. With this said how come nobody ever in the history of the league has come out claiming they knew of a fix?

What needs to be done is anyone that thinks there is a fix, is for them to fix their mind on why the Hawks aren't winning games they should win.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2dhfjsc1 said:
BASF":2dhfjsc1 said:
Sgt. Largent":2dhfjsc1 said:
Jerhawk":2dhfjsc1 said:

You guys sure have some wild imaginations to excuse one of the sloppiest penalty filled and poorly coached and played games by the Hawk's in recent memory.

- 10 penalties

But yeah...............IT'S THE LEAGUE JUST LOVES THEM SOME WILSON CARROL DRAMA!! THAT'S IT!!!

These are the kind of threads that make me embarrassed to be a part of this forum. Seriously.

Nothing to be embarrassed about. I, and my fellow believers, are simply pointing out the truth to the NFL. It's entertainment.

All of those things that you've laid out above was part of the script.
There's no way our dynamic offense the week before filled with pre snap motions and screens and creative running plays suddenly disappeared in the 2nd half of this game.

The NFL scripted the Titans to win. In order to fulfill the script, our offense played below average.

It's like that team that plays against the Globtrotters. They're told to play stupid in order for the Globtrotters to go out and put on a show. For part of the game the other guys will play for real, then they lay off because they are actors.

Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, they're all paid actors man. They all get paid to act out an entertaining game, and we get to watch it unfold.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jerhawk":25x87bv4 said:
Sgt. Largent":25x87bv4 said:
BASF":25x87bv4 said:
Sgt. Largent":25x87bv4 said:

- 10 penalties

Nothing to be embarrassed about. I, and my fellow believers, are simply pointing out the truth to the NFL. It's entertainment.

There's no way our dynamic offense the week before filled with pre snap motions and screens and creative running plays suddenly disappeared in the 2nd half of this game.

The NFL scripted the Titans to win. In order to fulfill the script, our offense played below average.

It's like that team that plays against the Globtrotters. They're told to play stupid in order for the Globtrotters to go out and put on a show. For part of the game the other guys will play for real, then they lay off because they are actors.

Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, they're all paid actors man. They all get paid to act out an entertaining game, and we get to watch it unfold.

I'll ask you what I ask my friends and family when I hear this nonsense after losses that the games are fixed..................why do you watch and follow pro sports and our local teams if this is all pre-determined by the league for whatever <insert insane scripted conspiracy theory> you believe in?

So why do you invest your time, money and energy into being a sports fan if you think the entire world's out to get us and the players are in on it? Seems like a wildly illogical thing to do, and a collosal waste of time.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":204xoi96 said:
Jerhawk":204xoi96 said:
Sgt. Largent":204xoi96 said:
BASF":204xoi96 said:

- 10 penalties

I'll ask you what I ask my friends and family when I hear this nonsense after losses that the games are fixed..................why do you watch and follow pro sports and our local teams if this is all pre-determined by the league for whatever <insert insane scripted conspiracy theory> you believe in?

So why do you invest your time, money and energy into being a sports fan if you think the entire world's out to get us and the players are in on it? Seems like a wildly illogical thing to do, and a collosal waste of time.

Because I bet on the games. I have a large sum of money riding on each game and fantasy football.

As far as my personal love of the Seahawks, I grew up with them, as I'm sure you have. Emotional investment.
But my eyes haven't been opened to The Truth since lately. Superbowl XL was my first taste, but as a 15 year old I just thought Bill Levy had some vendetta against the team. As I grow older, The Truth continues to expose itself to my virgin eyes and mind.
My purchases of Seahawks merchandise has slowed in recent years. My highs and lows during the games have turned toward a neutral numbness.
If that's due to my understanding of The Truth, or my mental decline, as my friends have so generously put it, that's tough to say. That's another topic.

I will continue to follow and root for the Seahawks. But my emotional investment has turned toward monetary investment

chris98251

Reaction score
The only fix was the one that didn't happen to the offense in the second half and someone yanking Wilson by the short hairs and telling him to quit forcing things that are not there and use the whole offense.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jerhawk":v88xqops said:
Because I bet on the games. I have a large sum of money riding on each game and fantasy football.

As far as my personal love of the Seahawks, I grew up with them, as I'm sure you have. Emotional investment.
But my eyes haven't been opened to The Truth since lately. Superbowl XL was my first taste, but as a 15 year old I just thought Bill Levy had some vendetta against the team. As I grow older, The Truth continues to expose itself to my virgin eyes and mind.
My purchases of Seahawks merchandise has slowed in recent years. My highs and lows during the games have turned toward a neutral numbness.
If that's due to my understanding of The Truth, or my mental decline, as my friends have so generously put it, that's tough to say. That's another topic.

I will continue to follow and root for the Seahawks. But my emotional investment has turned toward monetary investment

Then you should be retired now right, just always bet against the Hawks since the league is out to get us all the time.

I take it you had $1,000 on the Titans yesterday?

Don't worry Jerhawk, you're in good delusional self projection emotional rationalization to deal with tough losses company. It's been a myopic fan trait since professional sports were invented.

Every fan base from coast to coast has a percentage of fans that think they don't get calls and the league wants them to fail.

I wouldn't call it mental decline, but I would call it an unhealthy emotional response to random events.

But hey, good luck on the gambling.