The best win percentage teams over the past ten years.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Own The West":3382y3bh said:
pittpnthrs":3382y3bh said:
JGreen79":3382y3bh said:
pittpnthrs":3382y3bh said:
If making it to the NFCCG 2 out of the last 3 years is your idea of worse, i'll take it.

They still have less playoff wins than Seattle over the last 10 years. And GB lost both those games, still no superbowl wins. That's your measurement of a successful season right?

And Seattle hasent done anything in 6 years. How long do you want to hold onto the nostalgia?

This is the golden age of seahawks football. The Jets haven't even made the playoffs during the Pete Carroll era.

I don't know what you expect from your football team, but no franchise except the patriots has been better. Pouting and throwing shade at the 2nd best NFL team in the league is disingenuous -- especially since you claim to be a fan of that team. Nearly every fan in the NFL looks at us with envy and all you do is complain. It's as if nothing can make you happy, so you're going to make it your hobby and job to drag everyone down into your misery.

Well forget it. It's not going to happen. We're in the middle of a great run and I am proud of my local team. I am happy and excited to see what the new season brings.

GO HAWKS!

Again, Seattle hasent done anything in 6 years. If your overjoyed by that success, congratulations. I want more than their pathetic post seasons of late.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Own The West":101w3ce0 said:
Nearly every fan in the NFL looks at us with envy and all you do is complain.

I know I personally enjoy the ride of each game, I enjoy a win as much ever Seahawk fan. As for post season lack of success over time, yeah it's been a bummer. A few years ago, I didn't care because it was a team that was supposed to go 4-10 and they somehow made it to the playoffs, that was a house money season to me, I had no real issues. The last few years as the team went all-in with Jamal Adams (that's what that trade meant...all-in) and the way the seasons turned out and what it looks like moving forward isn't fun to watch. Is my expectation a superbowl, no, but it's signs of improvement which i think a lot of fellow fans don't see.

As for being envied by the rest of the NFL, I don't think so. And also that mindset troubles me because it's not the mindset of successful people. That's like working minimum wage job at McDonalds and getting mad at others who want to make more money and work in better conditions, meanwhile you're telling them not to be ungrateful because maybe you've seen how people live in third world countries and it's so much worse. Meanwhile the others will go to night school and slowly get themselves out of the McDonalds job into that desk job they want or maybe save up enough for their own business later. While you're still working at McDonalds 15 years later saying...dude it's so much better than X place I'm just enjoying the ride...btw I come from a family of immigrants and they would not settle for that kind of shit. So this is my mindset and forgive me if I think the coaches/GMs/owners who are far more successful than me making millions/billions of dollars shouldn't share this mindset either.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":24npw2cs said:
Own The West":24npw2cs said:
pittpnthrs":24npw2cs said:
Thank goodness that wasnt the post season percentages.

Our post season win percentage is even better (65.5%). Why are you on a Seahawks fan site if all you want to do is talk @#$%# about the Seahawks?

Because some of us think that ONE playoff win in FIVE years is not acceptable.

But hey, if we lower our expectations low enough we will always be happy right? Expect 0-17 and we will be giddy to get to the playoffs and lose the first game ... again.
And the Cowboys only made the playoffs TWO TIMES in TWENTYFIVE YEARS, so hell, IF I were you guys, I'd go right over there to Cowboys Fandom land & pee in their cheerios, eh? :smilingalien:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3qh1dqu4 said:
Mase":3qh1dqu4 said:
-- I think the point is if someone speaking positively about the Seahawks causes you guys so much pain and anguish, why not just stay off that post. You both have made it painfully clear that you find the Seahawks recent playoff success "unacceptable". I'm not sure what unacceptable even means in this sense as you are pretty impotent to do anything about it. Buy less jerseys, give up your season tickets? No, none of that, you just hijack every damn thread that gets put up, with "one playoff win", "Pete sucks", "Wilson sucks".

-- I don't post much anymore, or even read it for that matter, because of this type of crap. Every discussion topic gets pushed into Trollsville because of sports chihuahuas like you. If someone posts Pete is great, then please, jump on and have your way. But if someone posts that the Hawks have a winning percentage in the top three for the last ten years, that isn't up for debate. It is just a statistical fact. And yes, in a division that has sent 6 of the last 10 NFC participants to the Super Bowl, two of them being Seattle, it is impressive to have that winning percentage over that period of time.

Mase

What was the point of this thread though? Are fans supposed to rejoice because the Seahawks have been decent in the regular season? What has that gotten us lately?

decent= 3rd best professional team in all of sports???

cmon man

Talk about word play

Hawkpower

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":21ozosfo said:
Own The West":21ozosfo said:
pittpnthrs":21ozosfo said:
JGreen79":21ozosfo said:
They still have less playoff wins than Seattle over the last 10 years. And GB lost both those games, still no superbowl wins. That's your measurement of a successful season right?

And Seattle hasent done anything in 6 years. How long do you want to hold onto the nostalgia?

This is the golden age of seahawks football. The Jets haven't even made the playoffs during the Pete Carroll era.

I don't know what you expect from your football team, but no franchise except the patriots has been better. Pouting and throwing shade at the 2nd best NFL team in the league is disingenuous -- especially since you claim to be a fan of that team. Nearly every fan in the NFL looks at us with envy and all you do is complain. It's as if nothing can make you happy, so you're going to make it your hobby and job to drag everyone down into your misery.

Well forget it. It's not going to happen. We're in the middle of a great run and I am proud of my local team. I am happy and excited to see what the new season brings.

GO HAWKS!

Again, Seattle hasent done anything in 6 years. If your overjoyed by that success, congratulations. I want more than their pathetic post seasons of late.

"overjoyed"

more word play

Enjoying the last decade (especially in light of how hard it is to win consistently at a high level) is just fine and is hardly being OVERJOYED!!!

Its ok to be pleased with your team, proud of its accomplishments....and still hope for more in the very near future

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":18fcu4c8 said:
Mase":18fcu4c8 said:
-- I think the point is if someone speaking positively about the Seahawks causes you guys so much pain and anguish, why not just stay off that post. You both have made it painfully clear that you find the Seahawks recent playoff success "unacceptable". I'm not sure what unacceptable even means in this sense as you are pretty impotent to do anything about it. Buy less jerseys, give up your season tickets? No, none of that, you just hijack every damn thread that gets put up, with "one playoff win", "Pete sucks", "Wilson sucks".

-- I don't post much anymore, or even read it for that matter, because of this type of crap. Every discussion topic gets pushed into Trollsville because of sports chihuahuas like you. If someone posts Pete is great, then please, jump on and have your way. But if someone posts that the Hawks have a winning percentage in the top three for the last ten years, that isn't up for debate. It is just a statistical fact. And yes, in a division that has sent 6 of the last 10 NFC participants to the Super Bowl, two of them being Seattle, it is impressive to have that winning percentage over that period of time.

Mase

What was the point of this thread though? Are fans supposed to rejoice because the Seahawks have been decent in the regular season? What has that gotten us lately?
The "POINT OF THIS THREAD" was SOME fans ENJOY the positive aspects, while others seem to get their jollies by peeing on the "Feel Gooders" :roll:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Hawkpower":jv1ckt6w said:
pittpnthrs":jv1ckt6w said:
Own The West":jv1ckt6w said:
pittpnthrs":jv1ckt6w said:

GO HAWKS!

"overjoyed"

more word play

Enjoying the last decade (especially in light of how hard it is to win consistently at a high level) is just fine and is hardly being OVERJOYED!!!

Its ok to be pleased with your team, proud of its accomplishments....and still hope for more in the very near future

Lol. I'm sure Bears fans are proud of their 85' season too. Ask them how they feel now. It would be similar to how a lot of Seahawks fans feel.

Stud

Reaction score
Own The West":pqs0jnnb said:
pittpnthrs":pqs0jnnb said:

Our post season win percentage is even better (65.5%). Why are you on a Seahawks fan site if all you want to do is talk @#$%# about the Seahawks?

LOL. What? Seattle has done nothing the last 7 years in the playoffs. Your only wins were because of a missed FG, a terrible Lions team, and a 40 year old QB. He's right, Seattle has less wins in the post season in the last 7 seasons than 49ers and Rams. And your only Super bowl is almost 10 years old and now completely irrelevant.

The Seahawks are like the Marty Schottenhiemer of the NFL. Great regular season, way below average playoff results.

Stud

Reaction score
ZagHawk":8nj3z36z said:
Own The West":8nj3z36z said:
Nearly every fan in the NFL looks at us with envy and all you do is complain.

I know I personally enjoy the ride of each game, I enjoy a win as much ever Seahawk fan. As for post season lack of success over time, yeah it's been a bummer. A few years ago, I didn't care because it was a team that was supposed to go 4-10 and they somehow made it to the playoffs, that was a house money season to me, I had no real issues. The last few years as the team went all-in with Jamal Adams (that's what that trade meant...all-in) and the way the seasons turned out and what it looks like moving forward isn't fun to watch. Is my expectation a superbowl, no, but it's signs of improvement which i think a lot of fellow fans don't see.

As for being envied by the rest of the NFL, I don't think so. And also that mindset troubles me because it's not the mindset of successful people. That's like working minimum wage job at McDonalds and getting mad at others who want to make more money and work in better conditions, meanwhile you're telling them not to be ungrateful because maybe you've seen how people live in third world countries and it's so much worse. Meanwhile the others will go to night school and slowly get themselves out of the McDonalds job into that desk job they want or maybe save up enough for their own business later. While you're still working at McDonalds 15 years later saying...dude it's so much better than X place I'm just enjoying the ride...btw I come from a family of immigrants and they would not settle for that kind of $h!t. So this is my mindset and forgive me if I think the coaches/GMs/owners who are far more successful than me making millions/billions of dollars shouldn't share this mindset either.

This is well said. Your takes on 49erswebzone.com are also well stated. Come anytime.

Stud

Reaction score
scutterhawk":393itby9 said:
JayhawkMike":393itby9 said:
Own The West":393itby9 said:
pittpnthrs":393itby9 said:

Because some of us think that ONE playoff win in FIVE years is not acceptable.

But hey, if we lower our expectations low enough we will always be happy right? Expect 0-17 and we will be giddy to get to the playoffs and lose the first game ... again.
And the Cowboys only made the playoffs TWO TIMES in TWENTYFIVE YEARS, so hell, IF I were you guys, I'd go right over there to Cowboys Fandom land & pee in their cheerios, eh? :smilingalien:

No offense, but this is why fans make fun of your fanbase for being "bandwagon" fans that only started following around your super bowl. Cowboys made the playoffs 11 times since 1996 (25 years ago)

Hawkpower

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":129koi2s said:
Hawkpower":129koi2s said:
pittpnthrs":129koi2s said:
Own The West":129koi2s said:

GO HAWKS!

"overjoyed"

more word play

Lol. I'm sure Bears fans are proud of their 85' season too. Ask them how they feel now. It would be similar to how a lot of Seahawks fans feel.

Your arguments are all over the place at this point, and quite immature.

Wanting your team to be better and enjoying/recognizing/savoring recent successes dont have to be mutually exclusive things

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Stud":yerh1l13 said:
Own The West":yerh1l13 said:
pittpnthrs":yerh1l13 said:

LOL. What? Seattle has done nothing the last 7 years in the playoffs. Your only wins were because of a missed FG, a terrible Lions team, and a 40 year old QB. He's right, Seattle has less wins in the post season in the last 7 seasons than 49ers and Rams. And your only Super bowl is almost 10 years old and now completely irrelevant.

The Seahawks are like the Marty Schottenhiemer of the NFL. Great regular season, way below average playoff results.

The last 10 seasons their win percentage in the playoffs is indeed 65%

Not arguing that Seattle has torn the NFL playoffs apart recently, clearly they havent, but your rationalizing away of their wins is childish.

If we wanted to, we could pick apart every win an NFL team gets: (if it wasnt for the refs, the wind, an injury, blah blah blah) That was weak

And taking your random year reference of 7 years gets Seattle 5 playoff wins. Go to 8 years and you get 8.

Not many NFL teams have 8 playoff wins in 8 years.

Be better Stud.

Thanks

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3bo60ht9 said:
pittpnthrs":3bo60ht9 said:
Hawkpower":3bo60ht9 said:
pittpnthrs":3bo60ht9 said:

"overjoyed"

more word play

Wanting your team to be better and enjoying/recognizing/savoring recent successes dont have to be mutually exclusive things

Sorry if I want success now and not to rest on the laurels of the past.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2jz1kp97 said:
Hawkpower":2jz1kp97 said:
pittpnthrs":2jz1kp97 said:
Hawkpower":2jz1kp97 said:
"overjoyed"

more word play

Sorry if I want success now and not to rest on the laurels of the past.

You can do both

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
Those of us that are dubious of the Seahawks are in part that way because of the logic used to defend them.

Take this post for example. We now have to go back a decade to make the numbers look good? Much of that success was over the first 5 years (especially post-season success) after which we have been on a downward trend.

Teams change quickly and that is especially true in football. What coaching and management did 10 years is not very relevant. So many defenders are relying not on data, but on nostalgia.

For me, the past 5 years are much more relevant. In that time how many playoff games has the NFC West won?

LA - 6
SF - 4
AZ - 0
SE - 1

For many of us that is unacceptable, especially when you have the only franchise QB in team history. Different fans have different bars for what works for them of course.

Does that mean we can't roar back next year? No, not at all. SF looks set to decline. AZ fell apart at the end of the season and we're probably better than them. That leaves LA in a NFC West that might be easier than this past season, but who knows. Perhaps Trey Lance is a lot better than I expect he will ever be. If you have Wilson you will be in games you have no business being in.

It's just that there is no credit left with the store, not with too many glaring missteps. For example, ask yourself why we don't have a 1st round draft pick this year to help us get back in the game? Ask if it was stupidity or pride that made us extend Adams? Ask why Diggs gave a harsh assessment of this past year's team (and a strong indication he won't be coming back)?

That is why some of us are dubious about the future.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
GaiusMarius":1wa25r0a said:
Those of us that are dubious of the Seahawks are in part that way because of the logic used to defend them.

Take this post for example. We now have to go back a decade to make the numbers look good? Much of that success was over the first 5 years (especially post-season success) after which we have been on a downward trend.

Teams change quickly and that is especially true in football. What coaching and management did 10 years is not very relevant. So many defenders are relying not on data, but on nostalgia.

For me, the past 5 years are much more relevant. In that time how many playoff games has the NFC West won?

LA - 6
SF - 4
AZ - 0
SE - 1

For many of us that is unacceptable, especially when you have the only franchise QB in team history. Different fans have different bars for what works for them of course.

Does that mean we can't roar back next year? No, not at all. SF looks set to decline. AZ fell apart at the end of the season and we're probably better than them. That leaves LA in a NFC West that might be easier than this past season, but who knows. Perhaps Trey Lance is a lot better than I expect he will ever be. If you have Wilson you will be in games you have no business being in.

It's just that there is no credit left with the store, not with too many glaring missteps. For example, ask yourself why we don't have a 1st round draft pick this year to help us get back in the game? Ask if it was stupidity or pride that made us extend Adams? Ask why Diggs gave a harsh assessment of this past year's team (and a strong indication he won't be coming back)?

This

Hawkpower

Reaction score
GaiusMarius":16vu49cp said:

LA - 6
SF - 4
AZ - 0
SE - 1

All well and good, but the original post was just taking pride in how good the last 10 years have been, nothing more

Too many posters just looking for a reason to argue. Quit making more out of it than it is

Again, you can take pride in the last 10 and still have concerns about the present.

Latest posts