The best win percentage teams over the past ten years.

toffee

Reaction score
Sure couldn't tell by hanging out on dot net that the hawks were top three, in fact could have been second overall if 2021 wasn't so bad.
B2ga63kxcug81
This graphic came from reddit, can someone verify the data accuracy?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Thank goodness that wasnt the post season percentages.

Own The West

Reaction score
toffee":32bpxu1w said:
Sure couldn't tell by hanging out on dot net that the hawks were top three, in fact could have been second overall if 2021 wasn't so bad.

This graphic came from reddit, can someone verify the data accuracy?

Even more impressive since the NFCW has been the toughest division in football over that same time span.

Own The West

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2kroq4ud said:

Our post season win percentage is even better (65.5%). Why are you on a Seahawks fan site if all you want to do is talk @#$%# about the Seahawks?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Own The West":3n2dlxco said:
pittpnthrs":3n2dlxco said:

Our post season win percentage is even better (65.5%). Why are you on a Seahawks fan site if all you want to do is talk @#$%# about the Seahawks?

Because some of us think that ONE playoff win in FIVE years is not acceptable.

But hey, if we lower our expectations low enough we will always be happy right? Expect 0-17 and we will be giddy to get to the playoffs and lose the first game ... again.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Own The West":3k2v24jg said:
pittpnthrs":3k2v24jg said:

Because this thread is a joke. Who cares about regular season success when the post season has been such an epic failure the past 6 years?

JGreen79

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3858mlnt said:
Own The West":3858mlnt said:
pittpnthrs":3858mlnt said:

Because this thread is a joke. Who cares about regular season success when the post season has been such an epic failure the past 6 years?

It could be worse the Seahawks could be as bad as the Packers in the playoffs.

Mase

Reaction score
-- I think the point is if someone speaking positively about the Seahawks causes you guys so much pain and anguish, why not just stay off that post. You both have made it painfully clear that you find the Seahawks recent playoff success "unacceptable". I'm not sure what unacceptable even means in this sense as you are pretty impotent to do anything about it. Buy less jerseys, give up your season tickets? No, none of that, you just hijack every damn thread that gets put up, with "one playoff win", "Pete sucks", "Wilson sucks".

-- I don't post much anymore, or even read it for that matter, because of this type of crap. Every discussion topic gets pushed into Trollsville because of sports chihuahuas like you. If someone posts Pete is great, then please, jump on and have your way. But if someone posts that the Hawks have a winning percentage in the top three for the last ten years, that isn't up for debate. It is just a statistical fact. And yes, in a division that has sent 6 of the last 10 NFC participants to the Super Bowl, two of them being Seattle, it is impressive to have that winning percentage over that period of time.

Mase

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You make good points ^
And nothing is better than people telling others that they are somehow "happy" with just making the playoffs.
Telling someone what type of fan they are, when you haven't even met them. Very dot everything sucks

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
JGreen79":2o1tbvv1 said:
pittpnthrs":2o1tbvv1 said:
Own The West":2o1tbvv1 said:
pittpnthrs":2o1tbvv1 said:

If making it to the NFCCG 2 out of the last 3 years is your idea of worse, i'll take it.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Own The West":3qk1lpvu said:
pittpnthrs":3qk1lpvu said:

I think you're confusing the requirements of being a Seahawk fan...and a Seahawk homer.

fan = fanatic which sometimes includes being critical of your team.

A non fan is someone who doesn't give a shit at all about the Seahawks, good or bad.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Mase":ykramqa9 said:
-- I think the point is if someone speaking positively about the Seahawks causes you guys so much pain and anguish, why not just stay off that post. You both have made it painfully clear that you find the Seahawks recent playoff success "unacceptable". I'm not sure what unacceptable even means in this sense as you are pretty impotent to do anything about it. Buy less jerseys, give up your season tickets? No, none of that, you just hijack every damn thread that gets put up, with "one playoff win", "Pete sucks", "Wilson sucks".

-- I don't post much anymore, or even read it for that matter, because of this type of crap. Every discussion topic gets pushed into Trollsville because of sports chihuahuas like you. If someone posts Pete is great, then please, jump on and have your way. But if someone posts that the Hawks have a winning percentage in the top three for the last ten years, that isn't up for debate. It is just a statistical fact. And yes, in a division that has sent 6 of the last 10 NFC participants to the Super Bowl, two of them being Seattle, it is impressive to have that winning percentage over that period of time.

Mase

What was the point of this thread though? Are fans supposed to rejoice because the Seahawks have been decent in the regular season? What has that gotten us lately?

JGreen79

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":qsxpzn2h said:
JGreen79":qsxpzn2h said:
pittpnthrs":qsxpzn2h said:
Own The West":qsxpzn2h said:

If making it to the NFCCG 2 out of the last 3 years is your idea of worse, i'll take it.

They still have less playoff wins than Seattle over the last 10 years. And GB lost both those games, still no superbowl wins. That's your measurement of a successful season right?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I started this topic, and yes, you may call me a homer, I bet I am not the only one.

For everyone who wants Pete Carroll fire, I am ok with that IF you could name a sure fire successor, the same goes for John Schneider. I was the lone advocate to trade Wilson last off-season, because I thought his trade value peaked at that time. I must admit that I was WRONG, because the offers for his service was underwhelming. His trade value will likely decline even more as years go on, till it's zero when he's a free agent.

I support my team, and support every decision that will make the team more successful, and me better entertained. May the decision be changing GM, HC, or QB, I am open to all, if the move benefits the team.

Meantime, I am proud to be a fan for the third winning sports franchise.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
JGreen79":1fl3519s said:
pittpnthrs":1fl3519s said:
JGreen79":1fl3519s said:
pittpnthrs":1fl3519s said:

They still have less playoff wins than Seattle over the last 10 years. And GB lost both those games, still no superbowl wins. That's your measurement of a successful season right?

And Seattle hasent done anything in 6 years. How long do you want to hold onto the nostalgia?

chris98251

Reaction score
I kind of look at us as the Buffalo Bills under Levy, had a great run, but the run ended after losing their core and his coaches and front office were hired away and his defense and offense was figured out, They also had a hell of a run and made it to many Super Bowls, sadly were never able to cash in there but one of the greatest wins and loss record for an era and Coach, Same could be said for the Vikings under Grant.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":3nmob0l8 said:
I kind of look at us as the Buffalo Bills under Levy, had a great run, but the run ended after losing their core and his coaches and front office were hired away and his defense and offense was figured out, They also had a hell of a run and made it to many Super Bowls, sadly were never able to cash in there but one of the greatest wins and loss record for an era and Coach, Same could be said for the Vikings under Grant.

This!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see the win % as a graph with a moving average.

I bet it would tell a different story.
(Especially our playoff win % graph)

Let's be honest. Pete's way of playing works against below .500 teams. And it occasionally beats the above .500 team.

Win % isn't the problem.

But it is a nice to have.

Own The West

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3bq7lhuz said:
JGreen79":3bq7lhuz said:
pittpnthrs":3bq7lhuz said:
JGreen79":3bq7lhuz said:

And Seattle hasent done anything in 6 years. How long do you want to hold onto the nostalgia?

This is the golden age of seahawks football. The Jets haven't even made the playoffs during the Pete Carroll era.

I don't know what you expect from your football team, but no franchise except the patriots has been better. Pouting and throwing shade at the 2nd best NFL team in the league is disingenuous -- especially since you claim to be a fan of that team. Nearly every fan in the NFL looks at us with envy and all you do is complain. It's as if nothing can make you happy, so you're going to make it your hobby and job to drag everyone down into your misery.

Well forget it. It's not going to happen. We're in the middle of a great run and I am proud of my local team. I am happy and excited to see what the new season brings.

GO HAWKS!