The Annual Adopt a Rookie thread

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
I'm not a UCLA fan, but I loved watching their defense, which is funny with Mora coaching there. They played aggressive with a physical, fast, and hair-on-fire mentality--kind of like the Seahawks. So I'll go with Marsh. I think he'll take some time to develop and bulk up, but it won't surprise me if he's one of those young guys that light up preseason.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
suppaball":3hhdexqm said:
For no particular reason I'm going with Jeffcoat. For no particular reason.

I know Jeffcoat was a "tweener," and teams hate tweeners.........but I'm still surprised he fell all the way out of the draft. What with his pedigree and stats.

It'll be interesting to see if we develop him into a speedy pass rushing DE, or into another LEO to compete with Bruce.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Damn, this is tough this year. Last year was easy for me. Luke Willson, no doubt about it, since I'm also a Toronto Blue Jays fan and he played ball for the Jays for a little bit. It's funny, I met Luke's dude in Houston last season at Twin Peaks at the .Net gathering and told him about the Adopt-A-Rookie thread and how I had adopted his son haha. He actually thought it was pretty cool...

This year though, so many candidates! Jimmy Staten because of the built-in "Staten Island" nickname that I'm dying to bestow upon him, Eric Pinkins because Brandon Browner was one of my favorite Seahawks of all-time and Pinkins looks to be a possible Browner-clone. Then there's Kevin Pierre-Louis because of the great hyphenated name and you've also got Cassius Marsh who might just have the best name on the entire team now. Still, I think I have to stay true to my underdog roots which made me a Seahawks fan from NYC in the first place...

Kiero Small is my dude this year though. How can he NOT be? The ultimate underdog at 5'8, 250 and a fullback nonetheless, so he's doubly overlooked. My kind of guy and I'll definitely be pulling for him. I can't wait to see him light up opposing LB's come preseason!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I have to go with Marsh. He has so much bad ass SOB potential, like Sherman, he could be the guy our division rival fans fixate on because he pisses them off so much.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Cassius Marsh for me too. He has a NASTY streak that I like.

suppaball

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3hn8qdqb said:
suppaball":3hn8qdqb said:
For no particular reason I'm going with Jeffcoat. For no particular reason.

I know Jeffcoat was a "tweener," and teams hate tweeners.........but I'm still surprised he fell all the way out of the draft. What with his pedigree and stats.

It'll be interesting to see if we develop him into a speedy pass rushing DE, or into another LEO to compete with Bruce.
I think he will be a good addition.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Small...because.....well, because. I like bowling balls as I have a pin or 3 of over 200 games. I think he will do wonders for our team. They may not see him coming, but they will know after he gets there. :mrgreen:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

kearly

Reaction score
Keith Price will be my adopt a rookie if he shows improved toughness in the preseason. I like all five of our QBs, but Price at his best makes playing QB look easy.

I think Richardson will have the biggest rookie impact, but other than a few big plays I don't think he'll inspire us too much. Maybe he grows into being the next Mike Wallace in time but as a rookie I think he'll probably compare more to Nate Burleson.

I think three years from now the best pick from this draft will be Pierre-Lewis. League average player feels like his floor, all-pro his ceiling. Just a crazy good athlete who's smart, articulate, and seems like the kind of guy that would take quickly to coaching. Anybody that Luke Kuechly looked at as a peer is worth paying attention to.

Norwood was the best pick on paper, but like Doug Baldwin he's more clutch than talented. He will bobble easy catches, he will separate just enough to make the play, he'll have almost no margin for error. But he'll also make the most insane sideline and deep catches you'll ever see when the game is on the line.

If I could pick just one player to turn into a pro-bowler I'd probably pick Marsh, mainly for the hustle and personality.

two dog

Reaction score
Last year McQuistan and Carpenter had left guard so screwed up NOBODY could play it.
So I jinxed Rishaw Johnson and now I have no idea where he is.

I think Coyle and Jeffcoat will both make it. Really looking forward to seeing Mayowa and
Jeffcoat in preseason. So Jeffcoat's my guy, sorry Jackson.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
I think biggest impact will be richardson purely because of the big play ability but Kevin Pierre-Louis has the potential to be a star in that linebacking corp alongside bobby, bruce, KJ

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
kearly":dsx0ut3q said:

I think three years from now the best pick from this draft will be Pierre-Lewis. League average player feels like his floor, all-pro his ceiling. Just a crazy good athlete who's smart, articulate, and seems like the kind of guy that would take quickly to coaching. Anybody that Luke Kuechly looked at as a peer is worth paying attention to.
Whoa, that's high praise indeed.

General Manager

Reaction score
Cassius Marsh, he plays with intensity is tough and mean my kind of football player.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Not exactly sure about the significance of this "adopt a rookie" thing. I've seen it before, but I don't quite get what this accomplishes. Is this another "look how smart I am" opportunity? ;)

Well, seems like picking from among the draft picks is a reasonable idea to bank on them having a pretty good shot. But, I projected a guy to the Hawks from Southern U (in the draft contest) who was an under the radar small school prospect and he's sticking around as an UDFA tryout player. His "Pro Day" piggybacked off the LSU Pro Day through flyers placed on scouts wind-shields.

I'm liking the story that is developing about TE Rashaun Allen. Already has accomplished something as one of the tryout players to have been signed for a longer look. So, somebody has to "have his back" - whatever that means from a computer keyboard. So, I'll go with a long shot: the kid from Cleveland.

Ok, kid. Make me look smart. (Wait, I got you're back.) Am I understanding this thing now? lol.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":yyze07nb said:
Not exactly sure about the significance of this "adopt a rookie" thing. I've seen it before, but I don't quite get what this accomplishes. Is this another "look how smart I am" opportunity? ;)

Well, seems like picking from among the draft picks is a reasonable idea to bank on them having a pretty good shot. But, I projected a guy to the Hawks from Southern U (in the draft contest) who was an under the radar small school prospect and he's sticking around as an UDFA tryout player. His "Pro Day" piggybacked off the LSU Pro Day through flyers placed on scouts wind-shields.

I'm liking the story that is developing about TE Rashaun Allen. Already has accomplished something as one of the tryout players to have been signed for a longer look. So, somebody has to "have his back" - whatever that means from a computer keyboard. So, I'll go with a long shot: the kid from Cleveland.

Ok, kid. Make me look smart. (Wait, I got you're back.) Am I understanding this thing now? lol.

No, you are not getting it. You don't adopt so you look smart, you adopt for sentimentality. Bias. Idiocy. You like his college. You think his mom is hot. He is a dick, and so am I (which is why I took Marsh).

But definitely not to look smart.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Scottemojo":27qhsdmi said:
TeamoftheCentury":27qhsdmi said:

No, you are not getting it. You don't adopt so you look smart, you adopt for sentimentality. Bias. Idiocy. You like his college. You think his mom is hot. He is a dick, and so am I (which is why I took Marsh).

But definitely not to look smart.
lol. Man, that's too bad. No foolin' anyone otherwise.
I'll still stick with Rashaun Allen. Go Hawks!