The Annual Adopt a Rookie thread

Largent80

Reaction score
LAMike1":1olg7jk0 said:
I'm gonna go with Cassius Marsh. And this is coming from a USC fan...

Well, look who crawled out from under a rock...Where in the frak have you been for what?...Years?

godawg

Reaction score
I'm going to stick with my pick from last year, Jesse (Tha Monstar) Williams, whose redshirt year should not be counted against him.

Giving myself a bonus pick from this year's crop, I like Norwood, who will get 12s to stop saying, "but we need a #1 receiver."

kigenzun

Reaction score
Justin Britt.
I am ALL-IN!
He is going to be a badass at RT.

Here's a good article about him: http://www.lebanondailyrecord.com/sport ... b2370.html

When referring to playing in the SEC, where there are no 'down' games, and you've got to bring it each week, constantly honing his skills against Kony Ealy, Michael Sam, and others in practice every week while at Mizzu, and having the confidence to line up against Clowney... Britt sums it up this way:

“I think any athlete should have a chip on their shoulder and think they’re the best. I feel like I have that, too, on the field,” Britt said. “I’m definitely confident in my own abilities. I wouldn’t be here if I wasn’t.”

So let it be written, so let it be done.

There's a new #68 in Seattle now. :th2thumbs:

Greenhell

Reaction score
I'm going with Captain Insano Cassius Marsh. And that's right you heard it here first. I just gave Marsh his nickname.

Insano

ivotuk

Reaction score
Cassius Marsh, DE, UCLA

He's so versatile that I believe he's going to become a Game Changer while pressuring the QB.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Jeffcoat.

He threw my son around from 5th to 8th grade. Son was TE and giving up about 6 inches in height and at least 40 pounds.

Son was fortunate that he didn't line up against him after that. :th2thumbs:

Timmahawk

Reaction score
Garrett Scott - Mainly because I had him on my Mock draft list of 20 guys. Also because his name is incredible and I'm a child of the 80's.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
It's a toss up for me between Norwood and Pinkins, but because I love defense, I'm taking Pinkins.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Timmahawk":1lklhquz said:
Garrett Scott - Mainly because I had him on my Mock draft list of 20 guys. Also because his name is incredible and I'm a child of the 80's.

Back to the Future - The 80's!!

olyfan63

Reaction score
What does everyone think, should "redshirt" guys who got IR'ed and didn't see the field last season should still be considered "Rookie" for adopt-a-rookie purposes? Tharald Simon and Jesse Williams and maybe a couple others fall into this category.

There's a category of cup-of-coffee guys like Scruggs and CMike, cheated out of a "real" rookie season in that they were on the roster but basically didn't play much or at all, DNP - Coach's decision. (See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cup_of_coffee). Sucks that they didn't get a real rookie season, but oh well.

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1iepkqyk said:
You know the drill... who's back you got no matter what?

Paul Richardson, WR Colorado
Justin Britt, OT, Missouri
Cassius Marsh, DE, UCLA
Kevin Norwood, WR, Alabama
Kevin Pierre-Louis, LB, Boston College
Jimmi Staten, DT, Middle Tennessee St.
Garrett Scott, OT, Marshall
Eric Pinkins, DB, San Diego St.
Kiero Small, FB, ARkansas

I like either KPL OR Britt, I think that those two have the best chance for making an impact in year one. I really lime the upside of Scott and of Richardson, they could grow in to huge hits. Marsh could be a dark horse.

For this year, I'm backing KPL. :th2thumbs:

Hawks46

Reaction score
This one is really tough for me. Usually, I go defense and that would be Pinkins for me, but I doubt anyone supplants Maxwell and Pinkins doesn't have the hips to play the slot.

1a. Richardson. I can't wait to see him take the top off of defenses in the NFCW. I'm also giddy to see what that opens up for the rest of the offense. The offense is going to roll this year if Harvin stays healthy. That will in turn, fire up the competitive juices with the defense.

1b. Kiero Small. I just want to see Small truck guys like Willis and Washington, and when we see them on the ground, there's going to be a jersey that says "Small" standing over them. Epic.

1c. Norwood. This guy looks like Baldwin with height. He was clutch for a huge program, and I think he learns to be Wilson's best friend. And he has a good back story.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Norwood, because I used to live on a street called Norwood. Then again.. That place was a hell hole.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Uthawk":3tjl7xjd said:
uncle fester":3tjl7xjd said:
I've only done this once before. I picked Tharold Simon - and he immediately broke his foot (did he end up breaking it twice??), so I'm not going to go jinxing some poor rookie again.

Could you adopt Aaron Donald? That would be nice.

I'll see what I can do :D

A London Hawk

Reaction score
I was sitting here reading some other thread on the board when it suddenly struck me that Britt had to be my choice this year.

Even if he does have one too many Ts.

Reaction score
Ill take pinkins without knowing much about anyone else... love his size and speed Browner was my favorite player since he showed up this guy could be the young version of BB.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I like the look of both Kevins. I'm really excited to see what P-Rich and Pinkins can do.

But I went to Mizzou, and I played RT in high school, so I'll be monitoring & rooting for Britt the most. I wonder if he'll come over for pizza and beer if I let him know I adopted him? Boss can play with my dog Dude.

My high school actually beat his high school in the 1st round of state playoffs my junior year, like 49-7. But Britt was only 2 years old at the time, so he gave up a couple sacks and got a ton of personal fouls.