Tharold Simon

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
I'm completely sure Browner is done because of his issues...

But Thurmond is pretty valuable if the staff isn't sure about Simon...

Anyone have any info about how much the staff/team feels about Simon

Also affects the draft too...

Bryce84

Reaction score
He barely made it on the practice field this year. They haven't seen enough to have an opinion on him. What we do know is they liked him enough to trade up to make sure they could get both him and Jesse Williams.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Just a gut feeling but I think (hope) our FO like both Simon and Michael a lot. I think they're very good at showing the opposition only what they need to see.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Humble Thug is gonna make John & Pete look like god damn prophets once again.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I highly doubt the secret weapon factor is in play with either Michael or Simon. A cloak of mystery, while fun for conspiracy theorists, is no substitute for NFL reps.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Hell, just last year up until Browner's adderall suspension we barely ever saw Maxwell OR Lane play, just because these guys couldn't crack an already tough ass line up to get reps in doesn't mean their busts.

We knew things were going to be like this because of how well they drafted their first three years, I don't get what all the impatience is about.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I don't think Pete felt we had the luxury of risking any mistakes with Michael (in particular) this year. And sure enough, many games went to the wire and as it turned out, we needed every single win. But Not putting him on the field is a far cry from secreting him from the enemy.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Throwdown":ko4x0f4p said:
Humble Thug is gonna make John & Pete look like god damn prophets once again.

I liked the pick. Especially considering he has the chance to be tutored by the best on the planet. But that spot might be getting a bit crowded if Pete has designs on Irvin also roaming around back there (at some point) . Scary combinations come to mind, though.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I actually believe that Thurmond is the weakest link in the secondary and he is pretty good. This team is a CB factory, our deepest position by far. We've got 4 battle tested guys in Sherman, Maxwell, Lane and Thurmond with a couple more prototypical Seahawks DB's, Simon and DeShawn Shead, in waiting. I'd take our depth over most team's starters.

It's amazing that the strongest part of our team aside from ET and Thurmond are all 5th and 6th rnd draft picks. This is not just luck, these guys know exactly what they want in a CB and can identify it like nobody's business not to mention not having to spend valuable draft captial to get it. The biggest concern is keeping ET and Kam on this team long term to allow these CB's to play all out as they do.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
The worst part is, just when you think we have enough depth there Sherman and Thurman get taken out of the Superbowl. Nice to have these caliber of reserves! Not many teams would have been able to plug that hole so readily and Peyton may have had his opening!

Jac

Reaction score
He was a great investment, and I'm glad we were able to redshirt him. Hopefully, he's healthy and can be coached up to be part of the rotation. In this copycat league, these "long" corners are going to start going in earlier rounds.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
Don't under estimate the Humblethug he's gonna be a fan favorite here soon enough I can feel it.

*fingers crossed*

I was right with the "City of Reign" moniker ;-)

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":30d686ed said:
The worst part is, just when you think we have enough depth there Sherman and Thurman get taken out of the Superbowl. Nice to have these caliber of reserves! Not many teams would have been able to plug that hole so readily and Peyton may have had his opening!

Case in point -- Super Bowl XL