Thank You Marshawn, but it really is time

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Shout out to Marshawn Lynch, who will go down as one of my favorite Seahawks of all time.

That being said, his antics and BS will not be missed. It's just a natural part of sports. Your antics can be tolerated when you perform and Marshawn is far passed that.

This is really a weird feeling for me. It's almost like loving a significant other who cheated on you. You know it's right to move on, and you are mad at what they did, but the memories will remain and in the long term, you will have good thoughts about that relationship.

I love you Marshawn, but I can no longer be with you.

KillerB

Reaction score
Let's just say, for the sake of conversation, that Lynch agreed to a pay cut this offseason - to six or six-and-a-half mil. I think that would provide the same cap savings as cutting him outright, wouldn't it? If (obviously a big if) he were amenable to that, would you still be wishing him bon voyage?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
He is on my Mt. Rushmore of Hawks.

If it is the end of his era in Seattle, thanks for the memories.

Optimus25

Reaction score
KillerB":1740se2g said:
Let's just say, for the sake of conversation, that Lynch agreed to a pay cut this offseason - to six or six-and-a-half mil. I think that would provide the same cap savings as cutting him outright, wouldn't it? If (obviously a big if) he were amenable to that, would you still be wishing him bon voyage?

Yes. And yesterday was why.

The guy has major, major mileage.

But on top of that, yesterday was an example of a high mileage star, who goes in for repairs, and when he comes back the offense has evolved without him. We simply couldn't get him going in the first half. Everything he got going yesterday I'm extremely confident rawls would have equalled.

So going forward what if he gets going next year and is that same motor of the offense, but then goes down for another month or two?. The offense should be built on Jimmy, adb, lockett, rawls, and russ, and mixing in lynch just doesn't make sense to me.

Every spare penny should invest in offensive line and defensive interior pass rush while we have rawls on the cheap.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":3b6vw3po said:
Shout out to Marshawn Lynch, who will go down as one of my favorite Seahawks of all time.

That being said, his antics and BS will not be missed. It's just a natural part of sports. Your antics can be tolerated when you perform and Marshawn is far passed that.

This is really a weird feeling for me. It's almost like loving a significant other who cheated on you. You know it's right to move on, and you are mad at what they did, but the memories will remain and in the long term, you will have good thoughts about that relationship.

I love you Marshawn, but I can no longer be with you.

I agree. But you broke it off with him with a text. That's just wrong.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Agreed. Love Marshawn for the last 6 years for what he has done for this team and city. He's one of my all time favorite players. But I have no patience for "Marshawn being Marshawn" unless he's playing like the best RB in the league. Those days are clearly over. He's no longer worth the distractions and definitely not worth $12 mil a year.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
As others have said. I love Marshawn, thankful for all he has done, for the image he created, etc. etc. etc.

But it's time to move on. Even at a pay cut, there's just too much drama and pressure (from fans too) surrounding him that has handicapped this team. There was a time where all that drama, pressure, and pay was worth it. But it's not anymore. Time to make this RW's team 100%. The one good thing about this season and last game was that I think it convinced most folks that Marshawn's time in Seattle is done. I mean I even thought about the idea of what if he took a major paycut and decided to split reps with Rawls. But the second Rawls looked bad and Marshawn had a beast run, fans would be back on the drama/pressure creating train. It's just time to move on. Expect near year to start off bumpy again, but hoping it'll come out smooth sailing.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
If he took a pay cut, I'd be fine with him splitting time with Rawls. But I agree that this is Russ's offense now, and frankly I'm more excited to see Rawls next year than Lynch. With all due respect.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Alot of good posts in here.

I'm of the same mind set but I wanted to make the move last off season believing we could use that 12 mill to bolster the O-line and/or receiver. After watching the protection Newton had all day I believe I was right.

Would have been sweet to trade him to Oakland for any pick they would give instead of adding 5 mill to his pay and our cap. I also believe it would have sent the right message to Kamtrack and any others thinking holding out was a smart strategy.

Love his production but I agree with others it is time to move on.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
We have seen the best of ML. There is a time when a team must move on and I think Rawls has sealed the deal as him being the starter next season.

I won't be sad to see ML's BS head down the road but I will have fond memories of when he was truly part of this team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
KillerB":gz4n1f1h said:

But he won't take a pay cut.

He wouldn't even come back this year without getting more money, what makes you think he'd play next year for half of that?

We all love Beast Mode, but this team has too many needs, especially on the O-line to just keep paying Marshawn when Rawls and company can be as good or better AND free up his cap hit.

IMO it's a no brainer. Thanks Marshawn, we love you, but time to move on.

Latest posts