Thank God we won, but might as well trade Marshawn Lynch

AgentDib

Reaction score
Lynch had eight carries tonight disregarding the run called back on a penalty. Of those eight, one went for 9 yards while the other seven only averaged 2 yards. Our offensive line simply wasn't able to get any movement against their defense and the stacked box, and the obvious solution to this was to punish them through the air, which we tried and (largely) failed at.

JSeahawks":1tfseyxj said:
RB's get better with more carries. It wears out the D. 8 carries is not enough even if he is getting stuffed.
Statistically this has not been the case for Lynch.

Sturm

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2q6vrqgx said:
Since we've decided not to use our best weapon.

Dude, the Rams were playing an 8-man front all damn night! How do you expect them to run it against that?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Bevell doesn't make sense, even after Mike Rob.... I just can't understand.

kmedic

Reaction score
This is more a referendum on our WR's then Lynch. These guys were bitching the past 2 weeks about critics saying they couldn't get separation. Well, here was their big chance to throw it into everyone's face- and they completely failed.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Seattle needed to get him the ball in space on screen passes. Wear out the defense, then take the rock to them on the ground. I'm not even an OC and I know that much.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
edogg23":2hbn0moz said:
Every time he ran the ball he went backwards or gained 3-4. How was that going to win us the game?

Don't confuse the haters with reality.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
JSeahawks":eyfwmqbu said:
They stacked the box all night. There was no room to run. The fact we could not find a way to get the passing game going scares me and why do we run screens so little? When we actually ran a screen play they worked. In fact, besides the two Tate touchdowns screens were the only thing that was working for us yet I think we only called three of them.

Kbar03

Reaction score
Bevell has done lost his mind! I don't care about eight man fronts! Run the ball more than on e every eight plays! Those two and three yard gains not only keep the defense honest but set up our whole pass offense. Bevell's sequence and play calls are off! If I can see that from the couch then what the F is he doing calling an offense? Piss poor! 8 rushes for Lynch?!! 8! Ridiculous! Gonna get Russ killed. I thought we were a running team? #furious (hash tag is a joke..I hate hash tags..)

BGHawk

Reaction score
Kbar03":3gsoclnq said:
Bevell has done lost his mind! I don't care about eight man fronts! Run the ball more than on e every eight plays! Those two and three yard gains not only keep the defense honest but set up our whole pass offense. Bevell's sequence and play calls are off! If I can see that from the couch then what the F is he doing calling an offense? Piss poor! 8 rushes for Lynch?!! 8! Ridiculous! Gonna get Russ killed. I thought we were a running team? #furious (hash tag is a joke..I hate hash tags..)

Amen to this..

hawker84

Reaction score
Sturm":2dufe0k4 said:
JSeahawks":2dufe0k4 said:

Dude, the Rams were playing an 8-man front all damn night! How do you expect them to run it against that?

having trouble understanding this myself. it was clear from the get go, the game plan was to stop the run and make wilson beat them. .. why keep running into a brick wall, they should have been doing screens and quick hits to loosen that up a bit, of course even those take more than .5 seconds to complete so that probably wouldn't have worked either.

I do disagree with the playcalling on the goal line, why bootleg 2 times in a row when you have the best yac back in the game? bevell dropped the ball several times in this game, lucky to get the win...

w00t

Reaction score
Our defense played well considering the shitty field position our offense gave them. Bevell needs to be axed. The front office needs to sign a veteran tackle(s).

Nefaria

Reaction score
Rams game planned perfectly tonight. Took away our strength (run game) and exploited our weakness (oline). That Bevell couldn't counter that by calling pass plays where the ball gets out FAST annoys me more than anything. The few slants and screens he called worked for the most part. I love that we won but it doesn't make me less annoyed at the play calling.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Clemens didn't have great numbers. Look, they held the Rams to nine points. The defense isn't the issue. They got gashed by the run, but then again, when your offense can't sustain a drive because your moron underqualified OC runs the second-best back in the league a grand total of eight times, you tend to get tired.

purpleworld

Reaction score
Should have had 3 TE sets and forced our will to run....Man on Man slobber knocker offense! Totally ashamed our coaches were sooooo ill-prepared with a game plan. We played the Rams TWICE last year (and every year) so we knew what was going to happen.....total failure on the coaching staff's part!!!

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":h2hdk44n said:
Clemens didn't have great numbers. Look, they held the Rams to nine points. The defense isn't the issue. They got gashed by the run, but then again, when your offense can't sustain a drive because your moron underqualified OC runs the second-best back in the league a grand total of eight times, you tend to get tired.

This. Proud of the D. They won this one.

blue 22

Reaction score
didnt the ravens fire thier o coordinator last year and won the super bowl? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

-The Glove-

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2yof67y6 said:
We won.

We also clearly defined our weakness this year.

OC

OL

and unless we get HFA I don't see how we can beat the Saints if we can barely stop Clemons.

Maybe at home, maybe.
Didn't you say we were 6-2 before the game ended?

shawnsim

Reaction score
My problem is that they had the box stacked 8 deep but, our receivers couldn't get open. Even when they had time. Are the leagues 3 secondary players that much better than our receivers??

Really? 8 men in the box and only 3 defenders. We still cannot complete a pass.