Thank God we won, but might as well trade Marshawn Lynch

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We won.

We also clearly defined our weakness this year.

OC

OL

and unless we get HFA I don't see how we can beat the Saints if we can barely stop Clemons.

Maybe at home, maybe.

Mick063

Reaction score
I don't give a crap if they jam eleven folks at the front. Lynch has to get more touches.

The defensive ends teed off at will against the worst backup tackles in the league.

What was Bevel thinking?

edogg23

Reaction score
Every time he ran the ball he went backwards or gained 3-4. How was that going to win us the game?

edogg23

Reaction score
Bevell called the worst game I have seen in a long time though.

Mick063

Reaction score
edogg23":3h1x8g00 said:
Every time he ran the ball he went backwards are gained 3-4. How was that going to win us the game?

Every good run was negated by a Sweezy penalty. Lynch was actually effective on occasion. It just doesn't show up on the stat sheet because of shoddy offensive line play.

A two yard loss is better than a ten yard sack. Third down conversions are at much higher odds. It also makes the play action more effective.

Why not a screen pass? It actually worked when called.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
edogg23":1lc5aqod said:
Every time he ran the ball he went backwards or gained 3-4. How was that going to win us the game?

RB's get better with more carries. It wears out the D. 8 carries is not enough even if he is getting stuffed.

mrdaija

Reaction score
Lynch was getting destroyed. He's not the problem, the blocking is. This was the first time that I've seen the run blocking look as bad as the pass pro. I agree that I'm almost to the end of my rope with Bevell but it's all polishing a turd until these jokers learn to block.

kmedic

Reaction score
The Rams were loading the box. They left one on one coverage on our WR's. They should win. They didn't win. Give the Rams corners some credit for making the game plan work for them, but it definitely looks bad on our WR's.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Funny, in a chess match, we almost got checkmated.

The only way, and I mean ONLY way the Rams could beat us, was stack the box against the run and make us throw.

Since we don't seem to have many short or intermediate routes in our route trees, it gave the DEs time to destroy 2 backup tackles. They had to force us to throw, and we played right into their hands.

Terrible. We threw a few screens that worked well. So we stopped doing it.

We threw a few slants to Miller and Tate that worked well. So we stopped that.

It's truly unbelievable how bad our game plan was tonight.

ensett

Reaction score
JSeahawks":9v4di4zv said:
edogg23":9v4di4zv said:

RB's get better with more carries. It wears out the D. 8 carries is not enough even if he is getting stuffed.

unless i'm reading the numbers wrong, lynch does not get better with more carries. his YPC drops dramatically after 15 carries. That was based off this year. this year he drops dramatically after 5 carries and its ugly after that. This O-line just isn't helping anybody.