Terry Waived

chris98251

Reaction score
Well when John released him he probably said you murdered your workouts, but kid you need to stop there.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Wartooth":1om7thj9 said:
Maybe they finally read his draft preview... Weaknesses: Struggled with nagging knee injury in 2020. Linear route-runner with limited route-tree experience. Rushes through his patterns looking to get vertical. Loses momentum getting in and out of breaks. Catch technique needs significant work. Focus drops could be a lingering issue. Shoddy hands and inconsistent ball-tracking hurt downfield success... Or, maybe they took a trip in the way back machine, and watched some Koren Robinson tape... And saw Terry's future.

Ah, yes. I'm sure an NFL team would read a random draft review instead of scouting with their actual scouts.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":gdf39r6v said:
Well when John released him he probably said you murdered your workouts, but kid you need to stop there.

Dang it Chris. I laughed harder at this than I morally should have...

chris98251

Reaction score
Jerhawk":t6otrn4u said:
chris98251":t6otrn4u said:

Dang it Chris. I laughed harder at this than I morally should have...

:p

cheese22

Reaction score
I'm not blaming Willie Taggart for this. If Terry would rather bang than play football and make millions, that's on him and I'm glad he won't be around. But, Taggart would recruit Charles Manson if he thought it would help his coaching career. He's left a messy trail behind him as he tried to climb his personal coaching ladder. And he's a shitty coach, too.

Nunya

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2fryx3o1 said:
Pete has rules, the player buys in, or not. When they don’t they are gone.

There were reasons why Terry wasn’t drafted, perhaps we will find out more in good time.

Thought this was a great UDFA pick up. Apparently not.

I'm guessing that "Pete's Rules" included not being indicted for murder.

Tical21

Reaction score
classicaaron":2rwjurm9 said:
as a lifetime FSU fan his performance was always head scratching. alot of skill that was just wasted. now alot of light is shed on this as he was clearly running in the wrong circle and had way too much outside of football going on and it really showed on the field. what a waste of talent.

and this comes off of travis rudolph, another FSU wr, being involved in a different murder. what is wrong with these guys.
Travis Rudolph, the autism kid?

toffee

Reaction score
Nunya":1go410wr said:
jammerhawk":1go410wr said:
Pete has rules, the player buys in, or not. When they don’t they are gone.

There were reasons why Terry wasn’t drafted, perhaps we will find out more in good time.

Thought this was a great UDFA pick up. Apparently not.

I'm guessing that "Pete's Rules" included not being indicted for murder.

This!!!!

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
If it happened in 2018 why didn't they (FO) know about it pre-draft? I get it a UDFA doesn't cost you much but wow. This is a stain, especially combined with the Alton thing. Anyway, this creates a possible spot for Gordon to get the shot he's wanted for so long.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Murder charge in Georgia,....,.......

jammerhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":mml2l9p1 said:

Without a doubt this is this best post of the week!

Shot coffee through my nose.

Chris, at times you are deadly!

So funny, but so sad.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I wonder if the team knew of this situation before signing him as a UDFA? Probably, b/c nobody else in the league took a chance on him. However, given the reality he was regarded as a potential high draft pick (2nd or 3rd rd.) it was worth them taking a chance that he wouldn't be indicted. Pete's rules weren't in place for sure on this but the team wasted no time protecting itself.

I like the realiity that the team is willing to take a chance on a player until they show their true colors or it is bad for the team to keep the player around.