Tell me your best Seahawk game story -it better be good ;)

gloss233

Reaction score
It was November 13 2011, Me and my best friend living in Edmonton Alberta Canada finally making our way to seattle for the first time . All to watch my beloved Seahawks play after years of watching them on tv. We stayed at a holiday inn express near downtown , we decided why not try and walk to the game then half way there tragedy hit we realized we forgot the camera , with not enough time to go back we forged on to one of my favorite memories of all time. First memory would be waiting in line to get into the pro store picking out my winter jacket about to pay when i notice signed Walter Jones jerseys (my all time favorite seahawk) for only 100$ and without a second thought i grab one of those(hopefully will be framed one day along with the ticket and game day program). We finally get to our seats up in The HAWKS NEST , surrounded by my fellow seahawks fans/friends besides this one ravens fan right in front of me , but i will get back to that.

Nothing better then to watch my hawks play , but they made sure made the game enjoyable for me winning 22-17 being able to watch my new favorite current player and then rookie Richard Sherman was unbelieveable, not to mention Beast mode breaking lewis's ankle with a phenomenal juke step . but back to the ravens fan , while the ravens were driving the field i was yelling my voice out in support of the seahawks throwing the occasional flacco sucks chants out there . He turns to me and says look at the standings . That's when out of nowhere all my seahawk brethen in the vicinity lose it , They start at this fan telling him to turn the f around don't you dare look back AGAIN ..... He doesnt the rest of the game . IT felt great being with all you fans almost like you where all my friends!!!!!!!!!

I CAN NOT WAIT TO MAKE IT BACK TO ALL MY FRIENDS !!!!! hopefully next season!!!

Barthawk

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":38r1jy03 said:
I think it was 1997 and this was back in the Kingdome days. I was nine years old and I went and watch the Seahawks play the Raiders with my mom who is a die hard 'Hawks fan. Now a thing you need to know about my mom is that she's a tiny woman. She's Scottish born, moved to the States when she married my dad and discovered American football in the 80's and fell in love with it. She's a kind, sweet, quiet little lady who absolutely hates foul language and violence.

However... That all changes when football is one, especially if she's watching Seattle. Now I'm sitting next to my mom and we're cheering for the Hawks when this loud, obnoxious Raiders fan decked out in Raider swag was shouting, heckling, spilling beer, etc. This gentleman seemed to be about 6'3ft (as a kid he might as well have been 10ft tall) and my mom is like 5'2ft. This little woman, having enough of this loud mouth turns around and gives what we call in our family the 'death stare' and says to him sternly, "Sir, I am trying to watch the game with my son. You are being both rude and pushy. I suggest you sit down and shut up or else security will have a very good reason to throw me out when I get done with you." The man stared at my mom, blinked, then cleared his throat as he sat down in what appeared to be utter defeat and kept it down for the rest of the game.

Seattle won that game 45-34 if memory serves me well and though it was a great game to watch with plenty of highlight material all I could really think about was how much my mom scared me. It was that day where I told myself never to cross her.

I remember that game for two plays: Darryl Williams destroying Rickey Dudley and the ball caroming off Galloway's foot and returned for a pick 6 at the end of the first half.

cdallan

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":350c3ntp said:
I would like to tell the story tied to the Dallas game which essentially turned into an all around dream day, however I could not do so without incriminating myself.

So, I will bring up the next best thing.

11/11/1990 - My roomate had family in Kansas City with Season tickets for the Chiefs. We took a last minute trip to accept an offer to see the Hawks play and spend the weekend there.

We went with the family to their tailgate which started at 8AM and was a fantastic event filled with food and beer. A couple of spots down, the most beautiful girl I have ever seen exits a motor home with a group of other girls, but this one took off her jacket to expose a nicely filled Seahawk's T-shirt that got my attention immediately. I had been drinking and without thinking about anything I introduced myself and flat out told her I thought she was beautiful. After all, I had no chance with this person and assumed she was a local.

Fortunately she was great at conversation and fully entertained by my admiration of her. When she told me she was on a road trip from Seattle we exchanged phone numbers. I spent the next 2 hours not caring about the game, while trying not to get caught "admiring" the fit of her Seahawks shirt. I was just happy to have her number.

The entire pre game all I could think about was the girl I just met. After the end of the first quarter I turned around and was shocked to see the very girl sitting in the row behind me, just a few seats over. She was smiling and gave me a little wave, but the thing that came to mind was that she had been watching me in my natural state of fandom. I was pretty embarrassed and concerned that I might have picked my nose or something stupid without knowing it.

As the game progressed the Hawks just scraped by, there was a bomb to Jeff Chadwick and the Hawks were in business despite Derrick Thomas getting sack after sack. The Hawks had that one break with Chadwick and really not much more. It was the typical movement of the ball at times that either ended in a punt or a FG with one of FOUR fumbles happening in the end zone late in the game. It was the same story, Okoye doing his thing and the Hawks choking in KC.

As the clock wound down, my girl started to leave with her group which had both KC and SEA fans in it. I said "why are you leaving?!" and she replied "it's over, we are out of here" I said "you can't leave now! There is still a chance, we will get the ball back. It's never over if it is a 1 score game" (knowing full well that it was, I just wanted to talk to her) Then the UNTHINKABLE happened. As Krieg nearly goes down he hits Skansi in the end zone and our little area went crazy as the Hawks just ripped the Heart out of Arrowhead.

My new girl was so happy she was bouncing up and down which only added to my joy, but she crawled over the seat, hugged me and kissed me. It was like the first kiss I ever had as a teenager and when it was over both our groups were laughing at us and the comments started. I turned around and looked at her party and said very loudly. "THATS why we stay for the finish!"

I was literally offered a ride back with her in their motor home but had to fly back to get back to work the next Tuesday. I did however get her her address and when she arrived home on Thursday she was greeted by 260 dollars worth of flowers. It worked and this December that girl and I will be celebrating our 20 year wedding anniversary. But we always celebrate 11/11 as our true anniversary.

To add, to this day she stops me when I get down about the Hawks being down on the road. If I walk away from the TV she always says "WHY ARE YOU LEAVING? Its never over if is only a 1 score lead"

Best game ever.. yeah, now that I just re-lived it, the KC game was far better than the Romobobble game. My entire life is what it is because of that game. Kids, home, the works.

That...is a absolutely awesome story.

2_0_6

Reaction score
My Uncle took me (Mohawk and all) and my cousin to the first home game that "The Boz" played in. My Uncle was a beer salesman at the time, and was able to get us in the gates early to watch the practice walkthrough. When the team was going back into the locker room, I kept yelling for the Boz and he looked up and started walking over to me.

He came over and talked for a bit, said he liked my hair and told me to come down to this spot after the game. Long story short I got his game shoes, an autographed T shirt, and a game ball.

I still have the game ball & t shirt to this day, but the shoes were sold when turd 16 to a local shop so I could buy a car. Should have kept them!

seabowl

Reaction score
Barthawk":5gldd6s9 said:
Seahawk_Dan":5gldd6s9 said:
I think it was 1997 and this was back in the Kingdome days. I was nine years old and I went and watch the Seahawks play the Raiders with my mom who is a die hard 'Hawks fan. Now a thing you need to know about my mom is that she's a tiny woman. She's Scottish born, moved to the States when she married my dad and discovered American football in the 80's and fell in love with it. She's a kind, sweet, quiet little lady who absolutely hates foul language and violence.

However... That all changes when football is one, especially if she's watching Seattle. Now I'm sitting next to my mom and we're cheering for the Hawks when this loud, obnoxious Raiders fan decked out in Raider swag was shouting, heckling, spilling beer, etc. This gentleman seemed to be about 6'3ft (as a kid he might as well have been 10ft tall) and my mom is like 5'2ft. This little woman, having enough of this loud mouth turns around and gives what we call in our family the 'death stare' and says to him sternly, "Sir, I am trying to watch the game with my son. You are being both rude and pushy. I suggest you sit down and shut up or else security will have a very good reason to throw me out when I get done with you." The man stared at my mom, blinked, then cleared his throat as he sat down in what appeared to be utter defeat and kept it down for the rest of the game.

Seattle won that game 45-34 if memory serves me well and though it was a great game to watch with plenty of highlight material all I could really think about was how much my mom scared me. It was that day where I told myself never to cross her.

I remember that game for two plays: Darryl Williams destroying Rickey Dudley and the ball caroming off Galloway's foot and returned for a pick 6 at the end of the first half.

That was the best hit I ever saw. I thought Dudley was dead.

CANHawk

Reaction score
cdallan":p1sl5org said:
loafoftatupu":p1sl5org said:
I would like to tell the story tied to the Dallas game which essentially turned into an all around dream day, however I could not do so without incriminating myself.

11/11/1990 - My roomate had family in Kansas City with Season tickets for the Chiefs. We took a last minute trip to accept an offer to see the Hawks play and spend the weekend there.

We went with the family to their tailgate which started at 8AM and was a fantastic event filled with food and beer. A couple of spots down, the most beautiful girl I have ever seen exits a motor home with a group of other girls, but this one took off her jacket to expose a nicely filled Seahawk's T-shirt that got my attention immediately. I had been drinking and without thinking about anything I introduced myself and flat out told her I thought she was beautiful. After all, I had no chance with this person and assumed she was a local.

Fortunately she was great at conversation and fully entertained by my admiration of her. When she told me she was on a road trip from Seattle we exchanged phone numbers. I spent the next 2 hours not caring about the game, while trying not to get caught "admiring" the fit of her Seahawks shirt. I was just happy to have her number.

The entire pre game all I could think about was the girl I just met. After the end of the first quarter I turned around and was shocked to see the very girl sitting in the row behind me, just a few seats over. She was smiling and gave me a little wave, but the thing that came to mind was that she had been watching me in my natural state of fandom. I was pretty embarrassed and concerned that I might have picked my nose or something stupid without knowing it.

As the game progressed the Hawks just scraped by, there was a bomb to Jeff Chadwick and the Hawks were in business despite Derrick Thomas getting sack after sack. The Hawks had that one break with Chadwick and really not much more. It was the typical movement of the ball at times that either ended in a punt or a FG with one of FOUR fumbles happening in the end zone late in the game. It was the same story, Okoye doing his thing and the Hawks choking in KC.

As the clock wound down, my girl started to leave with her group which had both KC and SEA fans in it. I said "why are you leaving?!" and she replied "it's over, we are out of here" I said "you can't leave now! There is still a chance, we will get the ball back. It's never over if it is a 1 score game" (knowing full well that it was, I just wanted to talk to her) Then the UNTHINKABLE happened. As Krieg nearly goes down he hits Skansi in the end zone and our little area went crazy as the Hawks just ripped the Heart out of Arrowhead.

My new girl was so happy she was bouncing up and down which only added to my joy, but she crawled over the seat, hugged me and kissed me. It was like the first kiss I ever had as a teenager and when it was over both our groups were laughing at us and the comments started. I turned around and looked at her party and said very loudly. "THATS why we stay for the finish!"

I was literally offered a ride back with her in their motor home but had to fly back to get back to work the next Tuesday. I did however get her her address and when she arrived home on Thursday she was greeted by 260 dollars worth of flowers. It worked and this December that girl and I will be celebrating our 20 year wedding anniversary. But we always celebrate 11/11 as our true anniversary.

To add, to this day she stops me when I get down about the Hawks being down on the road. If I walk away from the TV she always says "WHY ARE YOU LEAVING? Its never over if is only a 1 score lead"

Best game ever.. yeah, now that I just re-lived it, the KC game was far better than the Romobobble game. My entire life is what it is because of that game. Kids, home, the works.

Whatever... He made that up. Me and Hass and the killer robots though; all true.

seahawksny

Reaction score
ok-

Imagine the magical season of 2005. Hawks were at an average 2-2 and then go on to win 11 straight. You all remember the aura that we were all feeling at the time. The amazing 11 False start penalties against the Giants, the amazing run Aleexander had in Arizona where he seemed to be getting further and further away from the DBs that were chasing him down. Shaun was lethal running behind the Wall of Big Walt, and Hutch. UNSTOPPABLE. We all remember.

I was living in NY ( as I am now) before the days of red zone, and could not afford NFL Ticket, so what did I see that year? Maybe one game on TV? Different times remember. My wife is a school teacher and her winter break, unlike the rest of the world, falls not during Christmas, but in the second and third week in January which every year, coincides with Championship Sunday. During that win streak, I was thinking, we will be in Seattle to see my family in January, and if we happen to secure home field, there is no way im going to miss it. I told my Uncle who was a season ticket holder for years, to save me a ticket if we do make it. I bought him a bottle of JW Red for his generosity.

We beat Washington at home after they scared the crap out of us with Shaun going down in 1st half and Matty looking like he did in 2001. All I could think was, here we go again. Second Half, everything changed as you know and we advance.

I get on the plane on a Wed night, and of course I'm the only one wearing a Seahawk hat as Seattle is known for its liberalism instead of its sports teams, hence one reason why we could not save the Supersonics. Another passenger saw my hat and asked me if we were winning this weekend and I responded " Do we have a choice?"

Thursday I go straight to Champs in Bellevue Square and buy a #37 road white which is still as clean as it was then, because I make sure not to wear it if I know it will get dirty. I could not take it off the entire weekend.

Sunday couldn't come quick enough. It was a 3:30 start, we got a free metro ride from the park and ride in Eastgate on 1_90.. There were SCREAMING 12s on board. One guy, who is probably a member of this forum, painted his beard green and read us all a poem that he wrote stating that we were witnessing our first conference championship since 1983, and we all knew the result would we different. Much props to him, I thought so highly of that guy because we all loved this team and had been through so much. There was an energy I had never seen before, and we WERENT EVEN AT THE STADIUM YET!!

We get to Qwest around 1P, it was the first time I was in the stadium as I had been to the Kingdome many times. Tailgate for a couple hours. Anyone that walked by the area with a panther (or a cougar jersey for that matter) was getting smacked around. The cops were breaking up fights right and left. Finally we go in, it was louder than Van Halen in the Tacoma dome in 1992, the loudest experience I ever had to that date . Hawks warm up, # 37 comes out to warm up and place goes BALLISTIC!! But nobody drew the noise better than Lofa during the starting lineups. He had this pregame scream that was AMAZING.

We score first with Matthew hitting Jerramy Stevens over the middle and from that point on, we knew it was our night. Even Seneca Wallace caught a pass. Shaun was unstoppable. Lofa had a big pick in the first half and also knocked their third string back out of the game with a vicious hit, I think his name was Goings. Probably had a concussion for a WEEK!! Delhomme looked lost. It was a night like no other. Walking out of the stadium, the whole crowd was screaming "PITTSBURGH SUCKS". If we could only have that game back.

I remember the next three days, I could not take off that jersey. Monday morning I walked out of my house and saw a pickup drive by, and I pointed to my jersey and he honked back at me. The whole town was in camaraderie like never before. Greatest plane ride I ever took

It really was magical. Possibly the greatest game played in Seattle. that is until Jan 2014, followed by East Rutherford in Feb 2014

To quote Ray Liotta in Goodfellas

"It was A GLORIOUS Time-

GO HAWKS!

seahawksny

Reaction score
CANHawk":14nbnv00 said:
cdallan":14nbnv00 said:
loafoftatupu":14nbnv00 said:

Whatever... He made that up. Me and Hass and the killer robots though; all true.

Great story- I remember that game like it was yesterday. In KC was an automatic loss every year. Thomas almost had Krieg again on that TD pass. somehow he got away. The crowd was crazy and then just silent. Not many road wins back in the day, so that was memorable.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
CANHawk":332xvaza said:

Oh yeah, the Robots.. I forgot about those.

What is cracking me up is that there are guys on this board that might not have even been born when that game took place, at least some that had no clue about the Seahawks. Damn.. I am old.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
seahawksny":1j4otb0o said:
Great story- I remember that game like it was yesterday. In KC was an automatic loss every year. Thomas almost had Krieg again on that TD pass. somehow he got away. The crowd was crazy and then just silent. Not many road wins back in the day, so that was memorable.

It was that fricking Okoye. Busting through tackles, dragging guys like Wyman and Woods and just generally bad football. That 90 season though, the KC game ended a sweep. In the game in Seattle, Kennedy met Okoye head on, stood him up and knocked Okoye back on his ass, HARD. I really don't remember much about Okoye hurting us after that.

CANHawk

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":15wtuf4g said:
CANHawk":15wtuf4g said:

Oh yeah, the Robots.. I forgot about those.

What is cracking me up is that there are guys on this board that might not have even been born when that game took place, at least some that had no clue about the Seahawks. Damn.. I am old.

I was born buddy. I was in the 6th grade, but dammit I was born!

seahawksny

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1hym5b59 said:
seahawksny":1hym5b59 said:

It was that fricking Okoye. Busting through tackles, dragging guys like Wyman and Woods and just generally bad football. That 90 season though, the KC game ended a sweep. In the game in Seattle, Kennedy met Okoye head on, stood him up and knocked Okoye back on his ass, HARD. I really don't remember much about Okoye hurting us after that.

It was okoye, it was deron cherry, it was Carlos Carson. Hell, I think even Steve DeBerg had his way with Dave brown,Easley, Patrick hunter, terry taylor. Didn't matter. They were almost unbeatable at home. Arrowhead then is equivalent to Clink today. What an amazing SB it would be playing them this year. The predictions would be so heavily based on the fact that NEITHER team is at home. Both are lethal at home.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
seahawksny":28pm7x0s said:
loafoftatupu":28pm7x0s said:
seahawksny":28pm7x0s said:

It was okoye, it was deron cherry, it was Carlos Carson. Hell, I think even Steve DeBerg had his way with Dave brown,Easley, Patrick hunter, terry taylor. Didn't matter. They were almost unbeatable at home. Arrowhead then is equivalent to Clink today. What an amazing SB it would be playing them this year. The predictions would be so heavily based on the fact that NEITHER team is at home. Both are lethal at home.

Yeah.. DeBerg.. the 80's version of Alex Smith.

That was the year the Nigerian Nightmare ended though. After those games where they just knew it was coming and that guy would two hand carry right from the Handoff ss he trucked through. Those were some frustrating times. But in 90, in Seattle, Cortez met him at the LOS and just slammed him. It was a memorable evening.

seabowl

Reaction score
I was at the Jets Hawks game when Jerry Rice was playing for us and before the game I was watching the Hawks warm up on the Seahawk sidelines. Out from nowhere can a guy who jogged up to where I was standing and said "you're a Hawk fan", I nodded yes and he then flicked me a ball. It was Jim Zorn. I was obviously excited and have it on display in my house. The ball has the K on it and was used the week before when I believe we got stomped by the Bills. Pretty memorable for me.