Teams of the decade (seahawks related)

acer1240

Reaction score
Thanks for the link! Good read.

Balance is great, but it's hard to imagine any team of any decade mustering much against this Seattle defense.

I love it!

knownone

Reaction score
The ‘15 Panthers and ‘17 Eagles at #2 and #3 is hard to take seriously.

The Panthers had one of the easiest schedules of all time. They were lucky we had to play in a fricken blizzard the week before or they would have been one and done.

The Eagles played 3 playoff teams that year in the regular season, Rams, KC, Panthers; they basically beat up on bad teams and average QBs enroute to the playoffs. Luckily for them they played in the weakest NFC Playoffs in over a decade and won a Super Bowl with gadget plays. Cool story... not one of the 3 greatest teams of the decade.

Those 49ers and Broncos teams would have destroyed the Eagles and Panthers.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice to see Total Access' David Carr and guest Orlando Scandrick put the 2013 Seahawks as their number one spot on their list as well. Even though the defense rightfully takes the bulk of the reason, Russ was no slouch either that year.

HawkGA

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":331qq6ur said:
Really think the 2013 49er team should be 2nd or 3rd.

Considering there are years that are left out completely and some years that have multiple teams entered (for example, the 2013 Broncos are on there), I would think the 2013 9ers deserve mention. I mean, they did play the Hawks closer than the Broncos did that year.

In terms of dominance in a season in the last decade, hard to argue with the 2013 Seahawks. Panthers make it high on the list because of their record, but I don't think they ever struck fear into anybody, plus they managed to lose the Super Bowl.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Best thing about the 2013 Seahawks is that Les got to live through and enjoy the entire season and it's glorious end.

Attachments

• les3.JPG
    les3.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 633
  • les2.JPG
    les2.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 633

Latest posts