TE Andrei Lintz(Wazzu)

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Didn't see this posted or reported anywhere.

Found out on Twitter from another former WSU player(his roommate) that Andrei will be signed by the Hawks.

Got confirmation on WazzuWatch. His mom lurks and occasionally posts there, and she said he will be going through the physical today and if everything is good, Andrei will likely be signed and start camp.

I'm not sure what this implies for the other TE's in camp.

Andrei compares very well to Luke Wilson. *Very* athletic, good pass catcher, decent blocker. I know the Pats worked him out prior to the draft, not sure how many other teams did as well.

The jist is that Andrei is a very good athlete, but still needs to develop. I'm sure you guys all know how bad WSU has been the last decade. In 2011, he should have been a top target, but our backup QB's were inept at throwing down the middle and our OC simply gave up calling plays. When Tuel got knocked out for pretty much the whole year the offense that should have been, changed quite a bit. The TE's did far more blocking than they should have because of the enormity of problems with our OL.

When Leach was hired, the TE position was essentially eliminated by his Air Raid offense, which left him hanging in 2012. Good attitude, hard worker and stuck through a really horrendous stretch of football when he could have probably transferred to Montana last year and got a ton of stats built up to help him get drafted or signed early.

Anyways, just thought I'd pass this along. Of course all of this is pending his physical.

King Dog

Reaction score
Last I saw, Miller, Fells, Wilson and Palmer weren't practicing. Sounds like we need some bodies.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
King Dog":bd7m0tk2 said:
Last I saw, Miller, Fells, Wilson and Palmer weren't practicing. Sounds like we need some bodies.

If Fells, Willson, or Palmer want a shot to be the #2 TE they need to get on the field!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3he8bvld said:
King Dog":3he8bvld said:

If Fells, Willson, or Palmer want a shot to be the #2 TE they need to get on the field!
Can somebody here make sure that these guys read this post?

Hawks46

Reaction score
This is the kind of guy that Pete and John find. Sounds like he has a lot of upside, but his situation in college sucked and it hurt his stats and exposure.

This might also be due to the fact that Miller showed up with a knee wrap yesterday. I'm not sure how you can tweak a knee while you're taking it easy on a foot, but evidently he did.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Generally not of "the sky is falling" sort... but, I'll admit I'm starting to get a little nervous about the TE position. Maybe I shouldn't be, but just being honest. Not really concerned about WR's. The Hawks are more stocked there than the national media recognizes. But, back to TE. I really think Russell Wilson can help turn what might be an otherwise average guy into a potent TE... just like Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, etc. The player has got to have some talent, but that potential can be fully realized with a guy like Russell Wilson feeding the ball - at least the more pass-catching labeled TE's. It would be great to pull a rabbit out of a hat with a kid like this Lintz.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Played against him in the state championship when I was in high school. He made the game saving tackle at the 2 yard line as time expired against us :evil:

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":13je8z09 said:
HawkFan72":13je8z09 said:
King Dog":13je8z09 said:

Can somebody here make sure that these guys read this post?

Willson has impressed the coaches a lot thus far (so it seems). Think he's safe to miss a little bit of practice time, PC will want to see what he can do in a game before making his final decision.

As for the others, they better step up and do what Willson has been doing.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Miller...Miller...Miller...

I'll feel better about the TE position when we finally see him back on the field. Him not practicing is the only thing really concerning me about the season.

Latest posts