Talk me off the CHAZz ledge, but Wilson...

beasthawk

Reaction score
Has looked flat the last 2 games, yes, he passed 320 yards and yes its ealry but he's been having a bad-ish start, not a SB contending start IMO. I keep telling myself that the Hawks are a slow starting team, slow starting in first half of games and slow starting in frist halfs of the season. Yes we have 2 wins but 80% off it is due to our outstanding defense, I fear a day when the D is a bit of their game and the game gets put back into RW's hands.. Am I crazy?

Yes 2-0....

Seafan

Reaction score
We had a really rough start last season as well and right now we are 2-0 after playing probably our toughest road game and toughest home game of the season. I'm not worried.

Hawks46

Reaction score
SF's defense is good, but Wilson looked better in that game last year.

I don't know what exactly it is, but my guess is the OL is sucking eggs and it affects the QB. If our run game was stronger, we would sell the PA easier and the receivers would have more separation. Our run game was rocking last year and it coincided with Wilson getting better and better.

Mojambo

Reaction score
He's had one good, bordering on great, performance and one bad one.

Chill.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Ya, but here comes the Jaguars. THe cure to our ills.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Y'all see what Kaepernick did last week or what RG3 did the last two weeks or how Luck took an L at home vs. Miami? Maybe I should show you Cam's stats this season...

Seriously, chill.

Tical21

Reaction score
3 catches by the WR's isn't acceptable IMO. No clue who to blame though without watching the wide camera replay. This could be a good week to get right.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
beasthawk":691aavu1 said:
Has looked flat the last 2 games, yes, he passed 320 yards and yes its ealry but he's been having a bad-ish start, not a SB contending start IMO.......Yes we have 2 wins but 80% off it is due to our outstanding defense, I fear a day when the D is a bit of their game and the game gets put back into RW's hands.. Am I crazy?

Yes 2-0....

Nope. You aren't crazy. And I, personally, appreciate the willingness to put him under a microscope for further scrutiny, when necessary. He, himself holds his performance to a lofty standard. Nothing wrong with you doing the same. His perplexing tendency to throw high, at times, and to open games with less than 'Wilsonesque' acuity has happened with enough frequency as to constitute a trend-and this from a guy with a reputation for not making the same mistake twice. Which makes it a curiosity.

Of course we all know how his overall performance as a Seattle Seahawk grades out. That doesn't mean we must blind ourselves to any and all 'shortcomings' when they occur.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Well, his premise is that the defense has won us the first 2 games and it's Wilson's fault. While Wilson as poor for a good part of this last game. I think the overall premise is incorrect. Has Wilson not been his best? No. We all know what. He was putrid for nearly 2 quarters on Sunday. But he was very good last week. It wasn't his throwing that was off. Regardless, the offense scored 27 points this Sunday. What I saw was an offense as a whole that at times couldn't get out of its own way, sometimes, literally. That's a team thing, not an individual player thing.

I am not saying Wilson isn't to blame for his won miscues, but come on, to 'Fear' that the game shoudl get put on to Wilson's willing hands? Isn't that EXACTLY what they did in the Carolina game and he came thru with shining colors?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Despite all his struggles, and the pass-blocking struggles of getting sacked on 10.3% of his passes (for 5th worst % in the NFL) or once every 10 throws, Wilson is still ranked 7th in the NFL in QB Rating.

I wouldn't worry. Sure Wilson made bad throws but for as much San Fran fans have whined about the Legion of Boom, they were getting away from some ticky tacky stuff, not blatant holds, but several times I saw Carlos Rodgers for instance hold the receivers hands back simultaneously while making a play on the ball.

Also, it wasn't exactly the best conditions out there, remember when the game was delayed an hour for thunder and lightning, and it was raining, I'm unsure but did Wilson even play in the rain last year at Qwest? Either way like the Heat affected the game in Carolina, the Rain definitely didn't help either team establish a passing game.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Is it possible we played against a couple of really really good DL's that were gunning for us?

Strange as it sounds, defenses may have seen him last year and somewhat have figured out how to contain his little feints that worked so well for him last year. True our OL pass protection is rather average at best..thank god we have Cable, think how awful it really could be.

OTOH, I think it would behoove our play if we had Kearse or Williams starting for Rice. As much as I like Rice, I just don't think he can stretch out the defense enough for teams ever to have a worry. Kearse or Williams I really feel can open up the field giving more areas for everyone else to be open.

BTW, there are two QB's out there who played us and had a worse game than Russell.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Don't forget that penalties have put him in several impossible situations in both games and that the run game was anemic in game 1. Dude still has a baller passer rating and has been money in clutch situations. I don't need to see this offense be explosive every game. I need RW to take care of the ball and extend drives, which he's done very well thus far. Russ/Pete know the identity of this team, and they're not going to back away from it like San Fran has started to do with Kaep's emergence.

HawkWow

Reaction score
bestfightstory":19jwac8o said:
beasthawk":19jwac8o said:
Has looked flat the last 2 games, yes, he passed 320 yards and yes its ealry but he's been having a bad-ish start, not a SB contending start IMO.......Yes we have 2 wins but 80% off it is due to our outstanding defense, I fear a day when the D is a bit of their game and the game gets put back into RW's hands.. Am I crazy?

Yes 2-0....

Nope. You aren't crazy. And I, personally, appreciate the willingness to put him under a microscope for further scrutiny, when necessary. He, himself holds his performance to a lofty standard. Nothing wrong with you doing the same. His perplexing tendency to throw high, at times, and to open games with less than 'Wilsonesque' acuity has happened with enough frequency as to constitute a trend-and this from a guy with a reputation for not making the same mistake twice. Which makes it a curiosity.

Of course we all know how his overall performance as a Seattle Seahawk grades out. That doesn't mean we must blind ourselves to any and all 'shortcomings' when they occur.

This is one of the best posts I've read on this forum. Seriously.
This thread could have went sideways in a hurry had someone not stood up and agreed with the OP, or at least respected the OP's views, no matter how blasphemous they may be to the masses.

I too have had concerns about some of the things we are seeing from young RW. Then it occurs to me that I am expecting the RW I watched the 2nd half of last season, to be that same RW, the first few games of this season. Perhaps expectations are a bit high, this early.

I am not concerned about him or this team. These guys pick each other up and RW is going to hit his stride when it counts most. We know this.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I'm a bit concerned about his accuracy at times. He's been sailing some passes on occasion since preseason. And it does seem as if he's struggled a bit more dealing with pressure. I'm hopeful he will straighten it out though. He's a sharp kid.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Frankly, I think part of it is the league-wide effort to contain the new breed of QBs. Wilson, Griffin, Kaepernick, and Luck were all anyone was talking about over the offseason, and you can bet DCs were identifying ways of dialing up the pressure on them. And since we've played 2 of the toughest front 7s we will see this entire year (with a few more to come), we got to see the results of that early on. The O-line has been struggling with it, and Wilson has been struggling with it.

Now, with that said, Wilson has an established history of correcting his mistakes and missteps and finding a way to make plays happen. I'm confident that he can work with Bevell to find ways to address and overcome the latest wrinkle that teams are throwing at the Seahawks offense. It might take a little time, but I have no doubts that we'll see improvements over the course of this season just like we did last year.

Latest posts