Superstitions...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Great topic, I was asking people this same thing at work earlier this week. I have a few that worked pretty well last year, so keeping them rolling.

XMas lights can't come down until AFTER NFC Championship. Also, I do what I call "the ritual" which is me walking down on lunch break and taking pics of the stadium every work day of every home game.

Wearing the same jersey and undershirt every time is another.

It's only strange if it doesn't work. :thirishdrinkers:

Sac

Reaction score
hawkfannj":3hfd5843 said:
SacHawk2.0":3hfd5843 said:
hawkfannj":3hfd5843 said:
SacHawk2.0":3hfd5843 said:
Every morning before the game, I call Pete Carroll and give him a pep talk.
Great addition to the thread so glad you can add sooooooooo much . You're a winner.

I love how you're being super sensitive right now. Is that part of your superstition?

PS - FIFY
Not sensitive just if ya got nothing ( which you obviously don't ) why bother beefing up your post counts with well nothing that has anything to do with this thread ? Why bother? Your sarcasim escapes me?

You're assuming that I don't actually know someone named Pete Carroll that needs a weekly pep talk.

SeaChase

Reaction score
I keep it simple. I just make sure I wear something Seahawks and I'm good.

I think I had a bad sign yesterday. I pulled my keys out of my pocket and my Seahawks emblem fell off and landed underneath a parked cars rear tire. Is that bad? I immediately tbought so...

salukihawk12

Reaction score
When watching from home I turn the volume up to 24 when it reaches a point in the game I think we need a boost.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1dj9mzlh said:
My superstition is that every time someone admits to being superstitious, I make a smug and condescending remark to them.
DING DING DING DING DING!!

By the way, guys; I'll never doubt the Madden Curse again. Sherman had such a terrible year, and the way he dislocated, strained, AND tore the ACLs and MCLs in BOTH knees on the same play in week one of this year...Ugh!

I'll never vote a Seahawk onto the Madden cover again. Ever.

shawnsim

Reaction score
When I was a child my parents bought me a Seahawks uniform from the Sears catalog complete with shoulder pads and helmet. Everything.

I used to lose sleep on Saturday night just anticipating Sunday football. It was a lot like Christmas.

Every Sunday I would suit up and tackle couch cushions and, go outside to kick field goals over tree branches.

I remember being spanked for crying and being a baby because the Seahawks lost to the Raiders on Monday night football.

Now. I don't do anything too radical. I avoid chat rooms and gameday forums. Every time I participate the Hawks lose.

My childhood stories are from the 70's. I am a bit older. :les:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2jrh1198 said:
By the way, guys; I'll never doubt the Madden Curse again. Sherman had such a terrible year, and the way he dislocated, strained, AND tore the ACLs and MCLs in BOTH knees on the same play in week one of this year...Ugh!

Dude, chill out. That shit could still happen. Ixnay on the ursecay.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
hawkfannj":so1a1zah said:
MidwestHawker":so1a1zah said:
My superstition is that every time someone admits to being superstitious, I make a smug and condescending remark to them.

hawkfannj":so1a1zah said:
it's only weird if it doesn't work right?!?!?

It doesn't work, so...
Why bother commenting ? I don't get it? Was that supposed to be whitty or something?

I was fulfilling my superstition by making a smug and condescending remark. What, you think you're the only one allowed to exercise your superstition routine?

whitty

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1ev4o9hq said:
RolandDeschain":1ev4o9hq said:

I dare the Madden Curse, God, Allah, Vishnu, and every other deity out there to tear one or more of Sherman's ACLs this Sunday during the Packers game.

Sac

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":imdlshvg said:
Zebulon Dak":imdlshvg said:
RolandDeschain":imdlshvg said:

I dare the Madden Curse, God, Allah, Vishnu, and every other deity out there to tear one or more of Sherman's ACLs this Sunday during the Packers game.

As long as you're not daring the football gods. Those are real.

shawnsim

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":229lxo8n said:
RolandDeschain":229lxo8n said:
Zebulon Dak":229lxo8n said:
RolandDeschain":229lxo8n said:

As long as you're not daring the football gods. Those are real.

Lol.

rcaido

Reaction score
I play Madden the day before the game...It worked last year & i started playing again after the Chiefs game...We haven't lost yet. Last week i ended up playing the Lions though for the playoff but will be playing greenbay tomorrow! I really hate Madden but sometimes you got to make sacrifices & take one for the team.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
RolandDeschain":34s7xv7v said:
Zebulon Dak":34s7xv7v said:
RolandDeschain":34s7xv7v said:

Boy, ain't you gonna feel like a turd come Sunday evening.

As far as superstitions go: the balls, they are sick. Wilson cannot hit short routes. Hail Mary he hit it very much. Short routes, balls are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from balls. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":22x768z3 said:
Seahawk Sailor":22x768z3 said:
Boy, ain't you gonna feel like a turd come Sunday evening.
Just don't ban me when I make a taunting thread in the main forum when we're heading to the Super Bowl with a healthy Sherman come Sunday afternoon.

As long as there's not a hint of a grammatical error in that post, you're safe. That includes comma splices and the proper use of semicolons.

canhawkfan

Reaction score
when we cross the border in blaine, we must have coffee and a raspberry scone from the same barista.
It worked all last year and I ain`t changing now.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":hcu5knej said:
As long as there's not a hint of a grammatical error in that post, you're safe. That includes comma splices and the proper use of semicolons.
Whoa, whoa, whoa; when's the last time I improperly used a semicolon? Also, there are myriad ways to use something unnecessarily but where it's not improper.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1qc31k7j said:
Seahawk Sailor":1qc31k7j said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa; when's the last time I improperly used a semicolon? Also, there are myriad ways to use something unnecessarily but where it's not improper.

Indeed! Moderator's discretion.