Superstitions mid-game

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
My brother and I switched seats at the game at halftime. I'm pretty sure that made the difference.

heffmanhere

Reaction score
Great thread....original...kudos...

The fact I clutched my dog's favourite chew toy in the second half and never let go, was clearly the difference maker.

hadynshea

Reaction score
I know I shouldn't, but I can be rather "stupid-stitiuos" with my Hawks. As the game progressed, I gained increasingly frustrated with all of the commercials, so I started to mute all of them with about 10 minutes to go in Q2. This was the drive where DB caught the 51 yarder, so I started to believe I was on to something. It got to the point that I realized this was rediculous, but I couldn't come to grips with stopping and breaking their mojo. Once Beast Mode ran for his 40 yard TD I knew I wasn't listening to another commercial for the remainder of the game.

So much for hearing any of the Super Bowl XLVIII commercials!

Exittium

Reaction score
After the FOX fupar I started watching the Spanish FOX .. And we were doing good. I wasn't annoyed or angered the the Announcers. Since I couldn't understand them it was like relaxing haha. Also it had a lot less ad breaks. As in where on the American fox ad break and they'd be standing around on the field. Spanish fox you could see them just standing there waiting for the media break to be over and resume play.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
this is bordering on insanity...But my best friends son was wearing a red elmo tshirt. No one else was wearing anything red.

No joke, I asked we change the shirt to either blue or green. They laughingly changed it to a long sleeve neon green tshirt.

Beastmode promptly scored his TD.

:thirishdrinkers:

rjdriver

Reaction score
Only crazy if doesn't work right?

I changed into my Seatown socks at halftime. I think collectively, WE made the difference. Lol.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I was going to the bathroom, told my home boy to bring me a few gallons of water..it was going to be a long day. I was joking of course, but I did move from one side of the house (at the end of the game) to the other to stand next to my buddy that had some good positive energy about him. I literally turned to look at the screen, and the pick happened.

Tumblr lz5vjl9eoK1qfggsro1 500

It's only crazy if it doesn't work.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
Took my gloves off and pulled out the earplugs (yes I'm a weenie, yes your ears still ring anyway) for halftime.

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
Switched from my Wilson 3 to my 12 jersey. My buddy switched from Kam jersey to Wilson 3.

Made all the difference.

:0190l:

MadSweeney

Reaction score
My brother got one of the hideous green jerseys a few years back. He hates it too but puts it on if we need a 2nd half rally.

Personally I used to do a lot of little things because I figured the team needed all the help they could, being non-finishers like they were. Now I just stay with the same thing, like the team does, and let Carroll figure out the second half.

djb28

Reaction score
I made my bad luck woman leave the room. 2 minutes later we scored. I told her don't come back in. That is 100% the truth. She must have believed because she stayed in the kitchen.
Like a Saints fan should!

sturg78

Reaction score
I was wearing my new 12 jersey until half time before realizing that the last time we won an nfc championship I was wearing my Alexander Jersey. I switched, and the rest was history. Your welcome.

rideaducati

Reaction score
My wife's cousin was rooting for the niners and was visiting. The jerk planted himself in my usual spot on the couch. He got up at halftime and I took over my usual spot and put on a Hawks hat. All good from there. Fung Shui. It's just right.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Every time the Samsung Galaxy S4 commercial comes on I ask in the forum who the song is by. It's worked for three straight games. We will win the SB if the commercial comes on.