Super Bowl In Seattle? Would Likely Be Dry...

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I would love a SB here, but the bigger concern to me is the seating at the clink since it's currently something like 3-4k less than the required seating amount and then the amount of hotels and leisure activities providing the "superbowl experience".

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
The forecast for the Super Bowl is snow---that's hysterical. Especially since they can't even get tomorrows forecast right.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Century Link was built to be able to expand to enough seating for a Super Bowl. I was told that back in 2002 from a team rep I trust. I don't think that's any issue. The real issue is if the NFL would ever allow the SB here in Seattle in February...I heard hotel accommodations/availability is the primary obstacle.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Getting enough hotel rooms would be an easy fix with tying up as many winter idle luxury cruise ships as they would need on the downtown water front.

The cruise ship industry would be all over this as it would be super easy revenue and exposure for their industry.

GO HAWKS!!!

Hawkfan509

Reaction score
12HawkFan":3d7ajhoj said:
Getting enough hotel rooms would be an easy fix with tying up as many winter idle luxury cruise ships as they would need on the downtown water front.

The cruise ship industry would be all over this as it would be super easy revenue and exposure for their industry.

GO HAWKS!!!

They did this when the game was in Jacksonville also

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If the seahawks made it to the Super Bowl and it was in Seattle I'd be disappointed, just as I was disappointed the last one was in Detroit. That's not a knock on Seattle, I love the city of Seattle, it's just not an exciting destination.

I'd be perfectly happy if they just kept rotating the Super Bowl between New Orleans, Miami, and Southern California and never played it anywhere else.

mrdaija

Reaction score
I've heard that the upper south end (where the 12 flag and the truck are) can be fitted with seats to bring the capacity up to Superb Owl levels.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
mrdaija":fnshvuu7 said:
I've heard that the upper south end (where the 12 flag and the truck are) can be fitted with seats to bring the capacity up to Superb Owl levels.

I've heard that they plan to fill this area in on the off season this year. It will add 2,500 seats or so. It will not get us to 72,000 however... total capacity will end up right around 70,000.

If they want to get us to SB capacity they will probably also reconfigure the Hawks Nest, making it wider. This was unpalatable until recently -- the new building in the North Lot blocks all city views from the lower bowl, so making the Nest bigger isn't going to change the view for the worse.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Here you go

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ink-field/

"According to Mike Garafolo of FOXSports.com, the Seahawks are looking to add 2,000 to 3,000 seats to CenturyLink Field before the start of the 2014 season. The capacity of the stadium would officially increase from a listed 67,000 permanent seats to close to 70,000 seats."

"The team is looking to add seats to the upper deck in the south end of the stadium which currently has an open plaza where they raise the “12th Man” flag prior to the kickoff of games."

Tical21

Reaction score
London has a better shot than we do. We're just not considered a necessary NFL city.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
JSeahawks":3uwyvv40 said:
If the seahawks made it to the Super Bowl and it was in Seattle I'd be disappointed, just as I was disappointed the last one was in Detroit. That's not a knock on Seattle, I love the city of Seattle, it's just not an exciting destination.

I'd be perfectly happy if they just kept rotating the Super Bowl between New Orleans, Miami, and Southern California and never played it anywhere else.

Not me, I would love a Super Bowl in my hometown. I've been to a lot of cities around the country, lived on the East Coast and I can say with 100% confidence that Seattle is the most beautiful, cultured city in the country. Why not have a Super Bowl here? Good Lord if that armpit Detroit could have one? Why not us?

Ninerg

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2eomt82x said:
I would love a SB here, but the bigger concern to me is the seating at the clink since it's currently something like 3-4k less than the required seating amount and then the amount of hotels and leisure activities providing the "superbowl experience".

I don't think Seattle will ever get a SB, not enough sunshine. Should have built a dome again. The SF Bay Area will be the host to SB 50 at the brand new Levi Stadium. :D

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Ninerg":1nvr34c4 said:
I don't think Seattle will ever get a SB, not enough sunshine. Should have built a dome again. The SF Bay Area will be the host to SB 50 at the brand new Levi Stadium. :D

Yep, and Seahawks fans are planning to be there to watch our team win their third Super Bowl.

Latest posts