Stuff that I saw during the game...

Reaction score
Fyi this won't be Kearlyesque or even ScottyMojoesque, I'm just barfing my thoughts out there...

Holy cow, what a solid, solid win for our Hawks. I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I was a little surprised that the game "felt" like an easy victory. Just an oddball collection of stuff that I was thinking in no particular order:

- Probably the whole first quarter, and a couple minutes into the 2nd I was feeling like this could be the Indy game, part 2.

- RW was really on point today aside from the 1 play where he "Senesacked" himself by floating out of the pocket and not throwing the ball away when he had oodles of space within the pocket.

- Dougie Fresh, Kearse and Tate all had excellent games ; Lockette looked to be more "involved" in plays when he wasn't targeted, or he was blocking - which he'll need to do since he doesn't play special teams if he wants to stick around. It felt good seeing him play defense on the ball in the endzone when the defender had better position - I believe if you look, he actually swats the ball to the ground away from the defenders hands. He had a couple nice blocks for a WR during different parts of the game, but then a couple "WTF" type "blocks" - see the weird front flip/somersault cut block attempt, and the straight up hug you to the ground block - kudos for trying...hard? I guess on those.

- Luke Willson appears to be becoming a more well rounded TE with great quicks for a TE. Had a couple nice grab and runs, and had a few key blocks that sprung fellow members of the receiving core

- Tate is sneaky fast - as in, he has elite change of direction, and balance, and is tough to bring down - so it seems that defenders focus on that - he won't often blow past you, but if you're not ready for it, he'll go right by you - see him beating the press coverage for the long pass early in the game, and the big 40ish yard screen pass.

- Is it me, or does Lynch seemed to have got another gear in his acceleration when he hits the running lane? There was a few times when he just burst through the line and I was thinking, wow, I don't think I've seen that type of acceleration from Lynch before. Maybe it's a combination of confidence with M-Rob being back, and finally fully healing from some of his past nagging injuries?

- Christine Michael - good to see him translating some of his good play in the pre-season to the regular season. I don't believe Seattle has ever had a running back with moves / jukes / and falls forward like he does. About the closest "style" Seahawks running back I can think of is Curt Warner - but even then...just on a totally different level than that...anybody else have any thoughts on that? Once he gets the RB1 job in a few years...look out.

- O-line was really solid even though Cable was shuffling his "fun depth" all around, finding the best possible blocking combos based on what the Offense wanted to do. The only thing that worries me is that we maybe could end up tipping what type of play we are going to do based on who moves where on the O-line. I'm guessing this'll probably just be temporary until Okung and Breno come back.

- I think we've finally shaken the 10am bad road team, slow start Seahawks bug.

- Also - D played great. D-line played well, and though it only translated into a sack (or two?) Ryan was pressured pretty regular and was hurried frequently. A lot of his deeper throws were going off his back foot, or him moving and throwing - not his strong suit. Until a couple of late completions to Gonzalez and the catch and run by Douglas (that ultimately ended in a fumble), the Falcons didn't have a player that had over 20 yards receiving. Which means coverage down the field by the LOB was excellent. Forced Ryan to throw lots of checkdowns.

I'm looking forward to the ride the rest of the year. Go Hawks!

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Senesacked...haha. Seneca had another one of those gems Monday night where he rolled out, had plenty of room to throw it away, but instead chose to to run out of bounds for a 3 yard loss.

OP
OP
MissoulaHawkFan
Reaction score
It was also nice to see the D play the run game the way they are capable. They played the 29th(?) team in rushing, and made them look like it.

Perfundle

Reaction score
MissoulaHawkFan":1cayxc4t said:
- Tate is sneaky fast - as in, he has elite change of direction, and balance, and is tough to bring down - so it seems that defenders focus on that - he won't often blow past you, but if you're not ready for it, he'll go right by you - see him beating the press coverage for the long pass early in the game, and the big 40ish yard screen pass.
One thing I noticed is that Tate's signature slow down-then-accelerate move he pulls against the last defender coming at him isn't working anymore. I guess defenders know this tendency now, so perhaps he can fake slowing it down and simply go full speed.

OP
OP
MissoulaHawkFan
Reaction score
Steve2222":18gyl2ow said:
Christine Michael*
Fixed. Thanks for that. Typos getcha everytime! As an aside, you read everything and that's all you had to say? :th2thumbs:

gargantual

Reaction score
Very nice, comprehensive write-up. It is greatly appreciated.

Nice to see the Hawks put together such a complete game.....probably the most complete of all season. Next most of our beleaguered starters are supposed to be coming back next week.

Rocket

Reaction score
Isn't "Dougie Fresh" Baldwin?
You listed both, does this mean he's super good?
He is, but I was just wonderin'....

OTHERWISE, good writeup. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
MissoulaHawkFan
Reaction score
Rocket":3q68bqny said:
Isn't "Dougie Fresh" Baldwin?
You listed both, does this mean he's super good?
He is, but I was just wonderin'....

OTHERWISE, good writeup. :th2thumbs:
Yup, sure is! That's what happens when you do a write up after some brewski's during the game, and celebratory brewski's after! :thirishdrinkers:

Seahawkx

Reaction score
I think Mike Rob needs his own special paragraph too.. The guys is just amazing IMO and has brought our running game back to this team.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
soo many great points! Impossible to not leave someone out.

Loved the trick play! Great play call! Also loved to see Bailey getting more and more reps.

OP
OP
MissoulaHawkFan
Reaction score
Agree Seahawks and Dom - I was gonna do a blurb on Real Rob and totally forgot. As was proven, I think FB is pretty tough to "plug and play" so to speak. It'll be interesting to see how long Robinson ends up sticking around. If you think about it, it is kind of funny that FB's (it seems like the good ones anyway) have a pretty long shelf-life: Mack Strong, John L, Vontae Leach, Moose Johnston, Lorenzo Neal...I do like the fact that it seems we have a new guy in Coleman - as soon as he gets another year or so to beef up, learn the schemes, and work on his technique. It was unfortunate he got hurt when he did, because he was having his best game of the season to date - I think in a couple years he may be on Real Robs level, though I'm no NFL scout....I guess I should say, I'm HOPING that, wishful thinking, giving him and Christine Michael a year or two to get the same synergy that Lynch and Robinson have. Hopefully Real Rob will be able to stay around and healthy for a few more years.

Atradees

Reaction score
2013-11-10%2011_36_23.gif

MMMMM. Tate

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
MissoulaHawkFan":1astkmka said:
- Luke Willson appears to be becoming a more well rounded TE with great quicks for a TE. Had a couple nice grab and runs, and had a few key blocks that sprung fellow members of the receiving core

- Christine Michael - good to see him translating some of his good play in the pre-season to the regular season. I don't believe Seattle has ever had a running back with moves / jukes / and falls forward like he does. About the closest "style" Seahawks running back I can think of is Curt Warner - but even then...just on a totally different level than that...anybody else have any thoughts on that? Once he gets the RB1 job in a few years...look out.

- O-line was really solid even though Cable was shuffling his "fun depth" all around, finding the best possible blocking combos based on what the Offense wanted to do. The only thing that worries me is that we maybe could end up tipping what type of play we are going to do based on who moves where on the O-line. I'm guessing this'll probably just be temporary until Okung and Breno come back.

- I think we've finally shaken the 10am bad road team, slow start Seahawks bug.
I have really liked what I see from Willson and would like to see him targeted a bit more. Once the ball is in his hands he seems to play bigger than he looks. Defenders seem to bounce off him and he always gets great yardage. His blocking is very improved and very good, with the occasional whiff. But hey, I've witnessed Miller whiff plenty of times too, and he's considered a good blocking TE.

2022235151.jpg

As for Michael, I don't seem to be as enamored with him as everyone else is. The few times he's been in, he looks good, but I refuse to give much credit when it's a situation of being late in a blowout game and the other team is either giving a lackluster effort to just get to the end of regulation, or has subbed in backups.

I zps0a5e7c80

I loved (mostly) what I saw from the O-line and was amazed at how much they were subbing. I don't think I saw the same group of guys for two series in a row all game, and yet they were very good all game. One of my favorite groups yesterday was L-R, Bailey, McQ, Jean Pierre, Sweezy and Bowie. To think we get Giacomini and Okung back soon too! Well done boys, well done!

templm_MAU7562--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

5-1 on the road, with more wins on the road than at home? Ya, the 10:00 am start road bug is splattered all over the windshield of the Seahawks Bandwagon!

2022235259.jpg

And one more of Uncle Pete just for good measure.

2022235107.jpg

OP
OP
MissoulaHawkFan
Reaction score
Nice! Those pics are great JazzHawk - I think the thing with Michael is that he is the "new shiny" toy - that has looked good everytime he has been in. I for one, am anxious to see what he does when given a crack at first team reps.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Tate is pretty fast, I think he ran a 4.4 forty at the combine, but he's a different kind of fast. He doesn't have elite acceleration, meaning he gets to his top end at "higher rpms" to quote a automotive phrase. Thing about Tate is that he can cut and remain quick, and he has elite balance and change of direction.

I'm loving the development of Willson. I've noticed he gets the ball mostly on swing passes and passes in the flats. He's fast enough to turn the ball upfield and get the edge, and it's also hard to get a guy on him that quickly. Conversely, Miller isn't as fast but is better at finding holes in the zone, has better hands, and probably has better chemistry with Wilson. We're getting a good 1-2 tandem here.

OP
OP
MissoulaHawkFan
Reaction score
Definitely agree Hawks46 - in time, hopefully Willson will develop that feel for sitting in zones. Just comes with experience in the league I think.

Latest posts