Stop the Geno hate.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Geno is a competent backup qb. Backup QBs are not expected to carry the entire team. So far, we've had a chance to win both of the games that Geno has started. If one or two other players had stepped up, we would be 4-3 right now. If the OLine had any pride, we would be 4-3 right now. If Adams could catch, we would be 4-3 right now. If guys would play ball and stop with the bullshit penalties, we would be 4-3 right now. If the coaching staff had a damn clue about adjustments and playing to player's strengths and opponent's weaknesses, we would be 4-3 right now. You can't lose Russ and expect to win games the same way with Geno. There is not a team in the entire league that would do that.

LTH

Reaction score
WmHBonney":1j204lte said:
Geno is a competent backup qb. Backup QBs are not expected to carry the entire team. So far, we've had a chance to win both of the games that Geno has started. If one or two other players had stepped up, we would be 4-3 right now. If the OLine had any pride, we would be 4-3 right now. If Adams could catch, we would be 4-3 right now. If guys would play ball and stop with the $h!t penalties, we would be 4-3 right now. If the coaching staff had a damn clue about adjustments and playing to player's strengths and opponent's weaknesses, we would be 4-3 right now. You can't lose Russ and expect to win games the same way with Geno. There is not a team in the entire league that would do that.

I agree... I don't believe that Carroll put the pressure of winning the game on Geno... I think they ran the ball because they didn't want any mistakes... NO front 7 is VERY tough and were coming on in the 4th ... Like I said before what they expected from Geno was to take advantage of easy scoring opportunities and not to turn the ball over and from my perspective he did what was expected of him...

That being said it was the penalties and the missed FG's that lost the game for the Hawks... it WAS NOT the game plan... this was a good game plan considering that they turned the ball over at the end of the game the last 2 games...

this was a must win and I have no problem with the game plan... AGAIN Pete was looking for mistake free play from all 3 phases of the team and special teams didn't do the job... who would have thought that to be the case usually ST is a strength on this team....

LTH

John63

Reaction score
LTH":262apa3i said:
WmHBonney":262apa3i said:
Geno is a competent backup qb. Backup QBs are not expected to carry the entire team. So far, we've had a chance to win both of the games that Geno has started. If one or two other players had stepped up, we would be 4-3 right now. If the OLine had any pride, we would be 4-3 right now. If Adams could catch, we would be 4-3 right now. If guys would play ball and stop with the $h!t penalties, we would be 4-3 right now. If the coaching staff had a damn clue about adjustments and playing to player's strengths and opponent's weaknesses, we would be 4-3 right now. You can't lose Russ and expect to win games the same way with Geno. There is not a team in the entire league that would do that.

I agree... I don't believe that Carroll put the pressure of winning the game on Geno... I think they ran the ball because they didn't want any mistakes... NO front 7 is VERY tough and were coming on in the 4th ... Like I said before what they expected from Geno was to take advantage of easy scoring opportunities and not to turn the ball over and from my perspective he did what was expected of him...

That being said it was the penalties and the missed FG's that lost the game for the Hawks... it WAS NOT the game plan... this was a good game plan considering that they turned the ball over at the end of the game the last 2 games...

this was a must win and I have no problem with the game plan... AGAIN Pete was looking for mistake free play from all 3 phases of the team and special teams didn't do the job... who would have thought that to be the case usually ST is a strength on this team....

LTH

Okay first I don't blame Geno he did not play great but he did what he could. The blame is on PC, the penalties, the game plan was snot good, I get running but to basically tell them what you are running and where and then to run into 8-9 men boxes, again and again, is just stupid.

And before someone say Geno played well or great no

I also don't put the sacks on him, PC set this up like he usually does to have to belong developing plays at the end, and guess what happens with long-developing plays. Also we again only ran 50 plays and lost TOP.
54% comply is not good or well Just get 60% and maybe we win.

Just so everyone knows in 2 games and a qtr Geno has been sacked 10 times. this is not a QB issue but an oline and play-calling design issue. This play calling and design follows PCs mantra to a tee. In getting Wladorn PC said he does a lot of the things we like to do here. This makes me think that PC is pushing for that exact thing. This explains why for a half we look great as the Rams and then another half same old same old.

Make no mistake this is all on PC period.

OP
OP
WmHBonney

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Let Geno throw the ball. Not chunk plays. Easy throws to DK, Tyler, Swain and Everett. Then let those guys make the play after the catch. Just like DK did with his 84yd TD. You have to keep a defense honest. Besides, the Saints are the best defense in the NFL versus the run. That should have been taken into account. Instead, we ran the damn ball right at them and then pinned our hopes on having Geno bail us out at the end. There were so many chances for other players to step up and make a play (including Myers). I don't blame Geno.

John63

Reaction score
WmHBonney":mz62x3ua said:
Let Geno throw the ball. Not chunk plays. Easy throws to DK, Tyler, Swain and Everett. Then let those guys make the play after the catch. Just like DK did with his 84yd TD. You have to keep a defense honest. Besides, the Saints are the best defense in the NFL versus the run. That should have been taken into account. Instead, we ran the damn ball right at them and then pinned our hopes on having Geno bail us out at the end. There were so many chances for other players to step up and make a play (including Myers). I don't blame Geno.

But that's the thing that is PC mantra, run and win in the end. The problem is it takes a HOF QB to do it at a high enough rate to matter. YOu hired this new OC who made Goff look very good, and then you stop him from using that same style for a half or more of football. This is on PC.

LTH

Reaction score
John63":1y23so76 said:
LTH":1y23so76 said:
WmHBonney":1y23so76 said:

LTH

Okay first I don't blame Geno he did not play great but he did what he could. The blame is on PC, the penalties, the game plan was snot good, I get running but to basically tell them what you are running and where and then to run into 8-9 men boxes, again and again, is just stupid.

I also don't put the sacks on him, PC set this up like he usually does to have to belong developing plays at the end, and guess what happens with long-developing plays. Also we again only ran 50 plays and lost TOP.

Just so everyone knows in 2 games and a qtr Geno has been sacked 10 times. this is not a QB issue but an oline and play-calling design issue. This play calling and design follows PCs mantra to a tee. In getting Wladorn PC said he does a lot of the things we like to do here. This makes me think that PC is pushing for that exact thing. This explains why for a half we look great as the Rams and then another half same old same old.

And AGAIN I disagree with you... you have a must win situation with a QB who has turned the ball over at the end of the game twice to lose the game.. the prudent thing to do is the conservative approach to the game... what would have happened if Pete would have opened it up and Geno would have gotten sacked or thrown an INT... they would not have had a chance to win the game...

It wasn't the game plan that lost this game... it just wasn't it was untimely stupid penalties and 2 missed field goals...

Now if your looking to criticize Carroll criticize him for no discipline on the team...those penalties were mental errors..

who would have guessed that myers woiuld have missed 2 FG's and if you take 6 points off the board when playing a team that is playing better than your team how many teams can over come that?

You want to place blame? how come nobody is looking at the fact that the Hawks have a new OC and a new O?

why is it that the Hawks O line didn't pick up the blitz?

but no it has to be PC fault... ok...the truth is they lost the game... it wouldn't have mattered if they won the game you guys are still going to throw this guy in the toilet... so be it..

LTH

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't blame Geno. He's a backup for a reason, he stinks.

But I do blame Pete and John for having Geno on the roster, when after three games it's VERY clear that Pete doesn't trust Geno to run even 50% of the playbook, of which he should have full command with this being his 3rd year in said offense.

So that's really the criticism here. If you're paying Geno 1M+ to supposedly be one of the better veteran backups in the league, yet you still just run run run and don't let Geno throw the ball more? Then wtf are you doing?

You either pay for a veteran who can possibly win you a couple games ever year if your starter gets hurt (no more true in the time of covid), or you go young and develop a QB who can hopefully turn into more than just a career back up.

Looks like we did neither, and that's the glaring indictment IMO.

John63

Reaction score
LTH":2a3jcvxv said:
John63":2a3jcvxv said:
LTH":2a3jcvxv said:
WmHBonney":2a3jcvxv said:

LTH

And AGAIN I disagree with you... you have a must win situation with a QB who has turned the ball over at the end of the game twice to lose the game.. the prudent thing to do is the conservative approach to the game... what would have happened if Pete would have opened it up and Geno would have gotten sacked or thrown an INT... they would not have had a chance to win the game...

It wasn't the game plan that lost this game... it just wasn't it was untimely stupid penalties and 2 missed field goals...

Now if your looking to criticize Carroll criticize him for no discipline on the team...those penalties were mental errors..

who would have guessed that myers woiuld have missed 2 FG's and if you take 6 points off the board when playing a team that is playing better than your team how many teams can over come that?

You want to place blame? how come nobody is looking at the fact that the Hawks have a new OC and a new O?

but no it has to be PC fault... ok...the truth is they lost the game... it wouldn't have mattered if they won the game you guys are still going to throw this guy in the toilet... so be it..

LTH

YOu can disagree all you want but the facts still remain we lost, we did a lot of fo things that made no sense at all, and that is all on the HC PC. As to why not the new OC is simple because it is obvious to anyone who watches games and has watched the rams this is not the same offense again for a half we look like the rams, the other half we look like well same old same old. We now know the PC himself said without Wilson he would not be here. So that means it's not Wilson, So that means its either all 3 OCs or the only constant PC. Add to that at no point in the Rams offense have I ever seen them run the same play into the same whole time and time and time again. That is all PC

LTH

Reaction score
John63":26dfw98s said:
LTH":26dfw98s said:
John63":26dfw98s said:
LTH":26dfw98s said:

LTH

LTH

YOu can disagree all you want but the facts still remain we lost, we did a lot of fo things that made no sense at all, and that is all on the HC PC. As to why not the new OC is simple because it is obvious to anyone who watches games and has watched the rams this is not the same offense again for a half we look like the rams, the other half we look like well same old same old. We now know the PC himself said without Wilson he would not be here. So that means it's not Wilson, So that means its either all 3 OCs or the only constant PC. Add to that at no point in the Rams offense have I ever seen them run the same play into the same whole time and time and time again. That is all PC

Ok.... hate away my friend!!

John63

Reaction score
LTH":zn72du1u said:
John63":zn72du1u said:
LTH":zn72du1u said:
John63":zn72du1u said:

LTH

okay, point of note...again I don't hate anyone, for me to hate someone that means I would be fine with them being dead. Seen enough of that in my life and a whole lot more. I think PC's time is up and has been for some time. the facts support it. he is the HC and president in the end it all falls on him, period. He put this team together, players, coaches, etc, and everything to do with it. Therefore it's all on him. The game plan was not good at all. all the experts are saying it.

LTH

Reaction score
John63":12846xrd said:
LTH":12846xrd said:
John63":12846xrd said:
LTH":12846xrd said:

LTH

okay, point of note...again I don't hate anyone, for me to hate someone that means I would be fine with them being dead. Seen enough of that in my life and a whole lot more. I think PC's time is up and has been for some time. the facts support it. he is the HC and president in the end it all falls on him, period. He put this team together, players, coaches, etc, and everything to do with it. Therefore it's all on him. The game plan was not good at all. all the experts are saying it.

If the Seahawks would have won the game, your opinion would not change... you would disagree that the D had not gotten any better and still would not give any credit to Pete Carroll for the game plan...

No matter what happens short of the Seahawks winning the SB you dislike Pete Carroll...Nothing this man does is going to change that...

LTH

Crizilla

Reaction score
WmHBonney":29izotng said:

Youre saying let Geno throw the ball but he can't. Your entire premise is built off the assumption that Geno can throw the ball. In the NFL you have to make borderline every throw , in the pocket or not. Geno hit DK...and then....what happened after that? Also the part of your argument where you say we would be 4-3 couldnt I say we would be 4-3 if we had a QB who came through in the clutch in the 4th? Wilson has been so good for us for so long it's now real easy to see when a QB doesn't have it. Geno is a back up QB. It's not hard to understand.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
It is weird to get upset that he hasn't played well, given he's a backup and his history. If he was good he'd be a starter, he's at least in the general range as some starters on other teams. There aren't many good QBs.

It was also weird to think he was going to come in and do well, with some people even talking like Wilson could be replaced by a cheaper Geno Smith.

Smith is below average starter and a typical backup. Wilson is one of the best QBs in the league. It's delusional to think Smith will play great and it's delusional to think Wilson is easily replaceable (or even reasonably replaceable).

John63

Reaction score
LTH":3d7bcvdh said:
John63":3d7bcvdh said:
LTH":3d7bcvdh said:
John63":3d7bcvdh said:

If the Seahawks would have won the game, your opinion would not change... you would disagree that the D had not gotten any better and still would not give any credit to Pete Carroll for the game plan...

No matter what happens short of the Seahawks winning the SB you dislike Pete Carroll...Nothing this man does is going to change that...

LTH

that is incorrect as I have in the past given PC plenty of credit. if you bothered to go back and look you would see. BUt at it is time and has been for a few years.

John63

Reaction score
Crizilla":28ss1b2z said:
WmHBonney":28ss1b2z said:

Youre saying let Geno throw the ball but he can't. Your entire premise is built off the assumption that Geno can throw the ball. In the NFL you have to make borderline every throw , in the pocket or not. Geno hit DK...and then....what happened after that? Also the part of your argument where you say we would be 4-3 couldnt I say we would be 4-3 if we had a QB who came through in the clutch in the 4th? Wilson has been so good for us for so long it's now real easy to see when a QB doesn't have it. Geno is a back up QB. It's not hard to understand.

the problem is we really don't know as he has not been allowed to get in a rhythm to throw. and when they finally let him everyone in the world knows it. Letting throw it more is a lot better than running a gazillion times into 8-9 men boxes with the same play.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I haven't seen Geno demonstrate he is a genuine NFL QB. He waits too long in the pocket, doesn't trust what he sees, is not very accurate, is poor at escaping pressure, can't read blitzes, takes sacks at critical points in the game.

In short while he looks at times the part truly he just doesn't have the stuff.

John63

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1aml10un said:
I haven't seen Geno demonstrate he is a genuine NFL QB. He waits too long in the pocket, doesn't trust what he sees, is not very accurate, is poor at escaping pressure, can't read blitzes, takes sacks at critical points in the game.

In short while he looks at times the part truly he just doesn't have the stuff.

And all that might be true, but that is on PC he is the one who chose to go with him. Also, lets get real the game plan is not helping at all.