STOP BLAMING BEVELL!

Rob12

Reaction score
Maulbert":3k9ez1x8 said:
Bevell didn't allow 6 sacks!

Bevell didn't call timeout 3 seconds before the 2 minute warning!

Bevell didn't give up a 21 yard completion on 3rd and 15!

Bevell didn't fall down on 3rd and 5 to give up the game tying TD!

Bevell didn't accidentally kick onside!

Bevell didn't give up a 22 yard completion from his own 47 yard line!

But most importantly, 7 months after he was flayed alive across the world for not handing the ball to Lynch when he needed 1 yard, he handed Lynch the ball when he needed 1 yard, and now you're crucifying him for it! He’s damned if he does, damned if he doesn't! This was a team loss, but you jackals just want a scapegoat.

A run out of the shotgun against the best defensive line in the league.

There's just no reason for that.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hawks46":2i85jrrf said:
DavidSeven":2i85jrrf said:
austinslater25":2i85jrrf said:
Uh yeah I understand it was the way it was used in that moment. Donald wins his matchup 80% of the time. Felt like the went run because of the super bowl call. Terrible call. Why not use the full back? Qb sneak?

QB sneak with the shortest QB in the league going straight at Donald? Really?

Uhhhhh, YUP!. Do you know why Donald is do damned disruptive ? Because he weights 290 lbs and is insanely quick. Draft pundits thought Donald might be too light in the pants to consistently anchor against the run at the NFL level, but he's countered that by winning every time with penetration.

So, run at him with Britt and Nowak, Wilson ducks in behind. Yea, he's only 5'10" but he's also damned near 220 and built like a RB. And he only needs 1 foot. That's an easy win.

It's yet another point on why Bevell is so terrible. Donald was winning his matchup all day long, because no one changed that matchup up at all. He's winning against zone blocking by getting across the face of the Center, yet we rarely (if at all) try to combo block him or double team him at all.

Russell Wilson is 0% on QB sneaks in his 3-year NFL career. This is the play you want deciding the game? Behind Britt and Nowak of all people?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
justafan":2nclygo5 said:
When was the last OC we had who didnt get blamed for playcalling.
Today they tried short passes and players didnt win enough 1 on 1 matchups
I dont care about playcalling very few do anything different.
I want coaches who build a tough disciplined offense that can execute.This offense rolls when Wilson breaks the pocket and makes thing happen.It will never be a smooth running machine with these guys.
Wilson needs to take over the game with his legs he will never be a Brady or Manning.
He can throw from the pocket but thats not what made this team explosive.

The problem is ALL we called were short passes.

No playaction
No moving the pocket
No rollouts
No deep plays
Hardly if any Seam passes.

Kaiser

Reaction score
keep throwing those 2 yard outs to kearse on 3rd and 4, to his outside shoulder.

kearly

Reaction score
I thought Bevell adapted decently well throughout the game, though his initial game plan was crap. The problem was that the Rams always knew exactly what was coming. He couldn't shake them at all, it was like they had his headset wiretapped or something.

A good OC knows how to go after a D's weaknesses and make them feel off balance. Bevell rarely manages to do that.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Maulbert":2yt1oqly said:

Bevell actually does have something to do with the pressure that Russell Wilson finds himself under.

Every other mistake you listed is valid, but an individual and temporary thing.

Bevell is a factor in every game.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":bgy4av2l said:

But most importantly, 7 months after he was flayed alive across the world for not handing the ball to Lynch when he needed 1 yard, he handed Lynch the ball when he needed 1 yard, and now you're crucifying him for it! He’s damned if he does, damned if he doesn't! This was a team loss, but you jackals just want a scapegoat.

Bevell, is this you? Stop emptying the backfield of 3rd down you idiot.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Maulbert":psvqflpe said:

I don't blame bevell for everything you just said. I do blame him for the ridiculous amount of bubble screens, the driving late in the game with 3rd and a few and we throw 40 yards down the field to kearse. I blame him for having two fullbacks on a roster, one weighing 270lbs+ sitting on the bench, running a single back out of the shotgun and getting killed. I could call a better game.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
kearly":18309zzm said:
I thought Bevell adapted decently well throughout the game, though his initial game plan was crap. The problem was that the Rams always knew exactly what was coming. He couldn't shake them at all, it was like they had his headset wiretapped or something.

A good OC knows how to go after a D's weaknesses and make them feel off balance. Bevell rarely manages to do that.

It was the Seahawks that seemed "off balance" today.

Latest posts