Still the best in the NFC WEST

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
By opposing teams' record the 9ers had the #32 most difficult regular season schedule this season; just sayin' that may have contributed to some regular season success more than a bit.
This^^^^ in a nut shell

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Huh, the OP would fit right in on this hawks board.

Team lost with the 4th string QB who wasn't even on the roster 6 weeks ago?

Obviously we can/will never win with this coach.

Also, just re-watched the 2nd half & holysh** the 49ers played really, really dirty.
The Eagles also played really, really clean.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Niners dominated before the salary cap. They purchased their wins. Have not won a Super Bowl in the post cap era.

I'm sorry Red, I respect you, I gotta call you out on that one.

That's such a played BS line. "They purchased their wins".

That's total BS.

Yes, Eddie D was an owner unafraid to spend money and he paid his player handsomely.

However, THERE WAS NO FREE AGENCY.

Players didn't have the freedom to leave and the 49ers didn't spend all their money attracting the best free agents.

They won 4 rings with players they drafted and traded for. Their last SB was in the first year of Free Agency.

Now EVERY team purchases wins.

Hawk4life

Reaction score
I am not surprised the 49ers were eliminated in the playoffs.

I was more surprised that they had won 13 games.

This 49er team under Kyle Shanahan is nothing more then a wannabe Champion.

I said earlier in the season that the 49ers would never win a Lombardi Trophy under Kyke Shanahan.

I still believe this. Kyle is a fraud. He is nothing more then a 2nd place Trophy.

I believe we as 49er Fans are stuck with 2nd place as long as Kyle Shanahan is in charge.

So much talent and it will be wasted by a little man with a huge ego.

He refused to aquire Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers because he didn't want the competition. Kyle wanted the credit.

He thought he could win with Jimmy G because Kyle believed the headlines.

WE ARE ****** until Kyle Shanahans contract runs its course.

Jed York doesn't have the balls to fire this guy thanks to the 49er fans who wanted to burn Jed York on the stake just a few years ago.

We are ******.

That's rough buddy... here is some rusteze for your rings, we will see you in the draft. Don't worry, you guys will get a turn after we have already picked 5.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score

That's total BS.

Yes, Eddie D was an owner unafraid to spend money and he paid his player handsomely.

Players didn't have the freedom to leave and the 49ers didn't spend all their money attracting the best free agents.

They won 4 rings with players they drafted and traded for. Their last SB was in the first year of Free Agency.

He’s not half wrong. Look at the dynasties that were bought like Pittsburgh, Dallas and yea the 49ers. I mean the ones that mean more are won via fair competition. New England has been the only dynasty since and with the amount of parity we’re seeing league wide, may be the last

Marvin49

Reaction score
He’s not half wrong. Look at the dynasties that were bought like Pittsburgh, Dallas and yea the 49ers. I mean the ones that mean more are won via fair competition. New England has been the only dynasty since and with the amount of parity we’re seeing league wide, may be the last

Bought? You mean "built".

There is no question...it is much harder now to maintain a dynasty. What those dynasties were able to do is simply hold onto their drafted talent. Those teams tho had to be built through the draft and trades. There was no free agency to fill roster needs.

Once you were able to build that roster tho, it was a different story. Players didn't have option to leave.

Should be noted tho...

...only 4 49ers had 4 SB rings in the 80s. Montana, Lott, Keena Turner, and Mike Wilson. Almost the entire roster had been revamped by 1989 compared to team that won in '81.
Either way, "purchased" is incorrect.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, they sucked for a long while and drafted VERY well with those 1st round picks. The 29ers are loaded on both sides of the ball.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Wait I just looked and they only have 35 players signed for next year and are already near the cap. Unless they can talk players into taking major pay cuts the will have to trade or release players. McCaffrey is a likely candidate since there is no dead cap on his contract. Their window was basically this year

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I am not surprised the 49ers were eliminated in the playoffs.

I was more surprised that they had won 13 games.

This 49er team under Kyle Shanahan is nothing more then a wannabe Champion.

I said earlier in the season that the 49ers would never win a Lombardi Trophy under Kyke Shanahan.

I still believe this. Kyle is a fraud. He is nothing more then a 2nd place Trophy.

I believe we as 49er Fans are stuck with 2nd place as long as Kyle Shanahan is in charge.

So much talent and it will be wasted by a little man with a huge ego.

He refused to aquire Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers because he didn't want the competition. Kyle wanted the credit.

He thought he could win with Jimmy G because Kyle believed the headlines.

WE ARE ****** until Kyle Shanahans contract runs its course.

Jed York doesn't have the balls to fire this guy thanks to the 49er fans who wanted to burn Jed York on the stake just a few years ago.

We are ******.

Sheesh. You would rather go back to Tomsula, Kelly, the Fans literally loling and batting f York balloons over the stadium?

seatownlowdown

Reaction score

That's total BS.

what a tl:dr cope

anyways,

Lmao
Lmao 2

Marvin49

Reaction score
Wait I just looked and they only have 35 players signed for next year and are already near the cap. Unless they can talk players into taking major pay cuts the will have to trade or release players. McCaffrey is a likely candidate since there is no dead cap on his contract. Their window was basically this year
What you don't know about the cap is immense.

Actually they have the 10th most cap room in the NFL with several contracts that are easily converted into bonus clearing up even more cap space AND they don't have a QB eating up huge cap $$$.

CMC not going anywhere.

The only starters they may lose are McGlinchey, Ward and Ebukam. They likely want to improve on McGlinchey anyway.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
As an opposing fan, I think Shanalynch is the least dysfunctional unit I’ve seen from the 9ers. We Both identified our need as defense in 2017, but only they have fixed it.

morgulon1

Reaction score
You see .....I don't think what the 49ers did was all that impressive.

As a 49er Fan I believe most of us thought the team would win the NFC West if the Rams fell off. They did. The Seahawks were a surprise for any educated fan.

Beating the Cowboys in the playoffs was a given. Its just what most of us believed.

Getting to the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME was expected. Yep! Expected.

Losing two NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES in a row was not.

The 49ers are officially a team that can't finish. A team that can't finish with all that "supposed " talent .

Very disappointing.
Being down 4 qbs is what killed you. It's impressive that you went as far as you did. Yeah , I know your roster is loaded but it's really tough to go on the road to Philly of all places with Purdy and win.

Marvin49

Reaction score
They....gave....up.....31.....points.....on......defense.

Oh come on now.

They gave up 269 total yards, 121 passing and 3.4 yards per rush.

They lost this game because the offense couldn't move the ball once Purdy was hurt. They turned the ball over several times (fumble, on downs) in Eagles territory and the game got away from them.

31 points? Please. Score got lopsided when they were running the ball on 4th and long in their own territory. LOL.

5thgen

Reaction score
I think the niners beat Philly with a competent QB (not purdy). Might come close with purdy but I still think they lose the game.

KC will steam roll philly. Hurts is not that good.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
How many points did Philly score Marvin? Answer the question. Your defense couldn't keep them out of the end zone.

It's cute that you think they would have won that game with Purdy. 1994............and counting

Latest posts