Steve Young - Hawks are "Un-threatening"

toffee

Reaction score
Also they added CMC since we last played. I think whether or not he’s healthy will determine the winner.
They have lots of established star players, we have lots of up and comers. This will be a game of experiences vs experiments.

I wouldn't be surprised that we were in the hunt for CMC too, if not nothing that we are thin in case K9 get hurt, and to deny 9ers from signing him. 9ers might had to pay a lot more because of one John Schneider.

Own The West

Reaction score
I didn't even know "unthreatening" was a word. Shouldn't it be non-threatening?
I believe he said, "nun threatening", a reference to Christian McCaffery's Catholicism. I'm not sure why he wanted to paint Seattle's defense with the anti-catholic brush, but after shutting down Saquon Barkley last week he definitely can see the threat is real.

Mase

Reaction score
-- Young is not a good listen anymore. He used to be more analytical, but has shifted to a bit of a yeller, hot take type. He is an ex-Niner, talking to a Bay area paper. No big shock to what he said. Realistically we are unproven. I learned ZERO from that first game, as the early change of QB threw us off, and we have since reconfigured our defense. Offensively, we are more consistent. Niners are good, very good, but for all the talk of Shanahan owning McVay, I think PC is pretty close to owning Shanahan. And two of those guys have shiny rings, the other just looks at his daddy's.

Mase

chrispy

Reaction score
It's interesting to talk about, but realistically... Dec 14 is still a long way away. 9rs or Seahawks could lose or win 5 games beforehand. In actuality, the only real impact Steve Young's comments have today is to distract from the Cardinals game that happens in 2 days.

keasley45

Reaction score
Also they added CMC since we last played. I think whether or not he’s healthy will determine the winner.

I don't know. Is CMC orders of magnitude better than S Barkley?

Sure, sf uses CMC differently, but I don't think him being healthy guarantees a win for them.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Also, I've never found Steve Young to be as articulate and erudite as some portray. Yeah, I know he has a law degree (must have been tough to get into the school named after your great great great Grandpa). I'm sure he's a bright guy, but I frequently have seen long, incoherent ramblings that never circle back to a point when I've watched him.

I wonder if that has anything to do with all the times he was hit in the head in the NFL. Concussions ended his playing career, and he had a bunch of them.

hawks85

Reaction score
Steve freaking Young, Dude has an extreme hard on for his old team no surprise, but I hope he realizes his old squad is 4-4 and not as good as everyone thinks. Yeah, they added some pieces, but I still think they suck. Records don't lie and 4-4 is not very good, so there's that.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Long before this thread I have thought Steve Young is little more than a blowhard. He rarely says anything positive about the Seahawks but besides that, he just doesn't strike me as someone whose opinion I would care for nor listen to.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
It's interesting to talk about, but realistically... Dec 14 is still a long way away. 9rs or Seahawks could lose or win 5 games beforehand. In actuality, the only real impact Steve Young's comments have today is to distract from the Cardinals game that happens in 2 days.
That just adds fuel to the fire of an improving defense with a chip.
Certainly a homer take by Young and not backed by analytics

Spin Doctor

Reaction score

Sure, sf uses CMC differently, but I don't think him being healthy guarantees a win for them.
CMC has many more bags of trick up his sleeve than Barkley does. His pass catching is what worries me the most though, not his running. He’s the type of guy that’s given Seattle issues in the flats for years.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score

He’s a different kind of threat and they’re going to use him very creatively. He’s given us fits in the past if I recall correctly and we have a lot of young players in the D. I’m mot saying they’ll win if he’s in, just that he’s an X factor that will likely tip the field their direction a chunk.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
This is not a "Can you believe Steve Young dissed the hawks!". He does show respect to what the hawks have done, but doesn't think they are a threat to the 9ers. A different view from all the love we have been shown by the media lately. I like SY's take on a lot of things NFL, but would like to see him eat crow after our TNF matchup.

He won a SB with the niners. obviously he's a fan.

toffee

Reaction score
Off topic, Steve Young looks really outdated, from head to toe, he looks like a manager of small retail bank from the '60s, the dude that opens account and stuff.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Long before this thread I have thought Steve Young is little more than a blowhard. He rarely says anything positive about the Seahawks but besides that, he just doesn't strike me as someone whose opinion I would care for nor listen to.

View attachment 55536
Agreed. Young was my favorite player in the league for awhile (you know, before we got moved back to the NFC West) but I have never found him a very good analyst.

Young gets by on name rec. Hasselbeck is miles better, for example.

evergreen

Reaction score
It's gonna be like the sort of old days. That place is gonna be rocking! Avenge the 2019 division home loss!