Stephen Williams

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think we should all just give thanks that the biggest worry on our roster is filling out practice squad positions.

Wasn't too long ago that we were arguing over who the #2,3 receivers were, who'd start at outside LB, picking up starting O-Linemen after other team's cuts and whether Kelly Jennings could stop sucking long enough to be the #2 DB.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":3thx9nax said:
Williams is a lock. Even with Wilson's half assed throw.
Harper just imploded last night. Like the conspiracy theory there though!

His half-assed 60 yard bomb? Geez, this fan base is seriously getting spoiled.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I recorded the first part of the game and reviewed the bomb. A few conclusions (keep in mind I'm an expert at this sort of thing):

1. The ball traveled 61 yards in the air
2. Williams did a really good job of getting behind coverage
3. Williams timed when to go up to get the ball perfectly
3. We should cut Wilson because he did, in fact, throw the ball a little late

I'm not sure if the ball was deliberately underthrown, as Wilson may have been compensating for some of his overthrows, but the moral of the story is having a WR who is 6'5" with long arms and good strength should take some of the "thinking" out of it. Just throw the rock and let the big boy go get it!

pehawk

Reaction score
MysterMatt":3tdqnxwo said:
I recorded the first part of the game and reviewed the bomb. A few conclusions (keep in mind I'm an expert at this sort of thing):

I'm not sure if the ball was deliberately underthrown, as Wilson may have been compensating for some of his overthrows, but the moral of the story is having a WR who is 6'5" with long arms and good strength should take some of the "thinking" out of it. Just throw the rock and let the big boy go get it!

W-w-waiiiittt, Matt. That was way to simple of a post. Sure, its accurate, but you look foolish unless you insert weighted DIVA rankings (Aretha Franklin's always #1) in the post.

C'mon, this is a fansite. Be better.

TJH

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3mo7pe8f said:
Evil_Shenanigans":3mo7pe8f said:
Williams is a lock. Even with Wilson's half assed throw.
Harper just imploded last night. Like the conspiracy theory there though!

His half-assed 60 yard bomb? Geez, this fan base is seriously getting spoiled.
It was definitely not a good throw. 1/2 the time that gets picked.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
After two picks last week think Russell hesitated just slightly, he was looking deep for awhile as if pondering the throw.

jdblack

Reaction score
Percy Harvin was no longer a bad move because he is injury prone - Now it is a bad move because our receiving core is one of our best position groups without him. Waaaaaaay to much cap space if our #4 & #5 receivers play like this during the regular season.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Wilson obviously sucks. If he was any good he would have covered that 80 yards and scored on one or two plays, not three. What a loser. :stirthepot:

C-Dub

Reaction score
jdblack":2m7t16nx said:
Percy Harvin was no longer a bad move because he is injury prone - Now it is a bad move because our receiving core is one of our best position groups without him. Waaaaaaay to much cap space if our #4 & #5 receivers play like this during the regular season.
And this is the reason Rice might be expendable, but Williams didn't help himself last night by getting injured again.

mikeak

Reaction score
MysterMatt":312xcick said:

What to me is interesting is this notion about underthrown and late. I actually think it was overthrown. You don't throw it much longer than 60 yards (I surely don't :D) but if you look at the flight of the ball it went so high up that it trailed off and arrived later. If that thing is thrown at a slightly lower angle it gets there right on time and doesn't allow the defender to adjust. It is not a great throw. This doesn't mean that RW isn't a good / great qb and I don't understand why a play can't be criticized without everyone jumping on a "well you are saying RW sucks you are an idiot".... it was not a great throw despite how far it went. On the other hand - not to concerned about 61 yard interceptions on jump balls and when it works well then the outcome is pretty freaking great.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well seeing that timing and release of down field passes like that take a bit of chemistry I am not worried, thats the type of pass you get better at with practice and being able to gauge your recievers speed. Big tall guys look like they are moving slower then they are also.