Special Teams

PryorFamily

Reaction score
It's easy to forget how amazing our punt and kick off game was. Ginn is only a weapon if he gets a return. I personally LOVED seeing kicks out of the back of the endzone, HUGE punts by Ryan with great downfield coverage, and solid field goals. It was a big part of today's win!

HawkWow

Reaction score
Love our special teams but I hate all the touchbacks. Even when in our favor. The NFL is killing the game with this brand of horsesh*t. Move the kickoff back and bring back the excitement of kick returns. A-holes.

OP
OP
P

PryorFamily

Reaction score
HawkWow":2rv3p0wi said:
Love our special teams but I hate all the touchbacks. Even when in our favor. The NFL is killing the game with this brand of horsesh*t. Move the kickoff back and bring back the excitement of kick returns. A-holes.

I agree from an entertainment stand point for sure. But the way our special teams was able to affect the field position battle was outstanding! That was my point. I do agree with you though. I miss the returns as a part of the game.

chris98251

Reaction score
Tate fielding those punts inside the 10 yd line which is typically a bad thing, think that might have hurt or field position, but the kicking and coverage part was fantastic.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Ryan's punting was amazing. Those kicks were BOOMING. He backed up the Panthers twice when they should have had the ball at midfield and instead got it inside their own 40.

sutz

Reaction score
Ryan was pretty much the MVP of the first quarter. Props to the D for getting him the opportunities, of course, but he almost single handedly won the field position battle early.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I know Ryan crushed one from his own endzone, and the guy caught it as his own 30.

The amazing thing about these booming kicks were he got so much hangtime for long kicks.

OP
OP
P

PryorFamily

Reaction score
Hawks46":1eas2t75 said:
I know Ryan crushed one from his own endzone, and the guy caught it as his own 30.

The amazing thing about these booming kicks were he got so much hangtime for long kicks.

That's what was so amazing.....The length of his kick is one thing, the fact that it had the hang time it did and that our coverage was able to get there is what was crazy. A small but really important part of this game!

BillHawks

Reaction score
chris98251":6yvaglj6 said:
Tate fielding those punts inside the 10 yd line which is typically a bad thing, think that might have hurt or field position, but the kicking and coverage part was fantastic.

I agree with his thought process. Those punts were heading for the sideline and if he lets them go the ball could be inside the 5. I don't remember the actual numbers but I think we were never inside the 15 on one he returned.

Jville

Reaction score
PryorFamily":3ul3s9rg said:
It's easy to forget how amazing our punt and kick off game was. Ginn is only a weapon if he gets a return. I personally LOVED seeing kicks out of the back of the endzone, HUGE punts by Ryan with great downfield coverage, and solid field goals. It was a big part of today's win!
Special teams had an outstanding game today. Somebody needs to ask the Special Teams Coach how he scored them come Monday.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
The Canadian cannon had another stellar game for us. Really fliped the field for us when it was most needed. And Steven not even giving ginn a chance on kickoffs was awesome.

EmonacoZ71

Reaction score
What made me laugh today was when Jon Ryan booted the hell out of that ball out of our own end zone, a Carolina fan behind me goes...."who is their punter myyyyyyyyyyy gaaaawwwwwwwd"

Feel the wrath that is Jon Ryan's leg.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Ryan might deserve some game ball consideration. His punts were unbelievable today and DID impact the game. Also, everyone notice that Hauschka was booming them deep on kick offs? Good sign.

Our return game didn't seem too special today. We didn't get great opportunities, but hard not to miss Leon out there. Seemed like he made something happen at least once a game.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Shout out to H for kicking those bad boys out of the endzone. The man's got a leg this year.

minormillikin

Reaction score
EmonacoZ71":fjzjqgjt said:
What made me laugh today was when Jon Ryan booted the hell out of that ball out of our own end zone, a Carolina fan behind me goes...."who is their punter myyyyyyyyyyy gaaaawwwwwwwd"

Feel the wrath that is Jon Ryan's leg.

That is awesome.